Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:28:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase account hacked 7 days ago  (Read 211 times)
nicolaslondon90 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:57:07 PM

Hi guys,

Last Friday I could not log into my coinbase account. I saw that an ETH transaction was initiated from my account, and it was done by a Russian hacker. Those guys are good... Fortunately they have not sent much.

Today I received an email from coinbase saying that a Russian phone was trying to get into my account. Then I clicked on declined, and I get this bright red website saying that it is a malware etc...

I am sort of freaking out, not sure whats going on and weather my remaining funds are still there. Perhaps my computer is infected as well. I've called Coinbase and they said that they would escalate this top top priority but still nothing. I've been a user since 2013... I feel completely abandoned by them.

Anybody had the same issue recently?

In any case, avoid Coinbase at all costs. Kraken came back to me within 4 hours on a Saturday, that's a big difference. And they don't get hacked...

Best

Nicolas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:31:23 PM

Hi guys,

Last Friday I could not log into my coinbase account. I saw that an ETH transaction was initiated from my account, and it was done by a Russian hacker. Those guys are good... Fortunately they have not sent much.

Today I received an email from coinbase saying that a Russian phone was trying to get into my account. Then I clicked on declined, and I get this bright red website saying that it is a malware etc...

I am sort of freaking out, not sure whats going on and weather my remaining funds are still there. Perhaps my computer is infected as well. I've called Coinbase and they said that they would escalate this top top priority but still nothing. I've been a user since 2013... I feel completely abandoned by them.

In any case, avoid Coinbase at all costs. Kraken came back to me within 4 hours on a Saturday, that's a big difference. And they don't get hacked...

Best

Nicolas

hi friend .. grieve over that you are at this time .. i've been using coinbase until now .. have never found a problem ..
Here it seems like you're annoyed not to get a good response from the coinbase side, I understand this. but would not you prefer to contact them again if they did not respond then you could say bad things about the services of coinbase ,,

about the hacker attacks on your account is completely blamed on users for the lack of security level on your computer .. malware or phishing links will not come in if we are always careful
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 326

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 02:46:33 PM

Hi guys,

Best

Nicolas
I suspect that your computer do have a virus since those warnings are popping out but its quiet unusual that even opening an email would give that alert.Coinbase support do really suck they would promise you on top priority but later on you would be forgotten.I have experience this and the thing you should do is to contact them again regarding on your issue and if they wont answer then send multiple times until they would able to answer you.For now if you do have still ETH on your coinbase account then better to move it out before its too late.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
usuksobad

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:09:42 PM

lol noob i can tell you only  this. Getting these sort of emails every day the one you got(about coinbase). Allways check who sent it to you and where the link leads to before clicking on it.

zero attention to details
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: