Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:34:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peercoin Logo Design Contest is now up, Provide Feedback to Designers in Link  (Read 539 times)
Sentinelrv (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:27:03 PM

If anyone here has been following this, I was collecting donations to fund a logo design contest for Peercoin. It's been fully funded and I added $200 of my own to help bump us up to the silver package. The contest is now up and running.

I've setup a thread on ppcointalk.org where everyone can give feedback to the designers. I've also notified the designers to pay attention to this thread. So go ahead and voice your opinions, tell them what you like, dislike and give suggestions. Just remember to read the design brief first so you know what Sunnny King (ppcoin's developer) and the rest of the ppc community is shooting for. Here is the feedback thread...

Feedback Thread: http://www.ppcointalk.org/index.php?board=3.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6134

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:50:09 AM

I have looked but for now still we can do nothing.

Many thanks for your engagement for PPC!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:18:00 PM

Ok guys, a couple of updates.

- I guaranteed the prize money to double the amount of entries.
- I just spent another $99 to get 99designs to send out a promotion tweet about our contest to their almost 80,000 designers/followers. I am completely tapped out now.  Sad
- I just realized that everyone can comment on the contest page and talk to the designers, but you'll most likely have to register an account first.
- I asked if it was possible to get a time extension since I'm paying for promotion, not sure on this one though.
dcl595

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:18:49 PM

As posted over at ppcointalk

How do we go about registering votes, can we remove all votes and put each logo in a poll once they have all been submitted and only then?

Additionally can we lift the gold only criteria? I think that represents one persons aim, not the communities and it restricts designer creativity a lot.
Sentinelrv (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 09:33:26 AM

As posted over at ppcointalk

How do we go about registering votes, can we remove all votes and put each logo in a poll once they have all been submitted and only then?

Additionally can we lift the gold only criteria? I think that represents one persons aim, not the communities and it restricts designer creativity a lot.

Once the submissions are in, I'm going to open up a poll for people to vote. The problem here is there is only a limited number of slots, so we'll have to discuss in the thread which logos to include in the poll for voting.

Additionally, the gold requirement was instituted by Sunny King, the developer of Peercoin. There is nothing I can do to change this. You'd have to convince him to open it up to other colors.
dcl595

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 07:22:55 PM

I guess thats my issue, that as a "shareholder" in PPcoin, and a contest contributor financially, I wonder why it is the criteria of Sunny and his personal likes and dislikes that are over reaching those of others, doesnt it defeat the whole object of the contest? Why should we pay $300 for that when it could just have happened within the forum?

Just my opinion, but I really do think that the criteria should be opened up. To me the gold designs look like awkward Casascius coins and remind me a little of geocities (not a future digital crypto currency that has no fundamental reason to be skeuomorphic other than copying bitcoin), they are also very impractical as logos, avatars, favicons etc etc etc.

Honestly I think done properly an open contest without the gold only criteria will allow pp users to pick their own likes and dislikes and use those that they prefer on their own sites, pools, profiles and so on.

Right now it feels a little crazy that we are summarizing something as amazing as a crypto coin with a leaf representing eco functions when in fact it may very well be better represented by time, by electricity, by codes, by spirals in nature, evolution, atoms, planets etc The possibilities really are pretty unlimited and we seem to be missing a fantastic opportunity for no apparent reason  Undecided

Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2013, 07:31:35 PM

I never said there must be a leaf, I only said there better be a representation of the eco aspect of ppcoin, be it a leaf or an eco-earth symbol or whatever. The color does not have to be all gold this is exactly to give designs more flexibility.

It just so happens that the designers agree that leaf is the best representation of eco.
dcl595

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:08:22 PM

I never said there must be a leaf, I only said there better be a representation of the eco aspect of ppcoin, be it a leaf or an eco-earth symbol or whatever. The color does not have to be all gold this is exactly to give designs more flexibility.

It just so happens that the designers agree that leaf is the best representation of eco.

Thanks Sunny, those points if on the contest would be a lot less biased towards the current design ideas and would open up some interesting designs, I just fear that we have kind of missed this opportunity as everyone entering is just producing slightly different iterations of the same concept.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: