Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The 6 Most Important Cryptocurrencies Other Than Bitcoin  (Read 642 times)
Ealex (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:09:18 AM

Excerpt from: investopedia.com/tech/6-most-important-cryptocurrencies-other-bitcoin

"Bitcoin has not just been a trendsetter, ushering in a wave of cryptocurrencies built on decentralized peer-to-peer network, it’s become the de facto standard for cryptocurrencies​. The currencies inspired by Bitcoin are collectively called altcoins and have tried to present themselves as modified or improved versions of Bitcoin. While some of these currencies are easier to mine than Bitcoin is, there are tradeoffs, including greater risk brought on by lesser liquidity, acceptance and value retention. Since Bitcoin prices are soaring new highs, we look at six cryptocurrencies, picked from over 700 (in no specific order) that could be worth your while.

Read more: The 6 Most Important Cryptocurrencies Other Than Bitcoin? | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/tech/6-most-important-cryptocurrencies-other-bitcoin/#ixzz4zKZCFq9S  "
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:14:12 PM

I will agree with the author, and I have somewhere met the same information. To my mind, Ethereum has almost equal chances with Bitcoin. Litecoin is also a cool crypto, and it is underestimated. I love DASH as well.
MyOddz

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

Here for a good time, not a long time.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:18:47 PM

although this article is only from october, I can't take it seriously when they've got the Ethereum market cap completely wrong. it's now $46bn and last month was at a minimum of $29bn not the $4.46bn they stated

LOTS OF ETHEREUM ENS (.eth) NAMES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE, CONTACT FOR DETAILS.
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:23:20 PM

love it and absolutly agree, he can add waves and xlm at 7 and 8 post too
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:48:25 PM

Excerpt from: investopedia.com/tech/6-most-important-cryptocurrencies-other-bitcoin

"Bitcoin has not just been a trendsetter, ushering in a wave of cryptocurrencies built on decentralized peer-to-peer network, it’s become the de facto standard for cryptocurrencies​. The currencies inspired by Bitcoin are collectively called altcoins and have tried to present themselves as modified or improved versions of Bitcoin. While some of these currencies are easier to mine than Bitcoin is, there are tradeoffs, including greater risk brought on by lesser liquidity, acceptance and value retention. Since Bitcoin prices are soaring new highs, we look at six cryptocurrencies, picked from over 700 (in no specific order) that could be worth your while.

Read more: The 6 Most Important Cryptocurrencies Other Than Bitcoin? | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/tech/6-most-important-cryptocurrencies-other-bitcoin/#ixzz4zKZCFq9S  "

What's so special in article? He/she simply picked other 6 coins from Top 7 according to CoinMarketCap of that time. For me only Bitcoin is important cryptocurrency, all others are merely used for trading purpose by ivestors.
Some will argue Ethereum is also very promising cryptocurrency and has more utility than Bitcoin. Then can someone explain me why it was struggling between $200-370 from last 6 months and why it suddenly rose above $450, almost near $500? Is there any sudden rise in its adoption? Absolutely not, all cryptocoins are merely players of traders' hands. Coins become important according to situations, not by specifications.
Dile91

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:53:21 PM

Great post ,
Stratis and waves are also good !
Payne976

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

"ETHERJACK.io - Blockchain Jackpot game! ICO LIVE!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:03:44 PM

The author hasn't really done a good job, they've just listed the top market cap coins. They've missed out game-changing coins like IOTA and Chinese competitors like Neo and Walton.

HAARP

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:07:16 PM

1-) Monero XMR
2-) Ripple
3-) OmiseGo
4-) NEO blcockhain
5-) Ardor
6-) Waves

I did put them besides bitcoin and ethereum. We an also add some more to the list, but this is also fine. Holding those above will mean you will get nice money in the future.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 12:36:26 PM

"Bitcoin has not just been a trendsetter, ushering in a wave of cryptocurrencies built on decentralized peer-to-peer network, it’s become the de facto standard for cryptocurrencies. The currencies inspired by Bitcoin are collectively called altcoins and have tried to present themselves as modified or improved versions of Bitcoin. While some of these currencies are easier to mine than Bitcoin is, there are tradeoffs, including greater risk brought on by lesser liquidity, acceptance and value retention. Since Bitcoin prices are soaring new highs, we look at six cryptocurrencies, picked from over 700 (in no specific order) that could be worth your while.

What's so special in article? He/she simply picked other 6 coins from Top 7 according to CoinMarketCap of that time. For me only Bitcoin is important cryptocurrency, all others are merely used for trading purpose by ivestors.
Some will argue Ethereum is also very promising cryptocurrency and has more utility than Bitcoin. Then can someone explain me why it was struggling between $200-370 from last 6 months and why it suddenly rose above $450, almost near $500? Is there any sudden rise in its adoption? Absolutely not, all cryptocoins are merely players of traders' hands. Coins become important according to situations, not by specifications.

Agree with you most of the altcoin prices rises or fall due to traders movement. unlike BTC, Altcoin does not really have their own real identity. I am really disappointed to see ETH performance in last few days. ETH said to be the best ALTcoin does not able to hold its position against BCH pumping scenario.
iLatios

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:02:00 PM

Previously I have seen what the Dash and ETH prices were 1 year ago.
According to this information, both of them worth investing. Hope that they will grow so fast and even more.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:17:33 PM

Great post ,
Yes, they are great altcoins and don't forget to mention coins such as; Dash, Tether, Lisk, Byteball, Monero, Zcash, and Bitconnect.
I think the article was based on someone's ideology and opinion based on his own understanding and point of views.

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
gin113

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:49:19 PM

eth, dash, ltc, monero, ripple and maybe iota or neos or stratis
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

Currently we can say Bitcoin is most important altcoin and after this few have potential to give some good profit because now many big teams coming and investing in this for me Bitcoin Ether Dash Waves Zcash and Ripple all good and can give some good return of investment 
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:00:35 PM

meh. the article is not that great in my opinion. it is mostly listing the top altcoins based on their market cap but without order. meanwhile it ignores lots of other projects which may even be a lot better than the listed coins.

i mean for example i am a big fan of Litecoin and i have invested in it too since it is profitable, but i would never call it one of the 6 important altcoins! it is just a copy of bitcoin with not really any interesting innovation. and they keep copying bitcoin code!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Phalo

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:20:54 PM

Im sorry, I agree with the 5 but litecoin doesn't deserve to be on that list. I would remove ripple as well and add IOTA and NEO instead
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:25:09 PM

In no particular order:
1. NEO
2. Lisk
3. Ethereum
4. Monero
5. Komodo
6. Walton
skripsup

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:35:22 PM

The most interesting coins for me are:
BTC, ETH, XMR, XRP, EOS, XLM, LTC and DASH.
I see the "good" future for them and I am going to invest in them and hold.
Of course these one are not the only ones, but the most perspective.. As I think.

I also usually check new coins and try to invest them and get profit in short term too.
But my main strategy is long term benefit. And most of my friends also keep holding.
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:46:51 PM

The analysis was pretty much true.As we all know Bitcoin is the majors of all cryptos .There are  other altcoins which are bound to make waves and become really big in no time.
Ethereum will definately be the next big thing.Litecoin,Dash,Monero, and Ripple also good future prospects
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:57:18 PM

Great post ,

I believe that Stratis and Waves will make a huge impact to the cryptoworld in 2018.  I hope to see them both regain their top 10 ranking on coinmarketcap.  Both are great projects with elite teams. 
william8829

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:08:56 PM

An overview shows he is just picking the highest market caps excluding lesser forked coins.  Logically the writer would add IOTA next.  It has zero transaction fees and unlike the other alts increased transactions are beneficial not a problem to be solved.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: