Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 02:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:43:21 AM

I emailed about CGB to added to Crypto-Trade, they have just finished a complete upgrade/makeover after 1 year of operation and the new CryptoTrade v2 is looking fantastic.  

Got a reply and they said CGB will be added to their new voting page. Only 2 coins so far to vote on and I think they are just there so it wasnt empty Cheesy.  

One HUGE benefit with CT is that verification is neither asked for or required for users to trade FIAT, so if enough support could be found a potential CGB/USD could be added in addition to a CGB/BTC (they already offer BC/USD, LTC/USD, CINNI/USD to name a few).

They also have a commission free voucher system that allows creation of a voucher code instead of withdrawing to address.  eg: i can "withdraw" to generated code 2 CGB, give that code to someone, later on they can redeem the full value of the code I made for them to their CT account instantly.  

Some other features of CryptoTrade are its messaging system, Securities/Investment platform, and an API.  Smiley

Winning altcoin gets added next week I believe, so CGB has a great chance right now to be added on established exchange with some great features and benefits not found elsewhere.

Looks like voting has opened for CGB! Next coin to be added will be Aug 3rd. Let's get voting!!! You need 3 trades to vote and then can vote once every hour https://crypto-trade.com/voting

CGB leading the voting! This would be an excellent alternative to Cryptsy IMO. Voting hourly!

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:16:37 AM

I second Btcat"s logic. It is what is behind the idea of 'consultancy' that I am arguing for. Majormax -- a much more senior CGB-er than me -- finally said it out aloud a few posts ago : 'survival or extinction'

That is, CGB may BE 'an investors'coin,' but that doesn't mean we can sit about, waiting for those investkrs to find us. We need to elbow our way to the front of the stage. Forthwith.

Mark, Australia
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:28:14 PM

New exchange Cryptilla trading CGB along with 7 other coins. The site looks nice. Anyone familiar?

https://cryptilla.com

Edit: found this article on the team behind it http://utdailybeacon.com/news/2014/apr/25/students-cash-digital-currency/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheDailyBeacon+(The+Daily+Beacon)
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:38:11 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 09:48:54 PM by BTCat

Nice listing. Checked the site, seems they offer the same buy/sell orders on all different coins. So if you set 10 CGB for sale for BTC you can still buy that order with DOGE or any other listed coin.
Seen any other exchange where they do this instead of seperate markets? Perhaps a smart way to get some extra income.

I really like that it's run by students and they come out this way. In Netherlands probably the largest BTC sales company is run by 3 students as well (Bitonic.nl), they have a very reliable business.
coininvestor

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:12:08 PM

At these prices I'm becoming a CGB baby whale.  Hurray. I noticed that it takes 200 confirmations when depositing coins to Cryptsy.  For me this makes me think twice before selling my coins, which is a good thing.  LOL 

I'm not sure I would change any fundamentals about this coin except I would try to be more clear to people about the staking.  There was some confusion on my part on how often you had to stake to get the full 1.5% of the total 2% inflation from POS.  Is it every 30 day or every 90 days? 

So just to be clear for those who may be new to this coin or Cryptocurrencies in general.  This coin is a Proof of Stake/Proof of Work hybrid with 2% capped inflation rate and less than 1 million coins currently.   1.5% inflation you can claim by staking (proof of stake) and .5% inflation goes to miners (proof of work).  That means you can claim for free 75% of the total inflation of the coin by simply opening and unlocking your wallet every 90 days metronomically.   What other financial security lets you do that?  In addition you have the option to mine your share of the other .5% inflation.   This system is preferable to pure proof of work coins such as Bitcoin and Worldcoin which have no proof of stake feature but have a cap on the total number of coins, but in the short term have massive inflation decreasing slowly over time.  If I invest in Worldcoin there are 100,000 new coins hitting the market every couple of days and I have no right to claim any of that devaluation.  That's the same as hyperinflation even if only temporary.  That's why coins such as Worldcoin are great for spending but not great as an investment and CGB is great as an investment.  CGB is also preferable to pure proof of stake coins as it still reaps the benefits of mining to secure the network yet the rewards are low enough from mining so as to not worry about miners manipulating the price by dumping on the market. 

CGB is pure genius. It is by far my favorite crypto security so far.   I wouldn't change anything really about the coin.  This coin does not need gimmicks or a flashy wallet etc. Now it's just a matter of telling people about it.  All it takes is one new mutual fund adding CGB to their portfolio to raise the market cap significantly.   I really don't understand people selling right now unless it is to me.  Thank you very much.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:28:31 PM

Nice listing. Checked the site, seems they offer the same buy/sell orders on all different coins. So if you set 10 CGB for sale for BTC you can still buy that order with DOGE or any other listed coin.
Seen any other exchange where they do this instead of seperate markets? Perhaps a smart way to get some extra income.

I really like that it's run by students and they come out this way. In Netherlands probably the largest BTC sales company is run by 3 students as well (Bitonic.nl), they have a very reliable business.

ANX does it with their BTC/FIAT markets, they convert the orderbook to the users local/specified currency derived from their USD exchange rate (AUD, USD, EURO, HKD etc) instead of them being separate markets. Because of AML/KYC it still requires completing their verification process, so good for some, not so much for me. But it is a elegant way to avoid having separate orderbooks or having empty markets while still supporting all the different FIAT currencies in the world.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 03:01:30 AM

At these prices I'm becoming a CGB baby whale.  Hurray. I noticed that it takes 200 confirmations when depositing coins to Cryptsy.  For me this makes me think twice before selling my coins, which is a good thing.  LOL 

I'm not sure I would change any fundamentals about this coin except I would try to be more clear to people about the staking.  There was some confusion on my part on how often you had to stake to get the full 1.5% of the total 2% inflation from POS.  Is it every 30 day or every 90 days? 

So just to be clear for those who may be new to this coin or Cryptocurrencies in general.  This coin is a Proof of Stake/Proof of Work hybrid with 2% capped inflation rate and less than 1 million coins currently.   1.5% inflation you can claim by staking (proof of stake) and .5% inflation goes to miners (proof of work).  That means you can claim for free 75% of the total inflation of the coin by simply opening and unlocking your wallet every 90 days metronomically.   What other financial security lets you do that?  In addition you have the option to mine your share of the other .5% inflation.   This system is preferable to pure proof of work coins such as Bitcoin and Worldcoin which have no proof of stake feature but have a cap on the total number of coins, but in the short term have massive inflation decreasing slowly over time.  If I invest in Worldcoin there are 100,000 new coins hitting the market every couple of days and I have no right to claim any of that devaluation.  That's the same as hyperinflation even if only temporary.  That's why coins such as Worldcoin are great for spending but not great as an investment and CGB is great as an investment.  CGB is also preferable to pure proof of stake coins as it still reaps the benefits of mining to secure the network yet the rewards are low enough from mining so as to not worry about miners manipulating the price by dumping on the market. 

CGB is pure genius. It is by far my favorite crypto security so far.   I wouldn't change anything really about the coin.  This coin does not need gimmicks or a flashy wallet etc. Now it's just a matter of telling people about it.  All it takes is one new mutual fund adding CGB to their portfolio to raise the market cap significantly.   I really don't understand people selling right now unless it is to me.  Thank you very much.

coininvestor! That's some seriously quality observation! I agree about the staking explanation. It's a question that comes up all the time. I should log in and see if my order is filled. It's at such a great price and even still you can get a larger pile by picking strategic support positions and waiting. Then again you might miss the train!!!! Cheesy

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:06:06 PM

"Annual" interest has been clarified on the OP and on the website. Apologies for any confusion. Please let me know if I missed anything. Also, added a site-wide notification to announce the completion of the CGB inflationary stage and settling in to the locked in maximum of 2% yearly inflation! Great times ahead!

CGB 1-year inflationary stage competed on July 13, 2014! Less than 1 million CGB in circulation with a maximum inflation rate of 2% going forward!
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:34:26 AM

A range of exquisitely clear Fact Sheets would be a great asset.  More and more Ordinary People will cruise by as cryptos go mainstream, and it is up to us to get them to stop and chat at our stall.

And don't miss the coindesk article on Mexico.

Mark, Western Australia
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 08:20:32 AM

A range of exquisitely clear Fact Sheets would be a great asset.  More and more Ordinary People will cruise by as cryptos go mainstream, and it is up to us to get them to stop and chat at our stall.

And don't miss the coindesk article on Mexico.

Mark, Western Australia

+1.00000000

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:50:21 AM

Keep voting CGB on exchanges:

every hour:
https://crypto-trade.com/voting
https://www.swisscex.com/voting

every 10 minutes possible
https://askcoin.net/votes
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:01:41 AM

I second Btcat"s logic. It is what is behind the idea of 'consultancy' that I am arguing for. Majormax -- a much more senior CGB-er than me -- finally said it out aloud a few posts ago : 'survival or extinction'

That is, CGB may BE 'an investors'coin,' but that doesn't mean we can sit about, waiting for those investkrs to find us. We need to elbow our way to the front of the stage. Forthwith.

Mark, Australia

I like this logic.  Would like to help discover the 'investors'coin' stages/platforms/forums etc.  PM me or Mark.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2218

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:55:31 AM

BleuTrade needs to be added - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/2129 they are looking for coins both new and old to add to their exchange, they seem legit, you can even buy shares which pay out on the previous four hours trade.

FiniteRed

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:07:46 AM

Hi CGB team

I think we could really do with a live coin statistics section like Feathercoin have: http://www.feathercoin.com/netstats perhaps with a graph or two showing current price, current difficulty and projected coin supply from day one onwards...

Professional investors crave live numbers and data on things they are going to plough money into (Good example: http://www.ripplecharts.com/#/)

Keep up the fantastic work Cheesy

FR

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:57:54 AM

Hi CGB team

I think we could really do with a live coin statistics section like Feathercoin have: http://www.feathercoin.com/netstats perhaps with a graph or two showing current price, current difficulty and projected coin supply from day one onwards...

Professional investors crave live numbers and data on things they are going to plough money into (Good example: http://www.ripplecharts.com/#/)

Keep up the fantastic work Cheesy

FR

Excellent suggestion FiniteRed, great minds!

This is one of the many features being worked on behind the scenes at this time.
FiniteRed

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:24:55 AM

This is one of the many features being worked on behind the scenes at this time.

Excelent news, very EXCITED for CGB Smiley

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:59:58 PM

BleuTrade allows you to trade any coin for any other coin - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/2129 they are looking for coins both new and old to add to their exchange, they seem legit, you can even buy shares in BleuTrade which pay out on the previous four hour's trade as dividends.

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:10:41 PM

BleuTrade allows you to trade any coin for any other coin - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/2129 they are looking for coins both new and old to add to their exchange, they seem legit, you can even buy shares in BleuTrade which pay out on the previous four hour's trade as dividends.

Thanks Timelord2067! Perhaps I am overlooking something but I do not see CGB listed in the voting poll.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:45:04 PM

Thanks Timelord2067! Perhaps I am overlooking something but I do not see CGB listed in the voting poll.

Hi - I've taken the liberty of "suggest new currency" (green button on the top right hand side of the voting page).  I was talking with one of the Dev's and suggested a one vote method instead of a buy votes to get a coin onto their (or any for that matter) exchange.

Will keep you updated (feel free to also suggest CGB too).

BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:01:18 PM

We can't win the one-vote-only votings, not enough people, it will be overrun by large hyped coins. So only the hourly free votings.
Bluetrade can still be an option though since 0.05 btc can bring 500 votes and that's almost top of the list.  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: