Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wake up before it is too late  (Read 1421 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:37:05 PM

Just use another cryptocurrency

drgrah

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 03:54:35 PM

Wow how this forum is an unbelievable echo-chamber fueling one big ponzi scheme. Bitcoin as a currency, give me a break. A currency where it takes days to clear payments unless you pay massive fees - fees that are hostage to whatever vagaries the miners have? And if you don't, you are left in limbo where you have no idea whether it takes minutes, hours or days to move your money? A currency which is heavily impacted by "civil wars" with rival crypto currencies? A "currency" even less stable than the former Zimbabwean dollar. Don't get me wrong - the other crypto "currencies" equally well fit the ponzi scheme.

It is abundantly clear from reading in here for quite a while that the vast majority of people speculating in here are simply pinning all their hopes and dreams on the notion that these tulip bulbs - sorry tokens - can only rise in value. Sorry to say, but some people are going to get hurt badly eventually....

Quite a lot of hyperbole there, have you seen Bitcoin inflate a billion times in a day like the Zimbabwean dollar?  I'm new and have considered both sides of this argument quite a lot.  I do agree that for the most part this forum is a bunch of crazed cheerleaders whose best argument for it going up is that it has gone up already, or that they really REALLY want it to go up!

There are a lot of problems to overcome if it's ever going to be a currency and maybe it never really will.  But it is clearly in it's infancy and can go through all kinds of development between now and 'later'.  I think transaction times and fees wouldn't be that hard to drop with the right changes.  I also think one of the biggest problems to overcome is the INSANE amount of electricity that is used.  I read somewhere that right now it is at 1/2 a % of the global carbon footprint and that one transaction uses as much electricity as driving a Tesla 300 miles.  Crazy!  Plus, somehow it has to be idiot-proofed so that the average joe can easily use them without losing them all.

As a safe haven against inflation it seems like it could have a lot of potential, as it already does in several countries.  For the last decade the U.S. stock market has gone berzerk.  Why?  Among other things, with near zero interest rates there is literally no other place to put your money to invest.  What will people do with all those gains when (if) the stock market has a prolonged decline or inflationary period?  They could buy gold - or bitcoins.

Now I'm not insane by any means and I do realize that the idea of pouring your life savings into "invisible data coins' could easily be the worst decision of my life.  My plan is to get my initial investment out asap and let whatever's left ride.  And I don't plan on ever putting more than 15-20% of my savings into it.  I'd encourage everyone else to have an exit plan as well.  Because even though you don't want to admit it, the whole thing could collapse and you'd better make sure you have a plan B just in case.  Or, it could go to the moon and we all win! (rah rah)

just my .000002 BTC
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:02:21 PM

No. Wrong.  Block chain is the technology. Bitcoin is merely one use of the technology.

Please expand. How would you define blockchain technology and what other concrete uses cases are there besides immutable atomic transactions?
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:05:25 PM

No. Wrong.  Block chain is the technology. Bitcoin is merely one use of the technology.

what other concrete uses cases are there besides immutable atomic transactions?

So you are saying there really is no use for block chain
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:40:27 PM

what other concrete uses cases are there besides immutable atomic transactions?

So you are saying there really is no use for block chain

No.

I am asking what you mean by the term "blockchain" because you seem to be using it as a meaningless buzzword like the startups that you and me both critized just a few posts ago. So unless you are just parroting empty phrases you subscribe a different meaning to the term "blockchain" than me. It follows that for me to understand your point of view I first need to understand your terminology. And that's what I've been indirectly trying to achieve by asking the question above. Asked directly: What do you mean when you use the word "blockchain"? Or rather -- what do you think it means?
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:05:47 PM

I do agree with some of your sentiment.Putting  all your life savings into something as volatile  as bitcoin are mortgaging your house to hopefully hit big jackpot   is beyond stupid .Me  unlike you would feel no sympathy what so ever if they lost everything .People who  are greedy and gamble everything they own well they deserve what comes to do then .Bitcoin/crytocurrecny is general is good to put away maybe 5-20 of your savings not 100%.You should also put some in stocks bonds gold silver   land etc etc .Spreading out   your investment/risk  is the key always

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:13:31 PM

I am sorry to tell you this, but I disagree with what you said. As a matter of fact, this forum helped me financially. If this forum did not exist, I would have had been in a bad state, really bad. That is why you have to check for yourself before you put your judgement.

It is a fact that the fees increased, so what? As long as the signature campaigns pay you, it is okay for you to wait hours or days as long as you move out your money. I mean you are not going to be robbed or something!
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:01:11 PM

Wow how this forum is an unbelievable echo-chamber fueling one big ponzi scheme. Bitcoin as a currency, give me a break. A currency where it takes days to clear payments unless you pay massive fees - fees that are hostage to whatever vagaries the miners have? And if you don't, you are left in limbo where you have no idea whether it takes minutes, hours or days to move your money? A currency which is heavily impacted by "civil wars" with rival crypto currencies? A "currency" even less stable than the former Zimbabwean dollar. Don't get me wrong - the other crypto "currencies" equally well fit the ponzi scheme.

It is abundantly clear from reading in here for quite a while that the vast majority of people speculating in here are simply pinning all their hopes and dreams on the notion that these tulip bulbs - sorry tokens - can only rise in value. Sorry to say, but some people are going to get hurt badly eventually....
Yes its true don’t be late because now a days bitcoin price is little down and the price is going high so I think we need to buy bitcoin as much as you can so I think if buy bitcoin now a days so I’m sure end of the year we can get a huge amount of profit same like last year because this year was better than last year and I’m sure I will get a profit from it.
Frostyroar

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:07:20 PM

Yes wake up because bitcoin price is going up and up and believe me it is going to reach a lot and you still have not invested or earn anything at all i would recommend to try it out right now because you can secure your future with it!
Aljohn08

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:14:36 PM

For my opinion its not too late to enter in crypto world , you can reach your goals by means of hard working and passionate to your work .. Some people say you can't earn money without having sweat on your face , body pain, stress etc. But as we discover there is a easiest way to earn money and that is to work with crypto currency
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: