Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you join pool X?  (Read 1475 times)
talpan (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 09:51:37 PM

Hello,

i was wondering what do you in general consider before you join a pool?
What is must-have and what is the turn-off?
Is it the fees, the ui ..?

regards, talpan
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moomoocow

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 10:46:00 PM

Well, the first thing that attracted me to Eligius is the lack of registration required.  I don't want to have yet another password (since it would be foolish to re-use passwords).

The pretty graphs provided is the next thing.  Numbers =D~

After this, I considered that it had some computing power without being too large.

Finally, the new SMPPS seems to be working quite nicely.
talpan (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 10:51:40 PM

Well, the first thing that attracted me to Eligius is the lack of registration required.  I don't want to have yet another password (since it would be foolish to re-use passwords).

The pretty graphs provided is the next thing.  Numbers =D~

After this, I considered that it had some computing power without being too large.

Finally, the new SMPPS seems to be working quite nicely.

Thanks for the reply, but what do you want to say by lack of registration required?
I have in my pool-software an embedded forum, is it that what you mean?

regards, talpan
moomoocow

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

With eligius all you have to do is input a receiving address as your username and away you go.  I don't have to worry about a password or someone hacking my account diverting the BTC.  It literally is impossible since I don't have an actual account.

Of course, the entire eligius system could be hacked and broken into, but that's a different sort of problem =)
talpan (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 11:03:13 PM

With eligius all you have to do is input a receiving address as your username and away you go.  I don't have to worry about a password or someone hacking my account diverting the BTC.  It literally is impossible since I don't have an actual account.

Of course, the entire eligius system could be hacked and broken into, but that's a different sort of problem =)

Ah, okay thanks for the  clarification Smiley.

kind regards, talpan

DareC

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 11:41:17 PM

I joined Continuum because it doesn't require registration, uses cheat-proof scoring, and autopays. It's also very reliable, so far.
talpan (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 11:58:28 PM

I joined Continuum because it doesn't require registration, uses cheat-proof scoring, and autopays. It's also very reliable, so far.

thanks for your replay DareC, it's quite a good idea.

But in my opinion, a registration is required to maintain a certain level of features for the miner.
And I'm a linux guy too, so command line commands and etc aren't a problem to me, but really no interface?,
this kind of sucks, as far as i can tell.

regards, talpan
MrSam

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 12:10:54 AM

I can suggest triplemining.com, not only because i own it but it is also the only pool that has an extra 'gamble' where you can win the jackpot. (currently 0.5BTC every day)

If you're not convinced yet, let me add this to change your mind:

Statistically everyone has the same procential chance of finding a block, the only variable is time. Although time can be a psychological factor in considering what pool to mine with, the results are the same all over. A new pool is no different in that respect.

With Triplemining.com however, we offer you a chance to virtually increase your hash rate with every friend you add to your minipool. In addition your bitcoin mining with us can be rewarded on a weekly basis with our jackpot. So in a way, the fact that we are small and new is an asset. If you are looking for better rewards and bigger share participation, Triplemining.com is the way to go.

talpan (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 12:15:59 AM

Hey,

well, I've got currently a giveaway in at my pool, which is sadly not visited at the moment.
And if the pool would be accepted, I would do a lot more of giveaways.
Currently it's a brandnew HD6950.
It's basically the same or is it?

regards, talpan
MrSam

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 12:20:38 AM

Not really, but thanks for the support Smiley
iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 03:49:03 AM

+1 I use a pool with receiving address as the username as well
it's multiclone so I'm getting more than 1.0 utility for my shares theoretically

my backup pool is is mineco.in because it has no fees and pays out transaction fees to pool members
talpan (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 11:09:37 AM

Thanks for all the feedback Smiley.

regards, talpam
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 02:10:23 PM

well i joined triplemining because of the jackpot incentive, and the ability to make yourself and your referrals earn more by simply using the ref link.

That, and , the site looks amazing Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: