Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:23:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resolved.  (Read 1435 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 12:58:53 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 03:26:02 AM by TradeFortress

Resolved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:05:45 AM

The address to refund the 25 BTC to is:

1GLadosEkeAsLReqS3yQ51E1R3wVtbJCDF
biggie

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:39:28 AM

In fact TradeFortress is breaching our contract!

I got spam PM from him:
I'll pay you 25 BTC if you use Inputs.io for Peerbet!

My reply:
I agree for the price.
What obligations do you require from me?

Thanks.

TradeFortress reply:
Sign up for inputs.io with something like btc@peerbet.org - get an API key and set a callback to peerbet.org/callback.pup

In that file, check to make sure the request came from our IP address. Look up the from email in your database. If it exists, credit that account with the btc deposited. If not, send it back with the note saying "No user found"

For withdrawals, just call the send API to do that. It's a good idea to add a link for deposits that points at the request payment URL.

Let me know when you've implemented the API, since inputs.io isn't released yet leave your current system. But I will pay you 25 btc when Inputs launches and you make it inputs exclusive

My reply:
I want to store Peerbet's funds on offline PC with Bitcoin-qt for better security and review withdrawals manually as I do it now.

About deposit API I agree and can change Peerbet's scripts to work with your service right now, but at first I would like to receive promised Bitcoins to 1G5FG5yyFjaEunXgYXVy5BP81UW1R6VGde.

Thanks.

He sent 25 BTC and THEN responded:
OK, you can simply send the coins to the offline address after recving them. But you will need to use Inputs.io meaning people need to deposit funds from the off chain network and get withdrawals through the off chain network.

I have sent 25 BTC.

This means that before receiving payment I don't took an obligation to remove off-blockhain deposits.
Nevertheless, I agree to comply with terms of our contract to integrate Inputs.io ALONG WITH normal blockchain deposits.

So what's the problem ? If you don't agree or it was a misunderstanding then just send his BTC back and all is good ?

biggie

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:53:57 AM

That wasn't what we agreed to. It was Inputs.io exclusive for deposits. Without a clarifying statement on deposits, it means all deposits.
I explicitly asked you about conditions:

I agree for the price.
What obligations do you require from me?

and you had to answer BEFORE signing a contract by sending payment. By default Bitcoin deposits mean using Bitcoin blockhain, not third-party IOU.

So if you guys don't agree, send him his BTC back and the case will be resolved ?
biggie

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:04:17 AM

giantdragon is only offering to refund 20 BTC out of the 25 BTC, despite doing nothing whatsoever. I do not accept partial payments, and I only accept a full repayment. giantdragon is claiming that it is for "moral damage for me". However, he has refused to refund the full BTC when I have tried to work it out with him through PMs.
I just offered an option to solve our dispute and close the contract.
Otherwise I still agree to follow contract and integrate Inputs.io into Peerbet (but leave direct blockchain deposits).

Ok but your client, TradeFortess, requires something which you can't / don't want to provide him. So if you can't do that then send him 25 BTC back. I mean how hard can it be to simply refund him and you all go home ?

Or send him at least 24 BTC back assuming 1 BTC was for your time you spend on this whole issue and looking at the details. (just my opinion)
biggie

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:12:04 AM

You left me negative feedback and wasted my time too, so I will be billing you 5 BTC too.

25 - 5 + 5 = 25.

Thanks!
You first send me SPAM message and started this dispute. I would never enter into this contract if know what condition do you really mean.

So both delete the negative feedback ? Then there is no need to charge him 5 BTC for negative feedback and give him his coins back.
biggie

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:25:15 AM

So both delete the negative feedback ? Then there is no need to charge him 5 BTC for negative feedback and give him his coins back.
I agree to remove my negative feedback if he removes mine, but I think I still deserve moral damage compensation for time lost.
Anyways, I still agree to follow contract and add Inputs.io ALONG WITH direct deposits.

He lost also his time on this whole issue. Unless you do the exclusive thing he wants ofcourse. Anyway, in my opinion if you can't do what your client asked then just refund him, it's the honorable thing to do and remove each others feedback.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:10:03 AM

I have deleted my replies in the Peerbet thread. I will only remove posts in this topic after I receive payment. Please don't keep asking.
I think refund will take about 30 mins.
biggie

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:11:10 AM

Glad to see both are in agreement that this whole thing is a misunderstanding. We got enough scammers as it is as i've experienced first hand.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:26:34 AM

25 BTC refunded to 1GLadosEkeAsLReqS3yQ51E1R3wVtbJCDF.
Remove this thread.

TradeFortress, I think you should leave positive feedback on my profile for decision to voluntarily make a refund.
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:38:14 AM

I never scammed you! Take in account that I have spent a lot of time on this discussion and you wrote negative messages damaging my reputation.

You did by breaching the contract.

In addition, I have spent a lot of time on this subject too, and you wrote negative messages damaging my reputation.

I suggest logging out, making a new throwaway, and seeing what 99% of people sees as trust ratings.

Being in DefaultTrust has clout!
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:43:02 AM

25 BTC refunded to 1GLadosEkeAsLReqS3yQ51E1R3wVtbJCDF.
Remove this thread.

TradeFortress, I think you should leave positive feedback on my profile for decision to voluntarily make a refund.
It's up to you to delete your posts now.
BRules

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:26:44 PM

TradeFortress, if this is resolved, you forgot to remove this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129620.msg1391467#msg1391467

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: