Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post count reduced  (Read 1825 times)
mjc (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

Hmm, I used to have like 350+ posts and now I"m around 220 or so.

did the forum archive some older posts and remove posting count?

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:08:23 PM

No, you have 473 Posts. Look loser what is written where you think posts stands.  Wink

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:08:33 PM

Hmm, I used to have like 350+ posts and now I"m around 220 or so.

did the forum archive some older posts and remove posting count?

nope it just changed things.. its now called Activity

check you profile

Activity:   224

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:19:41 PM

It was an attempt to make it more difficult for spambots to get high forum ratings, but it also confuses many real forum members, and irritates others.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:20:23 PM

It was an attempt to make it more difficult for spambots to get high forum ratings, but it also confuses many real forum members, and irritates others.

It's a better system than just post count alone though.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:21:23 PM

It comes from posting to threads that get deleted by mods due to trolling.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:24:34 PM

So, this thread would now be deleted because of your trolling?
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:09:28 PM

Is it though?

After some thought I've come to the conclusion than the current system serves only one purpose and that is to differentiate old pre-2013bubble from new ones.
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:22:21 PM

Is it though?

After some thought I've come to the conclusion than the current system serves only one purpose and that is to differentiate old pre-2013bubble from new ones.

You don't think?

Some people here could post a hundred posts a day. In a month, their account would look as trustworthy as someone who makes 10 posts a day but has been here 10 times longer.

Do you trust someone who's been here a month or do you trust someone who's been here 2 years?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
ixne

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:26:02 AM

I've been here 2 years, and my post count = activity.  Glad we got that straightened out.

EDIT: Well, it did equal my post count until I posted this message. Irony.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:27:17 AM

I think it is a good system to add in the activity instead of just post counts.
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 12:42:11 AM

I think it is a good system to add in the activity instead of just post counts.

You can also turn post counts back on in your settings.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331

Earthling

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:09:36 AM

So the new system shows activity on the forum instead of number of posts you have made?

Is it lurking time it uses?

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
Voodah

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:24:35 AM

Is it though?

You don't think?

Some people here could post a hundred posts a day. In a month, their account would look as trustworthy as someone who makes 10 posts a day but has been here 10 times longer.

Do you trust someone who's been here a month or do you trust someone who's been here 2 years?

Ok, so you're talking about trust issues. The solution would then be to improve the trust system. Not this.

This is a shameless form of pseudo-oligopoly, cartelization and racism, where old timers want to maintain status quo and somehow differentiate themselves from newcomers (in a sleazy way, only evident to old timers; newbs don't understand the activity system and what it really means). It is carefully well thought: they called it Activity instead of something like Longevity or w/e.

Previously, if you were an old timer, you might recognize a small percentage of all user nicks from past history. Now you have the Activity stats to know who's old money and who ins't, and therefore who you should be paying attention to, doing business with, etc.

The whole thing reminds of the patch the nazis forced the jews to wear.
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:33:23 AM

Removal of posts could have occured, although if this happens you should have recieved PM's to your inbox letting you know your posts were deleted. Are they not showing up in "recent posts"?

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

yes, cool DOOM avatar

legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 04:48:18 AM

yes, cool DOOM avatar

Cool saddam avatar Smiley

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:32:32 AM

This is a shameless form of pseudo-oligopoly, cartelization and racism, where old timers want to maintain status quo and somehow differentiate themselves from newcomers (in a sleazy way, only evident to old timers; newbs don't understand the activity system and what it really means). It is carefully well thought: they called it Activity instead of something like Longevity or w/e.

Previously, if you were an old timer, you might recognize a small percentage of all user nicks from past history. Now you have the Activity stats to know who's old money and who ins't, and therefore who you should be paying attention to, doing business with, etc.

Voodah

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:54:25 AM

I understand something had to be done, believe me. You know it's true though.

Maybe there is another, better way is all I'm saying.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12972

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:11:11 PM

lol

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:14:48 PM

What does "activity" actually represent?  Time since first login on the forum?  A complex function of days + time logged in + posts?  The number of posts in the last X days?  Something else?
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:41:29 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 01:59:01 AM by TippingPoint

What does "activity" actually represent?  Time since first login on the forum?  A complex function of days + time logged in + posts?  The number of posts in the last X days?  Something else?

activity = minimum of: time * 14, or # posts

time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration

Voodah

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:53:57 AM

lol

Ok I went overboard on that one, I'm sorry. Don't hate me please, I would really like to know your thoughts on this and the process behind the change.

I stand by everything else tho. This is a form of segregation and that's bad for bitcoin or any other community. As a long time lurker with a 2 months account, I can tell you it certainly feels like shit getting snobbed on such a thing. I've been on more than a couple forums with an elitist edge and I know where that goes.

Bitcoin and by extension this forum need to receive people with open arms. This is not about who got here first, it's about where we are all trying to go. We need a really big strong tight economy, not seclusion of the few first.

Believe me, I do understand the abuse and the sock accounts and all associated problems with the old system. I just think there is an in-between time*14 and # of post, that better represents activity and not longevity alone. Something more welcoming to new people which, incidentally, we might need a lot of in the coming months.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: