Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:18:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MLB.TV subscription for BTC. Where I can buy it?  (Read 583 times)
pekur (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:59:34 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2013, 09:13:17 PM by pekur

Hi guys!

Beeing a great fan of both Baseball and Bitcoin,
just was trying to find a way to buy MLB.TV account for BTC.

Any ideas?

P.S.
Maybe it's a good idea to let the fans to buy tickets, t-shirts, caps, jersies and subscriptions for bitcoin.
MLBit.com. I am not alone in this idea, I hope.
So, please, somebody make it real. Or I will make it fot you Wink.

P.S.2.
BTW, are there any fans of baseball here except of me?
FindABalance

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:29:15 PM

So it would be a very round about way of getting the job done, but I would suggest using Bitspend.net to make any purchases with Bitcoins for services and products that don't do it themselves. Essentially, you provide them with all the information about the product or service you want to purchase and they make the order for you with $, while accepting an equal amount of your ฿ in exchange, plus a fee. The fee is a sliding scale, based on spending price: bitspend.net/price

BTC: 1JxH9xTGiWNnhmQoLFdodsZ6LxCNrgmAx2
LTC: LTeMdtqTFUNs2PUdJudRk77RA5ZMNDk8Kq
pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:55:22 PM

Thanks, but I can just exchange BTC for $ and do the same without posting my info to any broker.
Yes, they have the fee down from 4%, it's not that much comparing to withdrawal fee to any credit card.
But it all depends.

My idea is that sport fans are very good target group to propose them smth a-la "special for you".
It is easier and safer to understand and communicate (in terms of nobody else but you and the shop knows your name, e-mail and address) with what you like personally than listening to broker's  "everything you want, just give us the link".

It is just my own opininon, of course...
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:04:15 PM

My idea is that sport fans are very good target group to propose them smth a-la "special for you".
It is easier and safer to understand and communicate (in terms of nobody else but you and the shop knows your name, e-mail and address) with what you like personally than listening to broker's  "everything you want, just give us the link".

That is an interesting sentiment the way bitcoin and sports betting seem to pair together so naturally.

pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:04:14 AM

That is an interesting sentiment the way bitcoin and sports betting seem to pair together so naturally.

Is there any existing examples?
I only bet on BeatTheStreak, which is free to bet, but has only one big prize in fiat.
Atruk

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:19:51 AM

Is there any existing examples?
I only bet on BeatTheStreak, which is free to bet, but has only one big prize in fiat.

There's two I really use:

bitbook.biz - features accounts where you can maintain a balance and betting is comparatively easy
bitcoinsports.eu - accountless betting, a bit more challenging to track your bets,  but you don't keep a running balance there.

This site's a bit different from a traditional book in that its parimutuel event betting, but I've probably the most reliable site in the long run:

BitBet.us - Number of events they carry is low, but the variety is rather large (as are the sums bet), the operators also have much more to lose in reputation needed for their other businesses as an incentive to not go rouge.

Read through the gambling forums to do a bit of research on your own though. Bitcoin betting is still a bit of a wild west and its hard to tell when an operator is going to go rogue or just suddenly close up shop. There might be better books that I've just been afraid of or not had time to try.

pekur (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

I will try to learn betting with BTC despite I am not a big gambling fanatic. I do that just because it is free and just to check my experience level in baseball...
But thanks, anyway Smiley
Atruk

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:28:37 PM

I will try to learn betting with BTC despite I am not a big gambling fanatic. I do that just because it is free and just to check my experience level in baseball...
But thanks, anyway Smiley

You're welcome. I though I'd just suggest some sites that have been dependable so far. Finding reliable sites in bitcoin is something that requires quite a bit of reading and researching. You also have to keep up with news so you don't end up continuing to deposit to a site that's been known to have gone bad. It takes some work.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: