Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:04:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox EUR (SEPA) wires aren't processed either.  (Read 1972 times)
EuroBit (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:32:56 PM

Just to make people aware of this fact.
I am waiting since weeks for SEPA wires (total a few thousand EUR). Before that my wires always arrived after a couple of days, but since around the time they announced that they would halt USD wires, EUR wires don't seem to be processed either.

I think that MtGox is in serious financial troubles and may even be bankrupt.
Some more background on why I think that: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=244825.0

This thread is not really meant for discussion, just to get people informed and get a snapshot of affected people.
So if you are also waiting for SEPA wires (NOT USD WIRES!!!) please post in here: rough amount, roughly since when you are waiting and any other insight you might have (I can for sure say, that their support is just flat out lying. first they told me it was already send and my bank was at fault - even I always received everything before - later they admitted, that it hadn't even been sent on their side and that they were even unable to provide a rough estimate on when it *might* be sent).

Please keep the thread clean and only post if you are affected (or have really valuable insight on this topic) so that we're getting a good overview about the situation concerning EUR (again, not about their USD scam excuse "yea, right - we broke an international bank with the pennies we are wiring around, because international companies that also work with this bank don't send money"... BS!).
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:37:13 PM

I will not disclose how much, but yes we are waiting as well.
EuroBit (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 11:55:04 PM

Thats fine, but please add since when you are approx. waiting.
I don't want specific amounts, but since they are blaming it on withdrawal limits of their polish bank it could be interesting to look at "are smaller withdrawals processed quicker" or if not: it would just be another excuse.
Kris
Donator

Activity: 640

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:19:57 AM

Well current withdrawal 2 weeks as of now. This is kinda OK.

But what annoys me was the last one in April, that one took 9 weeks, so of cause I'm a little worried about the current.
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:51:45 AM

One thing that disturbed me is they said Citibank refused the wire.  But Citibank support told me there isn't any incoming wire.

Isn't it odd they still take incoming deposit while the outgoing one have problems? Anyone depositing in care to comment?

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:50:35 AM

I am waiting for a PLN transfer - a week now, I even contacted the helpdesk about that and the answer was that the bank has some problems.

I sold in PLN because I hoped that this way I can get around the USD block.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:06:23 AM

I really don't understand why anyone still has funds with Gox.  At best, they've proven time and time again to be incompetent.  At worst, it looks like they're doing everything under the sun to prevent the hemorrhaging.  I would convert everything to BTC and transfer it the hell out of there.  There's a chance everything goes back to normal in a few weeks, maybe even a good chance, but I don't understand why someone would risk it.  The spread between Gox and the other exchanges has narrowed significantly, I'd rather take a few percentage loss than lose everything.     

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:14:09 AM

One thing that disturbed me is they said Citibank refused the wire. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1h0fmb/citibank_will_no_longer_process_any_transfers_to/
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:21:49 PM

I am waiting for a PLN transfer - a week now, I even contacted the helpdesk about that and the answer was that the bank has some problems.

I sold in PLN because I hoped that this way I can get around the USD block.
I guess it didn't work then.

biggie

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:09:43 AM

FWIW i think they are dealing with some government(s) related issues. Probably far fetched and this is just a hunch but i noticed before several major organisations ceased to exist they had all one thing in common; delays, downtime, maintenance, unforseen issues, technical problems ... until the hammer dropped. It's possible they are spilling the beans and trying to stay alive with whatever forces they are dealing with.

Solutions ?

- P2P exchange
- spread marketmaking power through more trading/exchanging businesses in the world

EuroBit (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:40:00 AM

Fairness, where fairness is due. My cash arrived today.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:12:09 AM

Fairness, where fairness is due. My cash arrived today.

Nice to hear Smiley
Mythoranium

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:41:24 AM

I made a SEPA withdrawal of ~900EUR on June 8th, noted the warning that SEPA withdrawals might be delayed UP TO 3 weeks. The order became "confirmed" quickly, but it still isn't "processed".
Sent the support a question yesterday, got a standard response of "We're sorry, working on it, no ETA yet".

IG0BR0KE

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:09:32 PM

Same here, i have done several SEPA withdraw of 1k from june 20th, orders became confirmed very quickly and then nothing.

im done with them, im gonna move all my coins on bitstamp and withdraw for there.
naphto

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:12:56 PM

Patience is a virtue
IG0BR0KE

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 12:42:46 PM

Patience is a virtue
sure buddha keep waiting if you want, but i have no time to lose with those unprofessional people. and i think im already damn patient to wait 2 weeks for a simple withdraw.
TheBanker

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:21:26 PM

Patience is a virtue
What exactly are you waiting for? A personalized letter that says, "Hey naphto! We took your money, sucka!". Being patient in this scenario is the LAST thing you want to do.
naphto

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 02:24:26 PM

Patience is a virtue
What exactly are you waiting for?

Withdrawal being processed.
TheBanker

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 03:20:20 PM

Patience is a virtue
What exactly are you waiting for?

Withdrawal being processed.

Yes, I get that, sucka. When all your money is gone I dont want to see you coming out here crying to everyone about how much you lost. Your own patience (and naivete) is what's killing you here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: