Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price analys theory  (Read 269 times)
MikePCarr (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:59:37 PM

Most of the crypto users still think that bitcoin is a "stock" rather than real money. In turn, this creates a seller's market, where holding for investment purposes becomes a more compelling proposition. That means more people will buy and hold their Bitcoin
This point makes complete sense Bitcoin price?
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:33:27 PM

things are never a simple cause and effect relationship. there are many things at play when you talk about something like bitcoin price.
for example in this case, many buy bitcoin just because they treat it like a "stock" as you said, and want to get rich over night. to dump it as soon as it went up and get out.
some others invest in it because they wanted to diversify, to hedge against something decentralized that is not controlled by the banks and has lots of potential.
some others invest in it because they want reach some kind of financial sovereignty that they believe bitcoin can offer.
... and lots more.

in the end the total of these will determine the price and how it moves.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:34:11 PM

You are correct, most users probably see bitcoin as a form of investment and not as a real currency. You can't really blame them, and although bitcoin may have been created to act as a currency in the first place, it is now following a different path. It's becoming a commodity that acts as a store of value. It actually suits perfectly in that category, and that's one of the reasons why everyone is getting crazy about it in Wall Street. It's gold 2.0 as a lot of people call it, and I think they are right for now.

Bitcoin can still work as a currency in the future, because it has potencial for that, if the network problems are fixed.
For me the big question is: if the network problems are not solved, will bitcoin have real use value, if it works just as a store of value asset?

I think that right now people are buying bitcoin for two reasons.
One, they just think it's price will go up (and this is of course a bad option in my opinion, because if the price stops rising and there is no real use for it, then there is no reason to hold, so people will sell and the price will drop).
Two, they think bitcoin will get mass adoption eventually and will act as a currency as well, that is way better than fiat because it solves many of it's current issues right now (I think i fit in this category).

So for me, the explanation of the bitcoin price, is in it's potencial to act as a currency in the future. It will not replace cash, but it needs to be able to be traded by goods or fiat, so it can really work as a safe store of value. People that buy bitcoin just because they think the price will go up, are missing the point.
JohnHero

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:22:45 PM

You are correct, most users probably see bitcoin as a form of investment and not as a real currency. You can't really blame them, and although bitcoin may have been created to act as a currency in the first place, it is now following a different path. It's becoming a commodity that acts as a store of value. It actually suits perfectly in that category, and that's one of the reasons why everyone is getting crazy about it in Wall Street. It's gold 2.0 as a lot of people call it, and I think they are right for now.

Bitcoin can still work as a currency in the future, because it has potencial for that, if the network problems are fixed.
For me the big question is: if the network problems are not solved, will bitcoin have real use value, if it works just as a store of value asset?

One, they just think it's price will go up (and this is of course a bad option in my opinion, because if the price stops rising and there is no real use for it, then there is no reason to hold, so people will sell and the price will drop).
Two, they think bitcoin will get mass adoption eventually and will act as a currency as well, that is way better than fiat because it solves many of it's current issues right now (I think i fit in this category).

So for me, the explanation of the bitcoin price, is in it's potencial to act as a currency in the future. It will not replace cash, but it needs to be able to be traded by goods or fiat, so it can really work as a safe store of value. People that buy bitcoin just because they think the price will go up, are missing the point.

It's hard to see Bitcoin as money, money that you can use day by day as long as the value is so volatile, big companies can't embrace it as it would bring them doom in case of a price drop.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:34:40 PM

Its not a stick. though its like a stock but ofcourse its not a stock.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:43:22 PM

It's hard to see Bitcoin as money, money that you can use day by day as long as the value is so volatile, big companies can't embrace it as it would bring them doom in case of a price drop.
That prohibits companies immediately after they received income in bitcoins to change them for Fiat and not risk? I don't understand why they don't. It seems to me that they used to work under the old floppy Fiat system. But it is also a risk. Fiat inflation and businesses are also at risk to damages. It seems to me that this is not an argument. Many online stores working in different currencies and can easily cope with exchange rate fluctuations.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:46:47 PM

Yes I understand that, and I agree with you right now. The thing is, that with larger adoption, and with a bigger market cap, bitcoin would get more stable. This is actually one of the problems that will always exist with the other coins like dash, bcash, etc, that are trying to become currencies before they become a real store of value, with a huge marketcap. US dollar alone has a marketcap worth of 1.5T if I'm not mistaken, and bitcoin is only at 130B. It's not even close to dollar, so of course BTC can't act as a currency with such a low adoption and marketcap right now.

The thing is, that even with slow transactions speeds, and moderate fees, there are people already using it to buy stuff. At least expensive stuff like houses for example. So it's already working as something that has value and is traded by goods. I don't need to use BTC to buy a tooth brush. Like I said it wont replace cash, and it doesn't have to.

If I can hod BTC as a safe haven, because it's decentralized and immune to inflation, and in the future I can buy expensive goods with it (not everyday grocery, because I can just use cash for that), then BTC will continue to have a future, and more people will adopt it. And yes, I used the word "adopt", and not "buy", because I think they express different concepts and points of view here.
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 04:50:38 PM

This is the reason why bitcoin consider as the best investation that ever been made on this digital era.
No one able expect that can happen but the fact is bitcoin always grow exponentially from year to year so it's worth to invest without any advance research !
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:59:40 PM

Most of the crypto users still think that bitcoin is a "stock" rather than real money. In turn, this creates a seller's market, where holding for investment purposes becomes a more compelling proposition. That means more people will buy and hold their Bitcoin
This point makes complete sense Bitcoin price?

Bitcoin price analysis theory is unpredictable  because  the market value price is volatile,but for now the value  in market cap of 1btc is mostly approximately $ 8000 to 8500 and maybe tomorrow or next week it will go down.the important is as long we gain profit in our investment everytime we trade or we hold our bitcoins if the  price is dump.so we invest wisely to prevent failure even our analysis is sometimes is not exactly.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: