Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:23:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The KryptoKap Pre-orders CLOSED - Some have shipped!!  (Read 2095 times)
kryptopath (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Just letting you know right now, I'm kinda weird.

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:35:15 PM

Ok people a lot to go over. Great, good and bad news.

The great news is that shimmer is all over Smiley
The good news is that all the pre-orders will have good looking Kaps, and should be shipping out in the next few days.
The bad news is that a bunch of them we're either too poor quality (lasering a natural material makes it tough), or had been shattered in shipping. That shocked me for sure, considering they are marble.

The rows to the left of the shattered ones are rejects. On at least one side, the design has been messed up too much.

Because these are not completely uniform size, the slightest gap could cause an impact between the Kaps during shipping. I've talked to the manufacturer and have been assured of better packaging in the future, as well as credit for the ruined cubes.

So now on to how unique each one will be! So bits of sparkle peek through on most of them, but what makes for an amazing shimmer, is when a band of sparkle runs up against a side.

This one is one of the coolest I've found. It has multiple bands running through it, and a couple that shimmer on either side! I'll be making a video of that to show a bit better.
A very rare occurrence is you can see the band go all the way through the Kap!

In addition to the shimmer, the size of the cubes vary slightly. Putting the biggest next to the smallest there is almost 2mm difference. May not seem like a lot, but it is noticeable if you're looking carefully.

The irregularity in the curve of the edges is probably the most noticeable, if you're closely examining them side by side:

Because these must be sanded down to shape, and to a polish, the natural variables and perhaps inconsistencies in the process make for slightly differing sized cubes.
In short, each one is completely unique!

I'll be getting some more close-ups added to that image gallery, though I'm trying to get these out as quickly as possible! I can't wait to hear people's thoughts on them after they arrive Smiley

Take care everyone,
KP

A new kind of collectible... The KryptoKaps are coming... Pre-orders have shipped! Thanks everyone!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:52:55 PM

Appreciate the transparency and well thought out update!  Still looking forward to them and it sounds like you're on top of things dealing with the manufacturer.  Smiley

kryptopath (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:35:30 AM

Ok people a little update.

There seems to be some miscommunication with the manufacturer. The "error cubes" had been reused it seems. Some of these "new" ones are imperfectly redone. They had used the old ethereum logo, so they had to laser over the design to remove the lower part of the old logo. If you look very closely sometimes you can see the rework:

The lines on these are usually a bit more blurry as well. This isn't most of them, but I figured I'd ask the communities opinion on this one. Should I keep these in "circulation"? Not sure if anyone would've even noticed, but I've been looking so closely at so many of these... ugh. I might be too much of a perfectionist.

After printing the COAs I learned I had made everything too small. Redoing the whole thing to be bigger (without making everything blurry) was pretty much starting over. Knowing exactly what I was going for sped things up, but still pushes stuff back.

Getting these in the mail first thing Monday morning seems the most likely. I'll be working on these until late tonight for sure, but I don't think I can get these in the mail tomorrow.

This whole thing has been one learning experience after another. Everything takes more work, takes longer and is more complicated than expected, as a rule I've noticed. I am beyond grateful for everyone's patience.

All my time these past few days has been spent on these little beauties, and I don't expect this weekend to be different except Sunday morning Smiley They'll be released into the wild soon!

A new kind of collectible... The KryptoKaps are coming... Pre-orders have shipped! Thanks everyone!
kryptopath (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:55:16 PM

Sneaky peaky... The summary will be printed on better paper than just plain white printer paper.

But here ya go:

This is minus the thank you letter for all you pre-order people Smiley

dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 440

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:58:05 AM

Looks incredible, great job Smiley
kryptopath (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:56:22 PM

Hello all! Ok this is going to be a long one.

First off, a bunch of packages went out on Thursday, so some people might be getting them today! I’ve been so swamped I haven’t even been able to tell you guys yet! International orders have yet to go out, and a couple domestic people I’ve pm’d to get things rolling.

There’s a few clarifications to make. So at least some of the ‘error’ cubes that I had wanted to be included in the order, had been reused in these new ones. So yes, the error cubes were included, but they had just been reused :/

Communication issues can be a bit baffling sometimes.

So because there are no ‘error kaps’ ie from before this first batch, instead I’ve given each of you one from the “substandard but awesome unique/interesting defect/shimmer too good to pass up” category. Only 12 Kaps got put in there. Here’s a video of the coolest one I’ve found Smiley

https://youtu.be/61oxAvgA3S8

The individually wrapped Kap you’ll find in your package (the one not in a black drawstring bag) will be the one from that category.

A couple notes on the COAs.

Karma isn’t mine to dish out, so everyone’s COAs are printed as they should be. I just hope people research who they do business with before conducting it. I think that’s all I should say on that.

Also a concern I have is of the qr code fading over time. It’s printed on some nice parchment paper, but as some of you may notice, on a few of the COAs the qr code has a small portion a bit faded already. I had to reprint a few to make sure the qr codes scanned, so I made sure each one actually does scan.

I really have no clue how much these will fade, and if that will impact the qr code enough to ruin the scan. I considered laminating them, but realized the embossing stamp I have is not strong enough to really punch into that. It’s a little handheld embosser, not a desktop one which could provide substantially more force.

I’m not sure I’d like these laminated anyways. I have such an affinity for natural materials that covering plastic over the parchment seemed like the wrong direction to go.

Some very disappointing news on the rest of the Kaps in stock. After opening the last 3 ‘bricks’ of Kaps, almost 2 entire packs were rejects. Little chips and rough designs everywhere Sad
After all is said and done, there are no Kaps left in stock that meet my standards for shipping. About 40 or so are in the “substandard” category, not the outright rejects. These Kaps are close to good enough, sometimes really really close. I’m considering selling them in discounted pairs for people to use more to roll than put on a shelf. If you don’t need them to look perfect, would people be interested in still buying these? I’ll get some sample pics up of the substandard ones. Maybe a video.

There’s a bunch more of an update to write I think but I’ll get this one posted for now.

Take care everyone,
KP

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3008

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:47:45 AM

Great Job man-received in good order

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kryptopath (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:53:15 AM

Great Job man-received in good order

Thank you very much! I should hope they got there ok, I went a bit overboard on the packaging! Lucky I had a huge bag of used shipping supplies for free  Grin

dolphriends

Activity: 1750
Merit: 440

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:04:09 PM

Received mine and they are fantastic, super worth the wait Smiley  Waiting for a special display that will free float the dice in the air.  Again, super happy here, thanks Kryptopath
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:33:43 PM

Received mine and they are fantastic, super worth the wait Smiley  Waiting for a special display that will free float the dice in the air.  Again, super happy here, thanks Kryptopath

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kryptopath (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:12:08 PM

ChiBitCTy what kind of case is that? That looks awesome! I'm so excited to realize these are going up on shelves now Smiley

ChiBitCTy
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:44:38 PM

ChiBitCTy what kind of case is that? That looks awesome! I'm so excited to realize these are going up on shelves now Smiley

You can find them on ebay/amazon etc  . .  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Jewelry-Suspended-Coins-Floating-Display-Case-Stand-Holder-Box-GREAT/272778861478?hash=item3f82e31ba6:m:mdWnIaj8j0P55kWhhEmEkew