Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DNG] DungCoin, the coin you want to s**t! [FORUM-BASED]  (Read 676 times)
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:03:10 PM

The innovative altcoin of the century year month, DungCoin (DNG) aims to consolidate your CrapCoins into BitCoin, with no need for any messy clients packed with viruses! Now with a 100% better logo:

Release date: 28th June 2013 - 3PM GMT
Downloads needed? NO
Block reward: 1 DNG
Block timer: N/A (see point below)
DungHashes needed to mine a block: 10 DNH/DungHashes
Pre-mine: 5 blocks - 1 DNG for genesis log and 4 DNG for bounties. The genesis DungCoin will be kept by me as a legendary DungCoin.

DungCoin is not just designed to poke fun at all the crappy recent releases - it also has an innovative design.

Blocks are mined using DungHashes and a Proof of Crap method. The hashing algorithm is crap256. Every time a new CrapCoin is released, you can put forward 100 of that CrapCoin (CrapCoins that are supposed to be rare may only require 10 to be put forward) to put a DungHash against the next block. Each block will be mined after 10 DungHashes, like a lottery. The winning DungHashes are pre-determined and hashed with sha256 before hand to prevent cheating. Whoever mines a block successfully will be credited with 1 DungCoin (DNG).

Now, the CrapCoin that is put forward will have two fates:

a) The CrapCoin will die and nothing will happen;
b) It will go onto an exchange.

Once it is on an exchange, anyone who has had a DungHash in a block where the CrapCoin (that is now on the exchange) was used to get a DungHash will be able to put forward a request to sell the CrapCoins for BTC. The format is like this:

Block number you contributed in: #xxx
CrapCoin name: Name of CrapCoin, e.g coins such as RichCoin, Emeralds

On a successful request, the CrapCoins will be dumped at market price, and the BTC proceeds will be put towards backing CrapCoin. This is the beauty. Eventually, by putting CrapCoins in, you will have real BTC that you may not have had before.

You may ask, why don't you just keep the CrapCoins and sell them yourself for BTC? Well, firstly, you may never get enough BTC, and secondly, even if the CrapCoins you put in get sold for BTC, the other CrapCoins you put in may reward you with precious DNG which you'll be able to get more BTC out of. In the end, you get rid of CrapCoins and get BTC - a win-win situation.

What is a CrapCoin? Well, if you can afford to dump 100 of it on here willingly and it's been released in the last month or two, it's probably a CrapCoin. However, I have the final call (making the currency slightly centralized, however the next part may interest you).

Anyone with 10 DNG or above may apply to be a DungCoin treasurer. There can only be 10 DungCoin treasurers at any given time, and ultimately, I will appoint them. DNG backing assets will be held between these treasurers evenly. The treasurer system will come into effect when the backing assets held equal BTC 0.001 or higher. Also, if a CrapCoin is denied by me (i.e declared to not be a CrapCoin), treasurers will be able to challenge this decision. 6 or more votes against the decision will result in the CrapCoin being accepted as a CrapCoin.

DNG transferring will function similarly to systems such as AbstractCoin. The block-chain will be maintained by me in a seperate thread. Transfers will work like this:

NameOfSender[StartBalance] ---> NameOfReceiver[NewBalance] [Sent: SentAmount]
NameOfSender's New Balance: [NewBalance]

E.G if I had 1 DNG and wanted to send .1 DNG to God:

DiamondCardz[1] ---> God[0.1] [Sent: 0.1]
DiamondCardz's New Balance: [0.9]

You may freely trade DNG. Anyone may trade in at least 10001 satoshis worth of DNG to me or a treasurer at any given time to recover the backed funds. Any DNG that is traded in is destroyed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinions? xD This turned into a piss-take to a pretty large idea, pretty fast. It could actually work, surprisingly. If this gets good feedback (i.e it's funny, it's a cool idea, it's a piss-take that's well-needed), i'll release it tomorrow Wink

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
smitemesmith

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:06:44 PM

Shittt, but still not as cool as digitalcoin  Roll Eyes
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:07:50 PM

Shittt, but still not as cool as digitalcoin  Roll Eyes

Hmmm, i'd say DGC barely escapes the CrapCoin category...for now Cool

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:11:46 PM

this stinks

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:13:58 PM

this stinks

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:18:30 PM

nHeight=1 is not the genesis block, I'm just saying...
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:21:36 PM

nHeight=1 is not the genesis block, I'm just saying...

I'm just saying that this isn't going to have a proper blockchain, it's forum-based, just saying... Wink

peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:26:17 PM

Stopped reading after I got an lol.

KTHXBAI

wait... can the abbreviation be changed to SHIT?

If so, I too would like to waste endless hours on the internet talking with a bunch of dudes about imaginary SHIT.
Gordon Bleu

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:32:01 PM

is Poopcoin to Dungcoin
same as Litecoin to Bitcoin

Is Poopcoin the little Brother of Dungcoin ?

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
Gordon Bleu

verified ✔

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:34:21 PM

And a Shitbar could be worth 0.0005 Dung's or 0.005 Poop's

GAWMiners http://gawminers.com/ Gridseed ASICS in stock in USA
ONE YEAR FREE HOSTING AND ELECTRICITY WITH PURCHASE!

AROUSR.COM The Adult Chat Community (21+) We now accept BTCitcoins Smiley               |
Connect with hot girls for chat, talk, trade pics and more!➠Visit http://arousr.com (21+)|
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 08:47:00 PM

Stopped reading after I got an lol.

KTHXBAI

wait... can the abbreviation be changed to SHIT?

If so, I too would like to waste endless hours on the internet talking with a bunch of dudes about imaginary SHIT.

Sure, it can be changed to SHIT in your imaginary world.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: