Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:18:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradehill / Jared Kenna refusing to return account balance  (Read 1211 times)
isnowblind (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 03:33:33 AM

Hello,

I wanted to provide a warning to the BTC community, particularly those on the fence about trusting Tradehill, for a second time. After nearly two months of waiting for my account balance, Tradehill continues to refuse to return my funds held by the first Tradehill business.

Here is a brief summary of the what happened. When Tradehill went "bust" a few dozen BTC were in my account. A few months ago I come back to the forum and read that Tradehill has resumed operations. Jared posted on Twitter instructions to recover account balances. Using that information, I contacted Tradehill at the end of March and by the end of April Jared finally responded to me directly. He confirmed the account balance and requested a BTC address for returning my balance. I sent him the address and have never heard back. I have been sending him an email once a week for the last two months, patiently waiting for my account balance to be returned.

Although this is my first post I was previously a relatively active in the bitcoin community a couple years ago. I was one of the first users of the MtGox and Tradehill APIs and was even providing feedback to the API developers. Please heed my advice and use caution if considering business with Tradehill or Jared Kenna.

And Jared, if you do ever return my account balance, I will update this thread accordingly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
isnowblind (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 04:55:13 PM

Update.

Tradehill continues to refuse returning my account balance. I have been sending Jared and other company personal emails approximately once a month and no response. Even after confirming my identity and balance of the my account, Tradehill now refuses to return my funds.

Please be careful before doing business with Tradehill or Jared Kenna.

alaingb

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:44:40 AM

Hello Isnowblind

I am having the same issue as you have.

About 2 years ago, over three transactions, I bought a few hundred bitcoins... then TradeHill went out of business.

I tried to contact him/them at the time. No one ever answered my request to return my bitcoins. I have all the relevant records to prove my claim.

I kept an eye on the bitcoin story then by accident (a press release), I learned that TradeHill was back in business. So I thought "Great, I can ask for my bitcoins back". I emailed them at info@tradehill.com and I am still waiting for an answer.

Going through other forums, I found out his phone number. Texted him. No answer.

Found his Facebook page. Left two messages so far. No answer.

Found his Twitter account and tweeted him. Still no answer.

I am nearing my retirement and these bitcoins are worth a nice chunk of money now and would make a difference between living a comfortable retirement and a mediocre retirement.

What do I need to do to reach him and get my bitcoins back?

Is there a class action suit against him and his company? I could not find anything. I know he sued Dwolla for $2 million dollars and do not know what the result is.

Meanwhile I am seating on my hands.

Any suggestions or help would be welcome.

Sincerely, Alain
isnowblind (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:27:10 AM

Hi Alain:

Sorry to hear you are also having problems. Since posting the original post I've received messages from several other people in the same situation. I am starting up a 'group' to explore our options for getting in touch with Jered and/or Tradehill and seeking legal counsel.

I've sent you a PM so you can join our efforts.

Anyone else who has not been able to recover funds from Jered Kenna and/or Tradehill then please PM me.

If anyone knows of legal counsel familiar with bitcoin, asset recovery, liens, etc then PM me please.

Thanks

alaingb

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:08:42 PM

Hello Isnowblind (sorry, I do not know your first name)

I'd be glad to be part of your group. Thank you for including me.

I am new here. How do I find my PM?

I would prefer if you emailed me directly at: alaingb@gmail.com.

On my side, I am looking for counsel that is somewhat familiar with bitcoin.

Sincerely, Alain
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: