Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:45:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARMUP FOR BRAINS! If you ever start a new bitcoin fork, how will you call it?  (Read 969 times)
pekur (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:30:14 PM

Greetings to all!
It really feels like you're in the supermarket, when you see such a big number of WHATEVERCOIN named forks.  Huh
Just no colourfull stickers and not too much of differentiation points.
Beeing "Made in USSR", I prefer to have not more than 5 different products/brands in the same products range - it's simple enough (I know I have USD, EUR, UAH, RUR, BTC to choose from and feel really lucky).
But! Beeing a marketologist in this era of progress, I feel that there is always a place for smth better of a kind, not even talking about the breakthrough products&ideas, which blow up the market from time to time.

So! Do we need all these *coins and...
how will you call a brandnew digital crytocurrency fork of your creation and what will be its core difference from all of the existing coins?

Let the warmup for our brains begin!  Wink
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:33:28 PM

stopcoin. It's designed to seek out and destroy altcoin miners physically. Both the hardware and the owner. Also it's not a coin, it's a missile. But eh, close enough.
ironcross360

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Troll of the Fourth Reich.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:34:36 PM

stopcoin. It's designed to seek out and destroy altcoin miners physically. Both the hardware and the owner. Also it's not a coin, it's a missile. But eh, close enough.
lol

Why are you just staring at this? Just send it! 1MHZjADM41ttjbPUiTPYWGYGm45XLf8ZeS
pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:48:13 PM

If you call it angrycoins, I predict it a big likeness - so expect its price to jump 100 times in a week Wink
angryrob

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:56:14 PM

If you call it angrycoins, I predict it a big likeness - so expect its price to jump 100 times in a week Wink

i already own copyrights on the alt "angrycoins" ;P
pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:05:28 PM

i already own copyrights on the alt "angrycoins" ;P
No way I'll use somebody's creation, but what is the idea of your "angrycoins"? Just curious Wink
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:17:19 PM

AliceWonder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:22:20 PM

phonyCoin - note the uppercase C, that's very important.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:32:48 PM

phonyCoin - note the uppercase C, that's very important.
Is there smth special supposed to be in it?
pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:39:48 PM

Ha! It feels like your idea is becoming more real in each step Wink I suppose it is time to edit a topic for laying out both name&logo or start a separate tender for visuals...
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

KoreaKoin, the coin that nukes any CrapCoins and conquers their blockchains Wink

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:12:31 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 07:09:16 AM by pekur

KoreaKoin, the coin that nukes any CrapCoins and conquers their blockchains Wink

In that case the next will be, I think, NATOcoin that nukes all KoreaKoins. Wink
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:02:13 AM

In that case the next will be, I think, NATOcoin that nukes all KoreKoins. Wink

Pfff, then i'll make NSACoin to spy on all your American intel, then bomb you back with KoreaKoin.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:14:45 AM

Pfff, then i'll make NSACoin to spy on all your American intel, then bomb you back with KoreaKoin.

Promisecoin

it comes with a snazzy logo and promises a bevy of new changes and innovative ideas. the hype builds for weeks, as the project keeps getting pushed back. anticipation mounts, and a presale of Promisecoin starts at .1 btc per 50 coins. after hundreds of eager users have been clamoring for the coin for months, a notice is released that Promisecoin binaries will be available to the first 10 people who donate 1 btc apiece, and they will be able to battle it out for the first 2000 blocks. a bidding war starts between the miners, and end the end 97 btc is paid by 10 individuals for premine rights on the coin. as promised they are emailed, the binaries. upon unzipping and clicking to execute Promisecoin, they are greeted with a prompt asking for an activation code. the flood my inbox with questions about the serial number. i tell them i forgot to remove it, and ask them to give me a week or two, all the time i'm secretly mining the chain. i finally provide the serial numbers, minutes after making the client available in the original announcement thread. the coin is a smashing success, and everyone is happy, until two weeks later they open their bitcoin qt client to do some bitcoin mining and are greeted with the message, "Doh, all your bitcoins are gone. I promise to pay you back. "

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:19:38 AM

Promisecoin

it comes with a snazzy logo and promises a bevy of new changes and innovative ideas. the hype builds for weeks, as the project keeps getting pushed back. anticipation mounts, and a presale of Promisecoin starts at .1 btc per 50 coins. after hundreds of eager users have been clamoring for the coin for months, a notice is released that Promisecoin binaries will be available to the first 10 people who donate 1 btc apiece, and they will be able to battle it out for the first 2000 blocks. a bidding war starts between the miners, and end the end 97 btc is paid by 10 individuals for premine rights on the coin. as promised they are emailed, the binaries. upon unzipping and clicking to execute Promisecoin, they are greeted with a prompt asking for an activation code. the flood my inbox with questions about the serial number. i tell them i forgot to remove it, and ask them to give me a week or two, all the time i'm secretly mining the chain. i finally provide the serial numbers, minutes after making the client available in the original announcement thread. the coin is a smashing success, and everyone is happy, until two weeks later they open their bitcoin qt client to do some bitcoin mining and are greeted with the message, "Doh, all your bitcoins are gone. I promise to pay you back. "

Oh my God. You are a genius, r3wt.

pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:52:53 AM

That's how it works -  
NATOCoin fights KoreaCoin uses NSACoin helps KoreaCoin beat NATOCoin.
Spielberg as director. Old Bruce Willis helps last coin to survive and promises no to use ANYCoin.
7 seansons, 10 episodes each. NBC makes mlrds fiat on advertising.
People are voting for 8th season.
That's where the whole new story of PromiseCoin begin...
------
... Year 2035. My son watches the series on the prohibited CoinTube with Google Glass VIII Coin Edition, thoroughly liking Bruce Willis and saying: Who is that oldfashioned dinosaur?
It's not my war, man Wink
pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:57:47 AM

Promisecoin

I'll tell you - it will work! Wink

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:01:01 PM

I would call them HSC, HashCoin. They would also use the same algorythm as the WPA handshakes uses, therefore eliminating ASIC and FPGA mining.
pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:07:37 PM

I would call them HSC, HashCoin. They would also use the same algorythm as the WPA handshakes uses, therefore eliminating ASIC and FPGA mining.
Is WPA stronger or (somewhat) than SHA256?
hany103

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:47:33 PM

ForkCoin, its just a fork isn't it ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: