Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Bounties?  (Read 949 times)
autumnsinfonia (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 10:45:55 AM

Hi I am a newbie and I would like to know more about the bounties and summarize each of it since my friend that introduced me to this forum did not provided me with enough explanation.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:35:58 AM

Hi I am a newbie and I would like to know more about the bounties and summarize each of it since my friend that introduced me to this forum did not provided me with enough explanation.
Bounties are campaign programs intended to advertise their upcoming ICO (Initial Coin Offering) which ranges from social media (such as twitter and facebook), wearing bitcointalk signature, writing blogs and articles, translating their website, ANN thread and whitepaper, reddit, telegram and etc. They have a bounty pool for their partcipants about a number of percentage of the total coin (might be 5%, 2%, 1% or less, it varies) supply or any amount they wish to allocate for their bounty which you can later sell when it reaches an exchanger.
indika8821

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:48:13 PM

bounties.....................
                        ico
                   Bounties are campaign programs intended to advertise their upcoming ICO (Initial Coin Offering)
allathere

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:17:10 PM

When a new Company announced for Ico than it offers bounty to advertise its Ico so this Ico goes popular in public.....
They pay 1% to 5%(approx.) of their total issued coins in bounty....
You can earn those by participating in bounties-like signature Campaign,social media campaign,translation campaign etc....
Here is the link of the bounty board.....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=238.0
Leeke

Activity: 151
Merit: 11

Website link - Bitcoin Unicorn

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:53:01 AM

Bounties are offered by ICOs as a way to reward you for promoting/marketing their ICO for them to help them reach a wider audience.

One of the easiest and therefore lowest rewarding bounty for a newbie or jr member(most don't offer much to newbies) here on BTT is a signature bounty campaign. You need to read the rules throughly of each bounty campaign to ensure you meet the requirements. Especially for larger bounty campaigns that require you to repost/retweet/like everything from the ICO etc every week while the ICO is running for example for them to deny you would kind of suck.

Easiest one by far is the signature campaign bounty. I'd recommend that once you hit Jr Member. But if you like an ICO's project and have a good social media audience (usually one of the requirements of any social media bounty) then just read up on them on each ICO's ANN thread to see if its worth your time and effort to complete for the reward you can receive.

If you have time and are multilingual - there are also translation bounties you can reserve and complete.

A few nights ago I completed a validation bounty for a project that involved checking a few Facebook profiles to see the aging of the accounts to ensure they were created prior to a specific date as part of the sign-up rules.

There are also bounties for blogging, vlogging, logo design, etc. Anything and everything the ICO might not have the time or expertise for they can potentially outsource via bounties if they want to.

Once you have been around for a few months these things won't be so unfamiliar.  But just remember, one of your biggest resources - is your time. And its valuable so don't give it away for free Smiley

andromaxx

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:16:19 AM

Bounties are offered by ICOs as a way to reward you for promoting/marketing their ICO for them to help them reach a wider audience.

One of the easiest and therefore lowest rewarding bounty for a newbie or jr member(most don't offer much to newbies) here on BTT is a signature bounty campaign. You need to read the rules throughly of each bounty campaign to ensure you meet the requirements. Especially for larger bounty campaigns that require you to repost/retweet/like everything from the ICO etc every week while the ICO is running for example for them to deny you would kind of suck.

Easiest one by far is the signature campaign bounty. I'd recommend that once you hit Jr Member. But if you like an ICO's project and have a good social media audience (usually one of the requirements of any social media bounty) then just read up on them on each ICO's ANN thread to see if its worth your time and effort to complete for the reward you can receive.

If you have time and are multilingual - there are also translation bounties you can reserve and complete.

A few nights ago I completed a validation bounty for a project that involved checking a few Facebook profiles to see the aging of the accounts to ensure they were created prior to a specific date as part of the sign-up rules.

There are also bounties for blogging, vlogging, logo design, etc. Anything and everything the ICO might not have the time or expertise for they can potentially outsource via bounties if they want to.

Once you have been around for a few months these things won't be so unfamiliar.  But just remember, one of your biggest resources - is your time. And its valuable so don't give it away for free Smiley
thanks buddy, really helpful for me, but is it possible to newbie to join translation reserve?
loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:24:03 AM

I guest your friend brought you here because your friends wants you to learn some things about bitcoin and how to earn from this forum, you friend didn't tell you all things because all of the knowledge are in here, you just to explore and reads all useful topics here to gain more knowledge, to be honest spoonfeeds are waste of time. but to summaries, bounties are activities that youll be paid after you complete the task from that projects, this activity are not suits to you if you don't have enough knowledge on this, I suggest you to study/read/spend your time in this forum to gain more knowledge that you can use in the future. don't be in rush.
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:54:27 AM

bounties is campaign from ICO, you follow FB,Twitter or signature campaign
and if the ICO success you will get bounties token
Ucup

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:29:12 AM

thanks buddy, really helpful for me, but is it possible to newbie to join translation reserve?
some bounty accept it, and the rest not minimum rank is jr.member because it's easy to make a newbie account, within a minutes you can get that rank  Cheesy
but if you have a previous task from other bounty maybe they will accept you.
autumnsinfonia (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:38:21 AM

Thank you for the information, I would just like to know how to spot a good ICO as when I check on the bounties is really confuses me I already get how the social media bounty goes along with the signature bounties as taken from your answers however I really do not know how to spot a good ICO.
xxjumperxx

Activity: 532
Merit: 271

Buy Bitcoin!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:28:46 AM

Nice and informative post!
I was reading about bounties in the alt forum, but never really found an explanation.
This thread cleared it up a bit.
autumnsinfonia (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:36:07 AM

Nice and informative post!
I was reading about bounties in the alt forum, but never really found an explanation.
This thread cleared it up a bit.

Same here wish that this helped you with the bounties. I am still trying to figure out some things myself.
Leeke

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 12:31:09 PM

[/quote]
[/quote]

Glad to help out Smiley

I'm sadly not multilingual so I haven't had any direct experience in how the translation process works. However from what can be seen on ANN/Bounty threads - I believe anyone can apply for them - usually they just note "Reserved - xxx Language" into the threads.
As an additional point to note - I've also seen many people listing previous translation works that they've done. (Almost like a CV application of sorts).
Submitting your interest in this type of bounty (dependant on the language to be translated) may have high competition from other users, and if I was running an ICO I would likely prefer an experienced translator. But I would definitely apply if I were you as it cannot hurt. Just remember to be professional and polite if they do not accept as well, as even connecting with the ICO devs counts towards your BTT ranking which helps as well.

Again... I'm not fully experienced in translation bounties so please if anyone has more accurate info let us know here. The more tips and knowledge shared about things the more informed we all get.

mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:33:49 PM

bounties are the payment to bct users advertise certain coin on its ICO initial coin offering period where users wear the coin signature for the coin to be well advertise and marketed in the forum.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Leeke

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 01:09:04 PM

Thank you for the information, I would just like to know how to spot a good ICO as when I check on the bounties is really confuses me I already get how the social media bounty goes along with the signature bounties as taken from your answers however I really do not know how to spot a good ICO.
[/quote]

I'm still trying to figure it out the "good" ICO's from the bad ones myself. When you figure it out give me a heads up. At the moment I'm just picking ones with projects I can understand or would use if they make it to release. Refereum & Viuly are examples of that.

Otherwise I check out the ICO to see if they have working platform. Consider the level of detail the site goes to for automating the bounty process, or signup process and how the team handles all questions. If they aren't professional 100% of the time why would I want to support them with my time or my crypto. Do they have a wider dev team supporting them or regular staff etc. A couple of ones I'm getting behind at the moment include Refereum, Rebellious, Viuly and Chimaera for those reasons.

The other thing I do... is I prepare myself to get absolutely nothing back from these. If I have no expectations of rewards then I can be pleasantly surprised if it pays off. Thats my mindset now anyway. I'll revist that in a few months to see if I still feel like that - or if I've learned anything new Smiley Sorry its probs not that helpful Sad

lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:25:36 PM

The prize is one of the company's campaigns aimed at obtaining ICO. If we want to mine a gift we can do it by signature, on the signature we can understand the article first and then we add the signature in the profile summary and we can change the profile by adding the signature. After that bounty there is a choice of rank that we can follow and some requirements are listed.
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:45:07 PM

hi...I ever have this question before...and in my opinion, bounties are offered by ICOs in order to reward us for promoting/marketing their ICO for them and also to help them reach a wider audience.... Wink

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
autumnsinfonia (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:08:55 AM

I'm still trying to figure it out the "good" ICO's from the bad ones myself. When you figure it out give me a heads up. At the moment I'm just picking ones with projects I can understand or would use if they make it to release. Refereum & Viuly are examples of that.

Otherwise I check out the ICO to see if they have working platform. Consider the level of detail the site goes to for automating the bounty process, or signup process and how the team handles all questions. If they aren't professional 100% of the time why would I want to support them with my time or my crypto. Do they have a wider dev team supporting them or regular staff etc. A couple of ones I'm getting behind at the moment include Refereum, Rebellious, Viuly and Chimaera for those reasons.

The other thing I do... is I prepare myself to get absolutely nothing back from these. If I have no expectations of rewards then I can be pleasantly surprised if it pays off. Thats my mindset now anyway. I'll revist that in a few months to see if I still feel like that - or if I've learned anything new Smiley Sorry its probs not that helpful Sad

[/quote]

Do not be sorry its very helpful to be honest and I would like to thank you for the pointers by the way Smiley
rgbrt

Activity: 70

DHrJPBSTfSbJAvAVbRXuJ1j8L7XP3uNjdZ

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:34:31 AM

Informative,  thank you
yeezycheezy

Activity: 476

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 11:59:29 AM

Bounties are campaign programs intended to advertise their upcoming ICO they announce that they need a advertising their project like face twitter and etc . and they have a task for you and you need to report when job is done!

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: