Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:25:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worth a shot. 0.50 BTC loan requested.  (Read 1033 times)
Rippyzippers (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:38:09 AM

Most info on the situation here:

https://btcjam.com/listings/5605

TLDR: A foolish me got scammed on a Paypal purchase.
Shouldn't have done it, very unwise, don't know what got into me. But cash deposits from Canada get more and more lame each day, I took the short cut trying to avoid my 1-3 business day processing time setting my deposit into next week sometime.

Any help is appreciated.
If possible or reasonable and it makes you more comfortable I can offer up whatever information or whatever other requests you may have.

I know there are still good people out there, But I was silly to think I had found one so easily.

Thanks for reading,

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Profit from a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Donate: BTC:1EtqYNJruZBEQWxDcEFytro7R1PGULPAm8
Anonymous Masks for BTC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:54:55 AM

Most info on the situation here:

https://btcjam.com/listings/5605

TLDR: A foolish me got scammed on a Paypal purchase.
Shouldn't have done it, very unwise, don't know what got into me. But cash deposits from Canada get more and more lame each day, I took the short cut trying to avoid my 1-3 business day processing time setting my deposit into next week sometime.

Any help is appreciated.
If possible or reasonable and it makes you more comfortable I can offer up whatever information or whatever other requests you may have.

I know there are still good people out there, But I was silly to think I had found one so easily.

Thanks for reading,

Are you able to add any more ID to your BTCJam profile? I'd fund 1% of this, just to get it started - you don't seem like a scammer.

NVM: Going to put a little in anyway.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate that.

Yesterday I sent in the required documents for my government ID and my address to be confirmed. It says on the page now "Being Verified", I'm hoping that they go through today and bump the rating up just a little more.

I really have no intention to scam anyone, Just need a chance to get started.

Thanks again!

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Profit from a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Anonymous Masks for BTC!
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:58:41 AM

As worthless as it may be, I have my old WoW account to use as collateral, If need be.

On the account is 75,000 gold and multiple level 85-90 characters, It's also linked to my Starcraft 2 account, Starcraft Anthology downloaded games and Diablo III account.

I know WoW accounts are random collateral, But it's something.

Anonymous Masks for BTC!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:03:42 AM

As worthless as it may be, I have my old WoW account to use as collateral, If need be.

On the account is 75,000 gold and multiple level 85-90 characters, It's also linked to my Starcraft 2 account, Starcraft Anthology downloaded games and Diablo III account.

Hmmm, a WoW account as collateral seems interesting. I'm about to put 1% of your requested loan in, once it actually confirms. Will probably put more in later. As someone who actually plays WoW, I could check that up to see if it's legit.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:04:55 AM

Hmmm, a WoW account as collateral seems interesting. I'm about to put 1% of your requested loan in, once it actually confirms. Will probably put more in later.

I'm only saying it be cause I've seen it used before! Tongue

Indeed random, But this is our time haha.

Thanks again man, I appreciate the vote of confidence. You won't regret it!

Anonymous Masks for BTC!
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:44:10 AM

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous Masks for BTC!
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:03:04 PM

Identity now verified on BTCJam.

Just waiting on the address to confirm then I'll have almost everything verified.

Anonymous Masks for BTC!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 06:14:40 PM

Alright, cool! Can't wait to see if this works out or not Smiley

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:46:15 AM

Address confirmed now on BTCJam, too!

Anonymous Masks for BTC!
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 03:32:20 PM

Still waiting for you to confirm your credit rating, and it is recommended no one invest until you do.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:34:40 PM

Still waiting for you to confirm your credit rating, and it is recommended no one invest until you do.

That still doesn't mean much since I recall at least two instances of credit-verified accounts bailing with nothing becoming of it  Undecided

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:24:16 PM

Won't be Verifying that.

I've Verified everything else and I have my story. If nobody wants to loan to me then it isn't the end of the world, I'll just sit here and watch people with newer accounts, less posts and less verification get loans that they default on nearly immediately Tongue, Life goes on.

Thanks for the advice, though.

Anonymous Masks for BTC!
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:17:35 PM

Bump.

Have 3-4 investors now but unable to do anything with the amount as it's not near funded.

Anonymous Masks for BTC!
Rippyzippers (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:16:46 AM

Bump.

Have 3-4 investors now but unable to do anything with the amount as it's not near funded.

Anonymous Masks for BTC!
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 01:10:12 AM

It's been two hours. Please refrain from bumping more than once per day.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:26:22 PM

I've Verified everything else and I have my story. If nobody wants to loan to me then it isn't the end of the world, I'll just sit here and watch people with newer accounts, less posts and less verification get loans that they default on nearly immediately Tongue, Life goes on.

That's what baffles me.  What are the scammers doing that are getting them funded so damn quick?  lol
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 04:35:21 PM

That's what baffles me.  What are the scammers doing that are getting them funded so damn quick?  lol

A lot of them have multiple BTCJam accounts.  They lend money from one account to another to give themselves history.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Damnsammit

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:38:38 PM

A lot of them have multiple BTCJam accounts.  They lend money from one account to another to give themselves history.

Ahhh okay, that makes sense then.  I'd get one of those fancy accounts, but the only collateral I have is not very popular to be accepted around here.  I'm just going to take out a loan with my bank for the next batch of ASICs on the 10th.  Seems way easier lol
joeyjmr8484

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

Ahhh okay, that makes sense then.  I'd get one of those fancy accounts, but the only collateral I have is not very popular to be accepted around here.  I'm just going to take out a loan with my bank for the next batch of ASICs on the 10th.  Seems way easier lol
Must be nice to be able to get a loan. Me and my mom have the worst credit possible. We are not even allowed to open up a checking or savings account anywhere in the United States.
Damnsammit

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 04:53:13 PM

A lot of them have multiple BTCJam accounts.  They lend money from one account to another to give themselves history.

Ahhh okay, that makes sense then.  I'd get one of those fancy accounts, but the only collateral I have is not very popular to be accepted around here.  I'm just going to take out a loan with my bank for the next batch of ASICs on the 10th.  Seems way easier lol
Must be nice to be able to get a loan. Me and my mom have the worst credit possible. We are not even allowed to open up a checking or savings account anywhere in the United States.

That's good.  Maybe you should get a job?  You know, one that you can put down on a loan application.

I can't imagine too many lenders see "Occupation:  Internet scammer" and open up the checkbook...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: