Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:24:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I signed up to tell smoothie he's got a business on his hands!  (Read 673 times)
ctrlbreak (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:32:01 PM

... I want me some o' dem 2013 Lealana Physical Silver Litecoins!

(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=243341.0)

BarkinTree

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:24:13 AM

i dont get it. it cant be pegged to silver, so how does this work?
Photon939

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:35:06 AM

It's just a pretty token, there's no significant practical use for it. (I suppose you could use it in physical trade but it's packaged more as a collectors item vs something you'd buy lunch with)
1base58

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:09:40 AM

It's just a pretty token, there's no significant practical use for it. (I suppose you could use it in physical trade but it's packaged more as a collectors item vs something you'd buy lunch with)

While you are paying more than the value of the silver and the LTC held on the coin at it's current exchange rate, it is more akin to an investment than a collector's item. People who purchased the original BTC denominated coins from www.casascius.com are often exchanging these physical coins OTC at meetups or using localbitcoins, so they have a purpose as a store of value and a means of exchange.
harlenadler

Activity: 430

Agent of Chaos

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:12:52 AM

While you are paying more than the value of the silver and the LTC held on the coin at it's current exchange rate, it is more akin to an investment than a collector's item. People who purchased the original BTC denominated coins from www.casascius.com are often exchanging these physical coins OTC at meetups or using localbitcoins, so they have a purpose as a store of value and a means of exchange.
interesting

so in this case, how much do these cost per?
Photon939

Activity: 452

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:05:25 AM

Yes, you can certainly do that but being a half ounce of silver plus litecoin value, it's not nearly granular enough for most trade purposes. As for it being an investment you might as well just go buy LTC or silver (whichever you think will perform better) and cut out the markup for having the custom coins made.

But hey it's shiny and if litecoin still exists in a few years they might have a value as a collectors item.
truelitecoin

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:44:51 AM

Many people are interested in getting some of the Physical Litecoins myself included. Smoothie announced they should be available within the next week or two.
naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 09:07:14 AM

Many people are interested in getting some of the Physical Litecoins myself included. Smoothie announced they should be available within the next week or two.

do you realize that they are crappy and overpriced?
EnRageRSrtrZHeaAt

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:33:11 AM

Being the first of a proposed series, the first may become very collectable. I've almost convinced myself to jump in! Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: