Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:35:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancelot FPGA Received - How do I install it ?  (Read 1731 times)
Cstasy (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 09:06:06 PM

Hello guys,
So I'm kinda new here. I received my Lancelot card (http://www.cardreaderfactory.com/shop/lancelot.html?sl=EN) and I don't seem to be able to install it... Can someone help me ?

I tried what's written on the page : (maybe I didn't install it correctly..)

1. Download the FTDI driver: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm (use the  "Virtual COM Port Drivers")
2. Open your device manager, and record the COM port number.
3. Download the latest version of cgminer: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

But cgminer shows the following error :
Icarus detect: failed to open com3 (cgminer 3.1.1)

Another error that comes up with cgminer 3.3.0 : (happens with a driver that isn't WinUSB, since it just says nothing with that one..)
USB init, open device failed, err -12, you need to install a WinUSB driver for - BLT device 8:4
Icarus detect (8:4) failed to initialise (incorrect device?)

I tried installing every drivers from Zadig also, as adviced by the FPGA-README in the cgminer folder. I'm on Windows 7 by the way. I also have a Raspberry Pi, but it just won't work on it, also.
Thinking of returning it if I can't get it to work.

Thanks for the help guys.

EDIT: One thing I didn't understand from cgminer is that line :
"You must also make sure you are using the latest libusb-1.0.dll supplied
with cgminer (not the libusbx version)"

So I see libusb-1.0.dll alright, but how do I use it ?
Cstasy (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:27:21 AM

Situation did not change, any idea ?
Is there any chance that it will work on Ubuntu ?
Cstasy (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:40:53 PM

One thing is sure, it doesn't work on Debian.
Trillium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:06:01 PM

Just to be clear, have you followed their guide?

https://www.cardreaderfactory.com/download/documentation/lancelot%20user%20manual.pdf

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
Zanatos666

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:08:42 PM

Exactly what I was about to say, in there it shows where you have to declare a com port for CGMiner to use.  Go back to using 3.1.1 and declare a com port as well as flip the drivers back to FTDI.

If not, try using BFGminer which does a bit better with USB devices.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
Cstasy (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:41:50 PM

Yep, that's what I initially did. I didn't declare a com port since it registered itself on COM3. But how do I flip the drivers back to FTDI ? I don't understand that, so I probably didn't do it. How do I do it ?
When I first plugged it in, Windows automatically found the driver. Even when I tried to install it, nothings happened so I believed it installed it right.
mazedk

Activity: 457

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:52:46 PM

Check your installed devices in the device manager. You should be able to find it in there..

I just installed the drivers from the page, loaded cgminer/bitminter and fired it up.. Did u try bitminter client?
Zanatos666

Activity: 280

Sometimes man, just sometimes.....

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:06:12 PM

Yep, that's what I initially did. I didn't declare a com port since it registered itself on COM3. But how do I flip the drivers back to FTDI ? I don't understand that, so I probably didn't do it. How do I do it ?
When I first plugged it in, Windows automatically found the driver. Even when I tried to install it, nothings happened so I believed it installed it right.

Windows would have automatically used FTDI because thats what is already pre-installed in windows.  So if you didnt use zadig to change over from FTDI to a winusb driver, then you should be okay. 

Right on the cardreaderfactory.com website you linked to, there are instructions on how to set it up and how to declare a com port.  Almost exactly what you listed before, except there is a step 4 that you didnt list.  Do that step, change the com from com6 to com3 and see if that yields different results.

Squiggly letters, written really fast, with a couple of dots for good measure.
Cstasy (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:29:31 AM

Right on the cardreaderfactory.com website you linked to, there are instructions on how to set it up and how to declare a com port.  Almost exactly what you listed before, except there is a step 4 that you didnt list.  Do that step, change the com from com6 to com3 and see if that yields different results.

In fact, since versions >3.1.1 of cgminer don't need this -S argument, even if I put it it won't work.
So I use another line, here it is :
cgminer --icarus-timing 2.5 -G -o  stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333  -u *** -p ***

And this triggers the error I showed in first post.

FYI, here's the output when I use the -S com3 argument in 3.3.1 :
cgminer: -S: unrecognized option

And in 3.1.1 :
Icarus Detect: test failed at com3: get 00000000, should 000187a2
** bunch of errors about Avalon being not found **

Looks like it doesn't find it, so I check again in device manager :
Device Manager/PCNAME/Ports (COM & LPT) in it, there are "USB Serial Port (COM3)" that looks like I want. I also have "Communications Port (COM1)" and "ECP Printer Port (LPT1)".

As manufacturer, there's written FTDI so I guess it's the right one. I'll try reinstalling the driver from the official site and not from Zadig.

Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT:
I did try BitMinter, here it is :
Probe of port COM3 failed: timeout
Probe of port COM1 failed: timeout
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: