Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:24:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RBI red flags 'Virtual currency'  (Read 2032 times)
assortmentofsorts (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:29:30 AM

Report from Times of India: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/RBI-red-flags-virtual-currency/articleshow/20808495.cms

Actual report: http://rbi.org.in/scripts/PublicationReportDetails.aspx?UrlPage=&ID=709 , SEE: Box 3.4: Virtual Currency Schemes

If you want to tip: BTC 1KbjTUEfcziwMv7BMXcjmvNAKEpTJbZCsF
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:32:57 AM

Expected Initial Reaction. To things they dont really understand.
India followed US policy i guess, if and when BTC goes mainstream in the US, I expect India to follow suit.
assortmentofsorts (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:36:19 AM

Expected Initial Reaction. To things they dont really understand.
India followed US policy i guess, if and when BTC goes mainstream in the US, I expect India to follow suit.

True. Also, part of the article which talks about "D Sivanandhan" concerns about Bitcoin can be found here: http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=170161

If you want to tip: BTC 1KbjTUEfcziwMv7BMXcjmvNAKEpTJbZCsF
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 05:46:15 AM

This looks more like a statement more than anything else.
Don't think it indicates anything about P2P or decentralization; these are the biggest threats to the current Banking system.

But it is good to see that India inc is taking a look at it on a mildly proactive basis.

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 06:53:56 AM

Who  the  hell is the idiot  that wrote  for the TOI, looks  like   it  does not know   what  Crypto  currency is about , and  this is  a  classic  FUD they  are   trying to  engage in. guess the reporter  was  paid  by the  bank to  write  this.  money laundering, terror groups, i  guess  its  become a  world wide  trend  for  people  to  use  these  words  for  thing  they  dont  like  and  dont  understand.   

Get it  through your thick  head  the  developer  does not  issue  the  crypto currency, nor  does  he  control the supply of  the  crypto  currency. crypto is   a  decentralized  currency, a new  technological innovation an  movement. there is no  central authority  controlling  crypto .     
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 06:59:20 AM

Who  the  hell is the idiot  that wrote  for the TOI, looks  like   it  does not know   what  Crypto  currency is about , and  this is  a  classic  FUD they  are   trying to  engage in. guess the reporter  was  paid  by the  bank to  write  this.  money laundering, terror groups, i  guess  its  become a  world wide  trend  for  people  to  use  these  words  for  thing  they  dont  like  and  dont  understand.   

Get it  through your thick  head  the  developer  does not  issue  the  crypto currency, nor  does  he  control the supply of  the  crypto  currency. crypto is   a  decentralized  currency, a new  technological innovation an  movement. there is no  central authority  controlling  crypto .     

I know that Indu does the tech review for TOI. But does not look like her writing at all. She knows way more about bTC.

psypi

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 09:53:10 AM

They're just scared about the decentralization. They hate what they can't control.

"When people fear the government there is tyranny. When government fears the people there is freedom" -Thomas Jefferson
Pinwheel

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:46:10 AM

what I told ya just few weeks ago  Grin

now, get your self few good VPNs

Tom Waits: We should just start as soon as possible cause we might catch a rabbit before we have our pants on. (Juxtapoz)
rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 02:50:12 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2013, 04:32:29 PM by rezurect

Just remember that the State's backlash against bitcoin has not yet begun. They fight, and they fight dirty.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:12:22 PM

What is this Bit coin they talk about?  Grin Grin Grin

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: