Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India and Russia ban Bitcoin  (Read 1643 times)
BCTS

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:59:32 PM

Why refer to the news of 10 October? Russia several times changed his mind, now they are not against. What about India, I don't know.. don't interesting..

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
barabut

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:00:09 PM

Nowadays we start monitoring so many negative news about bitcoin. Will those make the bitcoin stoppable I am not sure but at least help to push the price level down.
Valentina N

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

https://www.swanfinance.io/

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:08:09 PM

It's no surprise governments wanna ban BTC, but BTC is unstoppable so far as people like it. If Russia ban websites retailing BTC, people will use tor browsers or find other ways of retailing it.
Hello I am totally agree with you it's. Its unstoppable phenomenon and people are addicted from money so it human nature will hack every border to having pleasure no matter about what we are talking it no  matter about bitcoin or another pleasure)

Earn 20% interest in staked crypto with #SwanFinance 🦢
freecastle

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:10:22 PM

not surprising given that no government controls bitcoin.
TudorOzy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 07:13:22 PM

Regarding Russia, it seems that they are changing their mind often, we have seen the communications minister of Russia saying that crypto currencies will never be legalized, but sources saying that until July 2018 regulations regarding crypto will be in place.
And now they seem to have CryptoRuble in plans for official crypto currency.
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:17:59 PM

Well I am from India and let me make it very clear that bitcoin isn't illegal in India. Indian govt. is still trying to propose any concrete law over bitcoins but hasn't been able to come up with any such legal provision in this behalf. This article was just about a news where in the supreme court of India has asked the government to draft law regarding it as soon as possible nothing more than that.
GoldenOrder

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 08:37:07 PM

I just want to warn readers to be careful with this forum member "freightjoe" (the one who opened this topic). Freightjoe has only posted negative posts about bitcoins since he registered. All his posts are against bitcoin, and all he does is propagate FUD. So be careful about his topics and posts.
Nowherman

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:34:54 AM

Even if governments ban bitcoin, no one will be able to prohibit people from mining BTC on their computers,
or to use them in their life. This is simply unrealistic in information digital age. In any case, time will show that the best option is to legalize bitcoin.

Psyloc9302003

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:58:57 AM

government may say that they are banning btc but they cannot actually ban it..its up to a group or institution if they will accept btc or not..if they do..government cannot do anything..especially in the electronic world..
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:35:55 AM

After the Ban of China so many countries decided to ban the BTC.
China was going to ban the ICO and not bitcoins. Also for now, china is not banning ICO and even banning bitcoins is not that easy. Banning bitcoins will cause a lot of disturbance globally which will highly affect the price of bitcoins. Bitcoins are made much more profitable but such news about banning bitcoins, make bitcoins go cheaper. Mostly these news are not trustworthy and can be simply ignored unlesss we have some official news. Until that we can continue having good profits in bitcoins.
KevinHD

Activity: 232
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:41:47 AM

Seriously? Maybe they are just scared of what can Bitcoin affect their own currency and economy. Yet, i still believe that bitcoin would be impossible to stop because of how wide the internet is. i'm hoping it wouldn't be banned in my country.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:55:23 PM

This is still rumors, I have not seen any reliable sources about this news. It also does not have because both countries ban the currency but I will wait to see the news of the next days, hence we will see if this today will confirm or was just a lie.
Nold

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

quarkchain.io

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:19:02 PM

I'm from Russia. And I see no obstacles to earn bitcoin. And next year the bitcoin in Russia will be legalized.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:48:04 PM

After the Ban of China so many countries decided to ban the BTC.
China was going to ban the ICO and not bitcoins. Also for now, china is not banning ICO and even banning bitcoins is not that easy. Banning bitcoins will cause a lot of disturbance globally which will highly affect the price of bitcoins. Bitcoins are made much more profitable but such news about banning bitcoins, make bitcoins go cheaper. Mostly these news are not trustworthy and can be simply ignored unlesss we have some official news. Until that we can continue having good profits in bitcoins.
i think banning bitcoins in some countries didn't really affect to market volume and price of Bitcoins itself. Because, basically the volatile bitcoins price is dependent on supply - demand. More demand will affect in rising price, while less demand but supply (from the exchange of bitcoins to cash or altcoins) increasing, will happen price bitcoins fall. Nothing more.
InnMind.com

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 05:37:52 PM

These articles report about the two governments contemplating the idea of blocking existing websites that provide direct access to Bitcoin. The plan to really ban a financial instrument with such a huge market capitalization is not obvious.
By the way, is it realistic? Although there is nothing that can stop a government or central bank from banning Bitcoin (& a few have already done so), most would not go that far for two reasons:
- The Streisand effect
- A ban on Bitcoin is difficult to enforce.
You can read more here: http://btcexchangemarkets.com/can-any-government-ban-bitcoin
trjm79

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:53:55 PM

let forbid-people will find how to bypass prohibitions, and change coins to the unchallenged currency of the state
Aeneas

Activity: 89

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:03:35 PM

Following many smaller countries that have recently banned Bitcoin, we are now into the end game.

India is banning Bitcoin : https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/stocks/news/war-on-bitcoin-govt-panel-seeks-crackdown-on-crypto-currency-dealers-in-india/articleshow/61450361.cms

Russia is banning Bitcoin : https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/10/russian-central-bank-plans-to-ban-websites-that-offer-bitcoins.html

Russia changes her mind time to time and do it oppositely Smiley
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:12:44 PM

Russia changes her mind time to time and do it oppositely Smiley

That's because they don't really know what they want to do with cryptocurrencies. First we had news about Putin being interested in ETH, then we had news about their government controlled cryptocurrency and now there are voices saying they should ban it all. People have frequently quoted this well known phrase ending with "and then you win". It seems we're still in the "they fight you" phase.

a government panel is said to have advised closing cryptocurrency dealers in India
This doesn't mean anything. They can keep advising it as long as they please. You need legislation for it to be legit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:18:14 PM

Not only India and Russia wanna ban Bitcoin, there are a lot of countries wanna do the same but it's not easy to control Bitcoin to ban it Smiley). But I don't really care about it if they are some developing or small country. But it'll be different if it's Japan, in which Bitcoin was born, or US.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:22:55 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 01:29:35 PM by HasHe

That would not have any impact on bitcoin's price.I would say that the indian government is totally confused on deciding about bitcoin.More over,they are in an idea to release their own cryptocoin named Lakshmi.

Even if Russia and India ban bitcoin,people would use the same technique which chinese used.They would just shift trade to counter sales.They would just sell and buy bitcoins P2P.They might use just telegram chats for trade which are well encrypted.

So,whatever means they would use to ban bitcoin,it could not be stopped and at last,they would have to compromise by regulating bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: