Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:37:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Hold Em BitPoker @ the BitBetter  (Read 2843 times)
bitbetter (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I want to feel your empty heart.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 10:01:03 PM

Hey guys, as you can see I'm a newbie to the forums. However--been working on a site that congregates all the fun bitcoin services into one site. We have actually been working pretty hard on this, so your consideration or time (even if it's just a glance) is really appreciated. Our BitPoker is up and running now, if anyone would like a game feel free to sign up for an account or PM me. It's all free (except the buy-in of course). Our site's URL is http://bitbetter.org

It works basically like this:

You make a free account at BitBetter (standard wordpress CMS) then use the forms to purchase the BitCoin buy-in. You will be provided instructions on how to access the poker server once the bitcoins have been received. The bitcoins stay in a MyBitCoin account until the game ends, then the winner is paid the entire pot from this account. Games can have up to 10 people, it's somewhat secure and it's fast. This setup means that our members can run games from their own computers, with no involvement from us. The open-source poker software can be downloaded to a USB and played anywhere. If you'd like to just play the poker without betting any bitcoin, feel free to download the software from our site and play away for free!

As a newbie, I was kinda getting frustrated with all these automated games and doublers and such. Wanted to offer a free place to use your bitcoins for fun, but run by a PERSON who you could contact with problems. There will never be a game run (that is bitcoin based) that wont be monitored by a real person. This way, fraud is kept to a minimum, pay-outs are dumped quickly, and people who are having technical issues can get help fast. We put together a ticket system that will allow people to submit issues then check the status of them being fixed.

Feel free to look around the site. We offer a pizza ordering service and also a module to order pretty much anything from the internet using BitCoins. We will never ask for membership fees or take any type of transaction fee for doing nothing. If we make any money it will be from advertising or winning poker games.

We are implementing several other games to play similarly to poker. You can also see a play-by-play of your poker hands after the game is finished.

PM me or use the chat on the site to ask any questions or feedback you might have. The point here is to provide a fun, legal alternative to online gambling and also provide a safe place to use your BitCoins however YOU want to use them. BitCoins (to me) are all about providing an alternative to online transactions, where you don't have to worry about identity theft and the like. We are NOT a bank. We do NOT bank any bitcoins or make any profit. The only time we actually make any BitCoins is when we win (and I kinda suck.)

BitBetter | where your BitCoins are fun
12f4jinRUaqsHTn2mrDSxzkw9AQ9WBLwtX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PandaMiner

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 09:32:37 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2011, 09:45:48 AM by PandaMiner

Way to go. I'll try it.

I'd like to know if we can schedule a poker game, or is there one already set? I'd like lower stakes, too.. especially for my first time testing out your site.  I'd like to know what the pay out percentages are if there are X number of seats filled. Also, do you take a rake?

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
JOIN THE ICBM | JOIN THE DISCUSSION
bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2011, 10:06:08 PM

Way to go. I'll try it.

I'd like to know if we can schedule a poker game, or is there one already set? I'd like lower stakes, too.. especially for my first time testing out your site.  I'd like to know what the pay out percentages are if there are X number of seats filled. Also, do you take a rake?

We can schedule any time you like. I responded to your chat at the site with more info, but basically you can play with up to ten people or as few as two. The more people, the bigger the pot. We've started out with .05 buy-ins, but we can go even lower if you want. You can also try out the server for free if you'd like, to get the feel for it. When you're ready we can get some people together and run a game. There is NO rake. Basically, if I'm able to beat you I'll keep the money but whoever wins get the entire pot.

You pay to a MyBitCoin account and the money stays in there until the game ends. I usually post up the stats from the games, so you can see the two we've done so far (and see that I lost  Undecided )

We have several people that can host games or you can host one yourself. It's easy to setup and if you win, you get to take everyone's bitcoin! Just for swiftness's sake it's probably easier to load a few coins into MyBitCoin. But the payments are actually pretty fast and they can be pretty much as large or small as you want them. Our aim here really isnt to make a profit, but to have fun. I can attest to the fact that the poker games are, indeed, actually pretty fun. Even funner knowing that your coins are on the line!

PandaMiner

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 01:51:09 AM

Thanks for the info/answers.

Heh, I just thought of something... instead of calling them "chips" we should call them hashes.   We start off the game with 100MH and the blinds are 500Kh and 1Mh. (for a tourney style, not cash game)

❘|❘ NEUFUND Re-Imagine ICOs | Connect off- and on-chain with equity tokens | Enjoy risk-free commitment
bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 02:54:30 AM

Thanks for the info/answers.

Heh, I just thought of something... instead of calling them "chips" we should call them hashes.   We start off the game with 100MH and the blinds are 500Kh and 1Mh. (for a tourney style, not cash game)

Sounds good to me! The cool thing about hosting your own is that you can pretty much set any terms you want and also how fast the game goes. It's good times.

bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 03:41:39 AM

poker anyone? room is ready!

dego

Activity: 399

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 11:50:13 AM

I prefer betco.in for poker. It's fast, transparent and without lags or bugs. And rakes are minimal. I think it's ok for the webmaster to get some bitcents for his service. He carries also some risks (regulations etc.).
PandaMiner

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 12:30:55 PM

I prefer betco.in for poker. It's fast, transparent and without lags or bugs. And rakes are minimal. I think it's ok for the webmaster to get some bitcents for his service. He carries also some risks (regulations etc.).

I've played on BetCo.in before. But there's no tournaments, only cash games.

I've set up a poker buy-in button for .25btc, I just don't know when we should schedule a game.  For today, what's a good time? I'm open for the next few hours.

My Skype name (for IM) is: PandaMarketer if you want to play a game.

bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 07:18:14 PM

hah, but how can you prefer betco if you haven't tried this yet? I'm gonna have to check out betco. I think it's fairly similar, but as panda mentioned above I think we'll be able to run tournaments and such.

bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 08:47:05 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2011, 08:04:07 PM by bitbetter

I've played on BetCo.in before. But there's no tournaments, only cash games.

I've set up a poker buy-in button for .25btc, I just don't know when we should schedule a game.  For today, what's a good time? I'm open for the next few hours.

My Skype name (for IM) is: PandaMarketer if you want to play a game.

So I'm setting up the tournaments. I think it's actually going to be fairly easy.  I've put up a sign-up sheet (see link below), it's open for anyone so you don't have to register at the site for the tournaments.

As for the structure of the tournaments and the site itself, would it be useful to keep ranking stats based on number of games won, points, tournament wins, etc. so that when we are creating the tournaments later on we can more accurately match skill levels?

For example--if we have a 50 man tournament, there is bound to be a difference in skill level. Should we try and pair these skill levels with each other or just pair up randomly? Obviously, in a multi table tournament with 50 people you wont always have an even number of players at every table.

OK--one more question....should the table matches be run back-to-back or would you guys appreciate a longer tournament with schedule tables? I'll set up a tournament page where tournament specifics can be entered (like payout structures, if you want to allow rebuys, etc) and maybe all of this stuff can just be specific to the tournament.

Lemme know your suggestions or comments.

pokermon919

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 07:19:04 PM

The link doesn't work.
Do not pair ppl for tourneys, if they can afford the buy in they should all play together.
bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2011, 08:02:50 PM

The link doesn't work.
Do not pair ppl for tourneys, if they can afford the buy in they should all play together.

ahh thanks for that http://bitbetter.dyndns.org/wordpress/poker/tournaments/poker-tournament-sign-up/

anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 12:13:22 AM

Dynamic DNS and wordpress in the URL?

Are you manually dealing the games?

bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 08:34:25 AM

Dynamic DNS and wordpress in the URL?

No no, just in the process of building the site. I was hosting it from my own pc for awhile but have finally moved to a dedicated server. doing this on the cheaps.

we are using the pokerth open source software for running games. It's similar to what you get at betco.in, but there are a few more features, like voice chat and stuff. Basically, you can use our site to setup and run your games, so you can decide the terms of the game, if you want to take a rake, etc. Everything isn't completely there yet, but it's on it's way. I'm hoping for it to function more like a gaming community for people who like using bitcoin. I am attempting to merge the ideas of P2P gaming with bitcoin as that logically kind of makes sense. We will be adding other P2P games to the site that operate simlarly (and automated) to the poker. This way people are able to find open games, connect to them and win bitcoins. You're not stuck with simply one table to play at. You can also MAKE BTC yourself by setting up games.

It is, indeed, a work in progress. I'm really trying to bring a LEGITIMATE site online that is secure, bug-free and fun. We'll see how it goes I suppose.

PandaMiner

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 10:54:16 AM

There are a few Game Organizers, like myself, that are running the games.  I'm starting off with a Thursday night (7pm Central) 0.25 buy in, max 10 seat game. I'm playing, and I think mr "bitbetter" is too. We need 8 more for this Thursday night.

The buy-in goes to MyBitcoin.com account, and from there I pay the winner(s).  I already tried it out and it works.

bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2011, 12:39:29 PM

There are a few Game Organizers, like myself, that are running the games.  I'm starting off with a Thursday night (7pm Central) 0.25 buy in, max 10 seat game. I'm playing, and I think mr "bitbetter" is too. We need 8 more for this Thursday night.

The buy-in goes to MyBitcoin.com account, and from there I pay the winner(s).  I already tried it out and it works.

I've got two more people for our Thursday game.

done

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 08:22:14 PM

Best of luck with the website. Thanks for the contribution to the community.
bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2011, 12:12:04 AM

Best of luck with the website. Thanks for the contribution to the community.

I really appreciate that!

PandaMiner

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 11:07:18 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2011, 05:08:09 PM by PandaMiner

Anybody else want to play in tomorrow's .25btc tournament?  (7pm Central)

Goto my organizer/host page and sign up by sending .25btc to the address there. You must have a pokerTh account (its free) and download the pokerTh software (also free) to play.

I suggest downloading it now and get a feel for the GUI.

bitbetter (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2011, 02:52:53 AM

Anybody else want to play in tomorrow's .25btc tournament?  (7pm Central)

Goto my organizer/host page and sign up by clicking the ".25btc" buy in link. You must have a pokerTh account (its free) and download the pokerTh software (also free) to play.

I suggest downloading it now and get a feel for the GUI.

I've got three peoples on my side. Looks like there will be a pretty good pot this time!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: