Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:12:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well we are back to the double digits again  (Read 2093 times)
mgio (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:42:26 AM

There hasn't been any good news from the Bitcoin market in about a month now.

I've just been watching the value slowly decrease every day.

It's a lot more disheartening than the sudden drops we've seen in the past because with those we know that what drops fast can go up fast too.

But Bitcoin has not risen fast in quite a while.

It still feels like the bubble is deflating and it seemed to many that the wall at $100 would hold it. But that doesn't seem to be the case and unless something good in Bitcoin news happens soon I fear it will continue to deflate with no bottom in sight. Bitcoin needs to something exciting to generate interest in it again but I don't know what that it is or when it is coming. Sad
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:44:47 AM

Maybe Bitcoin needs to rest and develop a little before we ramp up on unfilled promises again?  Undecided Kiss
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:54:00 AM

Such lament already and yet the bear market in Bitcoin has only barely begun!
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:59:30 AM

It's not a disaster; it is an opportunity.

Less than $100 per BTC = fire sale. Get onto it. Smiley

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
mgio (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:59:34 AM

It's been a bear market for a month now. Bitcoin likely can't survive another extended bear market. Those of you who want cheap coins be careful what you wish for.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:05:29 AM

It's been a bear market for a month now. Bitcoin likely can't survive another extended bear market. Those of you who want cheap coins be careful what you wish for.

Your perspective seems pretty short and shallow.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
mgio (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:11:33 AM

The chances of bitcoin actually succeeding are very slim. Very few people actually use bitcoin and even fewer haven even heard of it. We need to build some momentum if it's ever going to succeed.

Bitcoins have actually become much harder to trade in the past couple of months (no more dwolla on mtgox, and no more usd mtgox bank transfers) and it is still way to hard for the average person to obtain bitcoins. And many of the Bitcoin promises (bitcoin ATM, bitinstant debit card, paypal and western union looking into bitcoin) have yet to become reality.

There doesn't seem to be much on the horizon for bitcoin right now other than increased government regulation.
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:15:23 AM

There doesn't seem to be much on the horizon for bitcoin right now other than increased government regulation.

...which it was designed to be resistant to from the get go. Governments seem more interested in the fiat side of centralized exchanges, because they can regulate that. But the exchange market will trend toward decentralization in the long term and that will bode well for bitcoin. Of course, that doesn't mean the BTC spot price will retest the ATH next month or anything like that: it will be a bumpy ride anyhow, and I acknowledge the distinct possibility of bitcoin value falling to zero.

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:16:07 AM

The chances of bitcoin actually succeeding are very slim. Very few people actually use bitcoin and even fewer haven even heard of it. We need to build some momentum if it's ever going to succeed.

Bitcoins have actually become much harder to trade in the past couple of months (no more dwolla on mtgox, and no more usd mtgox bank transfers) and it is still way to hard for the average person to obtain bitcoins. And many of the Bitcoin promises (bitcoin ATM, bitinstant debit card, paypal and western union looking into bitcoin) have yet to become reality.

i don't think you've invested a lot of time in understanding what's going on with btc .. there's a lot besides regulation. many new companies are coming out this year. lots of money that's been invested into innovation. the common person does not know TCP/IP yet uses it everyday.

ok
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:26:07 AM

i don't think you've invested a lot of time in understanding what's going on with btc .. there's a lot besides regulation. many new companies are coming out this year. lots of money that's been invested into innovation. the common person does not know TCP/IP yet uses it everyday.

Yes, but bitcoin has no use for most people. Even myself. I cant see why I would ever want one, outside of trading. At least for now.

"A store of wealth" seems like grasping at straws.
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 02:28:38 AM

Sure, I won't deny I hold a small amount of bitcoin speculatively. But I have been known actually to buy real stuff with it, even when the exchange rate was $10.

mgio (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:32:26 AM

I read these forums everyday. I read Bitcoin news everyday. I mine and I trade bitcoins almost everyday. I follow bitcoin about as closely as you can.

The problem with it is indeed everything right now is just news. Coinlab promised us a new, awesome, easy-to-use exchange. Where did that go? Where is my bitcoin ATM? Where is my bitcoin debit card? There are two restaurants in my area that accept bitcoins but those have been doing that for months with no signs of anymore jumping on the bitcoin bandwagon. All these startups getting funding is great, but until their ideas come to fruition bitcoin is going to mean nothing to the average joe.

When my girlfriend needs cash to take the bus to come see me, I still have to western union her money and pay 10%. She has a bitcoin wallet and I can send her bitcoins but are useless to her.

The current $100 bitcoin price is already based purely on speculation on what is to come. Some of these promises need to become reality and we need some more good news coming up to keep interest up. The first thing that needs to happen is a decent exchange for those of us who wish to trade bitcoins for US dollars. CampBX is the closest we have but they are horribly slow and buggy even when there is no volume and they could never deal with any reasonable amount of volume.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:51:43 AM

mgio, gox is releasing a new trading engine shortly - finally (we'll see what happens)

ok
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:57:46 AM

Yes, but bitcoin has no use for most people. Even myself. I cant see why I would ever want one, outside of trading. At least for now.

"A store of wealth" seems like grasping at straws.

There is not much use for it yet.  Although we are going to be saving a good amount of money in a month or so when we travel out of the country.  We will just meet up with someone using localbitcoins.com and exchange our btc for fiat and save some money on the exchange fees.  It is just one way some of us can already find some usefulness for bitcoin.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 03:02:52 AM

There hasn't been any good news from the Bitcoin market in about a month now.

I've just been watching the value slowly decrease every day.

It's a lot more disheartening than the sudden drops we've seen in the past because with those we know that what drops fast can go up fast too.

But Bitcoin has not risen fast in quite a while.

It still feels like the bubble is deflating and it seemed to many that the wall at $100 would hold it. But that doesn't seem to be the case and unless something good in Bitcoin news happens soon I fear it will continue to deflate with no bottom in sight. Bitcoin needs to something exciting to generate interest in it again but I don't know what that it is or when it is coming. Sad

A currency needs to be stable for people to use, instead of speculation. 2016 btc will be halved again.

massivebitman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 09:41:54 AM

I have some very very awesome news... Well at least I think so. But I'm keeping it under my hat until somebody exposes it or I think BTC has hit bottom and I want the price to surge.

I'm actually amazed that nobody's mentioned it, some people would know... Anyway let it ride and let them dump so I can make some $

nicolazza

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:08:15 AM

2$ --> 30$ --> 10$ --> 260$ --> 100$ --> $$$$ --> $$$ --> $$$$$ --> $$$$
This is Bitcoin!
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:19:21 AM

This is Bitcoin!

By then we'll price in MBTC or BTM and it'll still be single or double digits. Wink

nicolazza

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:39:58 AM

This is Bitcoin!

By then we'll price in MBTC or BTM and it'll still be single or double digits. Wink
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:42:10 AM

This is Bitcoin!

FIXED:

2$ --> 30$ --> 10$ --> 260$ --> 100$ --> 90$ --> $$ --> $ --> $$
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print