Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:32:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bubbles" Made Bitcoin Stronger  (Read 725 times)
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:58:46 AM

I don't totally agree that bitcoin is bubble, But I believe its more of a "commodity currency", the demand is so high because people love to use it,  fast and efficient. Bitcoin cost thousands of dollars to mine, thats why its not a pyramid scam or so. It is community driven that's why the price is soo volatile that make it unstoppable, because whether we like it or not its the future of payments.
What OP is referring to here is not pertaining to bitcoin as a whole, but bitcoin's price when it was still manipulated by Chinese before 2016 pump and the crashes that have happened at that time, and the most famous one is mt.Gox crash. It in fact made bitcoin stronger and more resilient, I think without those bitcoin wont be what it is today. The only questions is that if those days are over or not? I believe that price of btc itself now can possibly be a bubble, price is high for now I think.

I don't think that the price manipulations of bitcoin will be over, but it less likely today because there's a lot of entities now as compare before were the Chinese can easily fake the volumes of trading resulting to bitcoin overvalued. But for each every bubble that has been burst, bitcoin rebounded and even makes it stronger as the OP has stated. If the price of bitcoin now is a bubble then it could possible burst, but I don't think it will crash that hard again unless someone really try to manipulate it by spreading FUD. But then again, bitcoin resiliency will bail him out again just in time for another bubble to form. IMHO.
I agree with your opinion. In reality this is indeed a bubble condition, but still continues as long as many parties continue to support it.
Bitcoin has become gold asset, even china has taking part that can manipulation volume to put price going high, many people still interest to buying and holds more.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:03:01 PM

Bubbles in bitcoin made the most simple people millionaires by just being geeky about it. Up to now, the said bubble has been holding strong for almost a year now, and skeptics remain skeptics because they don't even have money invested on it, thus the negative comments since they also don't share bitcoin's success. I just think that people that are criticizing and fudding so hard are those people who aren't really invested in the game. Bubble or not, it caused a lot of good things to people.
Probably you are wrong. Bitcoin really has all the signs of a bubble. But the future is not determined. It all depends on our actions. People are holding coins and unknowingly turn the bitcoin bubble. Only the use of bitcoin as currency can give us hope that it will never end.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:09:19 PM

I have been to Bitcoin for the past two years already and though I only have little amount of it which I saved in an online wallet service provider, I can say that I learned a lot of its ins and outs. While some experts were then claiming that Bitcoin will eventually pop as it can never sustained continuous growth, Bitcoin still defying all odds and is charting right now for more upward movement.

Bitcoin has proven to be a big moneymaker for people who invested their money at the right time or those times that Bitcoin experienced some 'crashes' or dips. And this is the big difference between Bitcoin and other investment vehicle as a 'crash' in Bitcoin can also mean a big opportunity to buy more at a cheaper rate. I would venture to say that Bitcoin have been to many bubbles already but instead of it getting killed it those crashed served as an opportunity to rise up again and again just like the legendary Phoenix.

As the saying goes: What does not kill you can make you stronger and wiser! The same thing can be said on Bitcoin. However, let's give those people who still insist that Bitcoin will soon die a painful and excruciating death the benefits of the doubt they always want. We are still in democracy, aren't we?

Eehm, that, depends on what you really mean by saying that Bitcoin Bubble is good– do you mean speculation or what? Well, no need to say that, cause it does benefits everyone of us (not everyone) actually. And that photo is quite funny, but clearly defined what Bitcoin is all about, and how it beats every negative predictionsexperts has made about it all this while.

I never knew that Bitcoin will come this far, never thought it would ever in this life reach $7K. But I’d to admit that this is really good.
bear100

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:16:39 PM

The feature of all the bubbles is when it pops, all the"investors" loose their money and there is no way to get more money from the bubble.
As for Bitcoin, all the "bubbles" were just scary stories. As there is always an option to earn more Bitcoins (mine it). Even if you loose your money due to hacker attacks on wallets or exchanges.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:25:27 PM

What really is a humorous picture of those shit talkers. I never thought bitcoin was a bubble and all traders think so.

Before you even put your statement here, don't be so lazy not to read the post of the OP and not only read the title of this thread. The OP saying how bitcoin became stronger from the bubbles that is happening.

Bitcoin may be a bubble, maybe but what we know is that as along as it keeps giving profit to people, people will always invest in these crypto currency and it will always have a possibility of having a greater price in the future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:27:01 PM

Many people are interested in bitcoin price volatility,and by seeing how much the price increase since 2009.people will tend to buy and hold to gain profit.That's why the bubble keep holding and doesn't pop
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:36:23 PM

Haha, I laughed a lot when  saw your thoughtful picture of bubbling. This is the reality and bitcoin has popped everyone who said that it is bubble and it will crash down like anything. This will always happen because people don’t realise the power of bitcoin or may be they are always late in identifying its power.

Anyway this will always keep happening, the economist, CEO of financial institution or may be someone from the FEDs will always keep saying that bitcoin is bubble and it may go down and much more things which are moistly negative about the bitcoin. They will always want the bitcoin to go down but they will always see it going up due to its powerful rebounding nature.

So many great things about the bitcoin and they still think its bubble. Pitty.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:37:20 PM

I don't totally agree that bitcoin is bubble, But I believe its more of a "commodity currency", the demand is so high because people love to use it,  fast and efficient. Bitcoin cost thousands of dollars to mine, thats why its not a pyramid scam or so. It is community driven that's why the price is soo volatile that make it unstoppable, because whether we like it or not its the future of payments.
What OP is referring to here is not pertaining to bitcoin as a whole, but bitcoin's price when it was still manipulated by Chinese before 2016 pump and the crashes that have happened at that time, and the most famous one is mt.Gox crash. It in fact made bitcoin stronger and more resilient, I think without those bitcoin wont be what it is today. The only questions is that if those days are over or not? I believe that price of btc itself now can possibly be a bubble, price is high for now I think.

I don't think that the price manipulations of bitcoin will be over, but it less likely today because there's a lot of entities now as compare before were the Chinese can easily fake the volumes of trading resulting to bitcoin overvalued. But for each every bubble that has been burst, bitcoin rebounded and even makes it stronger as the OP has stated. If the price of bitcoin now is a bubble then it could possible burst, but I don't think it will crash that hard again unless someone really try to manipulate it by spreading FUD. But then again, bitcoin resiliency will bail him out again just in time for another bubble to form. IMHO.
I agree with your opinion. In reality this is indeed a bubble condition, but still continues as long as many parties continue to support it.
Bitcoin has become gold asset, even china has taking part that can manipulation volume to put price going high, many people still interest to buying and holds more.
Bitcoin not like a bubble that after increase in the price of bitcoin it will decreases directly like bubble blast after increase to its limit, bitcoin is a digital currency when its price increases it become more stronger and with the passage of time that digital currency will convert into official currency and become more famous.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:47:15 PM

The way bitcoin running through proof of work make it happen, the visionary of monetary technology.
Is bitcoin bubble? I'm not so sure about it, as bitcoin price increase significantly and tend to stay at the higher point instead of pop at the end of the day. If most people just think "Bitcoin is a faster way to make money", rather than see it as an alternative payment method, bitcoin will always crash after gain so much value. Because people will panic sell if bitcoin start to fall at the correction time, fortunately, bitcoin could hold due to proof of work system and real usability of this great technology.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:47:49 PM

The feature of all the bubbles is when it pops, all the"investors" loose their money and there is no way to get more money from the bubble.
As for Bitcoin, all the "bubbles" were just scary stories. As there is always an option to earn more Bitcoins (mine it). Even if you loose your money due to hacker attacks on wallets or exchanges.
You are right a lot of people scared that the price of bitcoin increases a lot and then suddenly decrease to zero like bubble size increases when continues and then it will blast after crossing its limit but my advice to that people will that, we need to focus on investment in bitcoin and to not feels hesitate.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:50:56 PM

You know that old saying "What doesn't kill you make you stronger?"

Well cryptocurrency bubbles and Bitcoin bubbles also fit that bill. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Smiley

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:57:25 PM

Being unpredictable is one of the disadvantage of bitcoin but also become its advantage because no one can predicts its value many got surprise when the value gets higher and others then think its a bubble but because of that many investors believes bitcoin can actually become a  biggest hit and they decide to invest more as well many people start to believe in bitcoin which makes it more successful
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 11:59:07 PM

Yes that's agreeable mate, and even if those challenging situations like with china couldn't beat the odds. No bubble happened actually, but the actual situations made the price boom to the highest peak of its price in history. Now were heading up to be the most profitable currency ever. An assurance for us for the future of our family specially for the assets we have.
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:49:37 AM

I will want to take a contrary view to that because holding the position that bubble makes bitcoin stronger is admitting that bitcoin is really a bubble and if if follow that path, we might end up to the point where the bubble does not hold things together again.

Its true a lot of people are putting money into bitcoin with the hope of it skyrocket but that's is a wrong motive because people like that are the ones that expand the panics immediately there is little drop in price. So bubble does not make bitcoin stronger, it's just a misconception.

That is why there is a quote and unquote on the word, which means it is other people's statement. This statement against bitcoin is really helping the price of the coin to go higher each time it is released. It was proven that whenever a known personality give such statement bitcoin always overcome it and price always goes high after.

Many people are interested in bitcoin price volatility,and by seeing how much the price increase since 2009.people will tend to buy and hold to gain profit.That's why the bubble keep holding and doesn't pop

That is right many people are keeping the "bubble" for it not to burst and will never let it burst. So bitcoin is not just a bubble it is a balloon with a thicker coat, harder to burst.

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:02:12 AM

Bitcoin will never stop increasing its price. some might say that bitcoin's price is going down but it is just because of the volatility and the demand added with supply

Yes bitcoin is not stop its moved. I like the topic" bubbles made bitcoin stronger ".
Bitcoin will stromger when many more people believe in it to make more bubble in bitcoin.

neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:30:26 AM

Bitcoin grows in bubble-bursts cycles because it's a very disruptive technology. The most disruptive invention ever in fact. The road to $1,000,000 isn't a smooth one, but an exponential one with big sell offs from scared panicsellers that will not make it to the top- Sp just hold and buy any dips, since it's impossible to time them. The only thing you know is that they will happen, but you don't know if it will be $10k, $20k or $100k before the next big pop.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:32:48 AM

This bubble became more scary when the top CEO, invest and experts of their fields started saying that this is nothing more than bubble. Its downfall will come and everyone invested will lose their money. So for common people who are not much in this space feared and thus either stayed away from this or sold it out in anticipation of being another bubble.

slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:34:49 AM

Well, all these past bubbles have done is prove to people that even after a crash, Bitcoin still has the backing and trust to move back upwards.

The most important bubble was the one after Mt. Gox went down, Bitcoin's value completely crashed and it stayed that way for a couple of months, even more than a year, if I remember correctly.
Prices were constantly hovering around 300 dollars, the huge volatility was also pretty much non-existent for a while.

People who saw that and the subsequent price increase after that must have gained a substantial amount of trust for Bitcoin after that ordeal.

The crashes we've seen this year are peanuts, they barely last a couple of days and are followed by new ATH's.
Which proves that bitcoin in itself is not a bubble there are bubbles in bitcoin but bitcoin is not a bubble because if it was bitcoin will have been destroyed already, if bitcoin did not die with the Mt Gox crash then nothing is going to kill bitcoin.
Xabad

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:28:06 AM

Bitcoin grows in bubble-bursts cycles because it's a very disruptive technology. The most disruptive invention ever in fact. The road to $1,000,000 isn't a smooth one, but an exponential one with big sell offs from scared panicsellers that will not make it to the top- Sp just hold and buy any dips, since it's impossible to time them. The only thing you know is that they will happen, but you don't know if it will be $10k, $20k or $100k before the next big pop.

Reason why the coin is so disruptive is because it's price is only depending on the demand from people. So every time that most owners decides to sell the coin price will go down. Unlike for other investments which has other variables to consider bitcoin is only depending on demand.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:27:38 PM

One good thing from these bubbles is that people are actually not just hearing about, but actually investing in bitcoins. Sure, the bubble pops and the whales gobble up cheap coins but that also sort of redistribute what is left to existing bitcoin holders that decided to buy during plunges. We are actually getting more people to participate.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: