Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with My rig  (Read 492 times)
GryphoCry (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:38:54 AM

Hello,

Im newbie on mining, i've Just finish building my first rig with 4 sapphire rx 580 8gb, but Im having one problem, windows recognized my 4 GPU's but fans arent working, i tried using MSI Afterburn but the software cant even recognize any data such temperature. Im using 1000w psu idk thats the reason...

If i only connect 3 GPU's, they work fine, i Just need to have msi Afterburn on background to keep fans working.

Im using biostar tb250-btc pro, Intel pentium g4400, 4 gb ram.
What can i do?
Sorry for My bad english xD and thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:41:41 AM

Hello,

Im newbie on mining, i've Just finish building my first rig with 4 sapphire rx 580 8gb, but Im having one problem, windows recognized my 4 GPU's but fans arent working, i tried using MSI Afterburn but the software cant even recognize any data such temperature. Im using 1000w psu idk thats the reason...

If i only connect 3 GPU's, they work fine, i Just need to have msi Afterburn on background to keep fans working.

Im using biostar tb250-btc pro, Intel pentium g4400, 4 gb ram.
What can i do?
Sorry for My bad english xD and thanks in advance.
what cpu do you have? is it a skylake or kabylake?
how about psu wattage? theres lots of information you didn't mention that would be very helpful

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:50:01 AM

I would say PSU is the reason indeed.

Count with me.
80% PSU efficiency, gives you real 800W
70W for CPU, 5W HDD, some 10W RAM and MB ...do you have any other SATA devices?  gives you remaining 700W for 4 GPUs .. I don't think that's enough.

GryphoCry (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:55:16 AM

what cpu do you have? is it a skylake or kabylake?
how about psu wattage? theres lots of information you didn't mention that would be very helpful

Thanks for the help, cpu is skylake, and the Psu is 1000w
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2

I would say PSU is the reason indeed.

Count with me.
80% PSU efficiency, gives you real 800W
70W for CPU, 5W HDD, some 10W RAM and MB ...do you have any other SATA devices?  gives you remaining 700W for 4 GPUs .. I don't think that's enough.

Thank you, if thats the problem, would you recomend installing another 1000w?  or maybe more? ... Considering that Im planning to install another 2 or 4 rx 580.
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:58:23 AM

no its not power, he is using the tb250-btc pro, id say bios settings
go into the bios and look for pci express settings, possibily some pull down menus, change gen3, assuming that's the default to gen 1
also enable 4g decoding

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:05:04 AM

I bet CryptoWatcher420 has much more experience with, so do as he says.
The above was just my assumption.

But for 6 GPU rig I'm almost positive you going to need a stronger PSU.

Bakhtra

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:10:29 AM

I dont think so, still it depends on how much undervolt can you go.
I personaly use RM1000x for 7 rx 580 8GB with 1150/2100, and it only cost me 850w max.
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:21:59 AM

I dont think so, still it depends on how much undervolt can you go.
I personaly use RM1000x for 7 rx 580 8GB with 1150/2100, and it only cost me 850w max.
its not all power, there are other things that come into play depending on the motherboard used, me personally I use a 1200w server grade psu for 6x gpu with stock settings

CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:30:31 AM

he isn't at 6 yet, he is at 4. but you are correct to give proper head room 1200w is good for most setups
1000w is okay depending on how much actual wattage those gpus use

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:36:44 AM

The hardware configuration setup seems fine, nothing should be wrong with that. Try:

- changing the slots of graphics cards.
- complete uninstalling of all the driver-related software and install an older version of driver.
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:46:07 AM

The hardware configuration setup seems fine, nothing should be wrong with that. Try:

- changing the slots of graphics cards.
- complete uninstalling of all the driver-related software and install an older version of driver.

changing slots wont do any good on that motherboard, he has to change the bios settings
no 4g decoding and leaving the pci express on gen 3 the mobo wont pick up anymore than 3 gpus that will function with mining

maralet2020

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:19:13 AM

go for nvidia for 6 gpu on that kind of psu. or else. buy a bigger capacity psu and spend time on oc and undervolting amd's
PotatoM12

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:26:31 AM

What worked for me was enabling 4g decoding in the bios.
I do have nvidia instead of amd.
GryphoCry (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:43:33 PM

Thanks everyone for you comments and help, i will try with the bios when i came back to home, and i think is worth to mention that when i power up the pc all gpu fans and leds work until Windows 10 start.

Im using the latest amd drivers, Im also going to try installing the drivers that came on a CD with GPU's.

And again thanks for all the help, i searched trough Internet and YouTube but i was getting a bit desperate.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:26:56 PM

all gpu fans and leds work until Windows 10 start.

I have GPUs that dont run the fan unless the cards are under load.

Also, you need to get rid of Windows. It is the number 1 cause of mining issues. Read through the posts of people asking for help with their rigs, its 90% windows users that have problems.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
milfstick

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:37:56 PM

Im having the same issue with only 3 vega 64s working on the asus maximus iv extreme p67 i have a 1500w and 1010x hx power suply. The bios doesnt have an opion  to change pcie settings to gen 1 or 4g decoding (unless my eyes are painted on) so im very fustraited that 3 out of my 4 cards dont work. 
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:20:42 PM

Thanks everyone for you comments and help, i will try with the bios when i came back to home, and i think is worth to mention that when i power up the pc all gpu fans and leds work until Windows 10 start.

Im using the latest amd drivers, Im also going to try installing the drivers that came on a CD with GPU's.

And again thanks for all the help, i searched trough Internet and YouTube but i was getting a bit desperate.

all gpus do that with windows bud, amd or NVidia. and to the fool whom said get rid of windows. don't listen to that guy there is lots he isn't telling you about Linux, like the fact its NOT newbie friendly. then you've got those Linux mining os's that aside from ethos are just crap especially the ones that want a monthly fee for a part of there service. Linux is great if you already are familiar with the OS otherwise its just a pain in the ass

CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:22:06 PM

Im having the same issue with only 3 vega 64s working on the asus maximus iv extreme p67 i have a 1500w and 1010x hx power suply. The bios doesnt have an opion  to change pcie settings to gen 1 or 4g decoding (unless my eyes are painted on) so im very fustraited that 3 out of my 4 cards dont work. 

did you bother to update the bios? a lot of the time the first version of said mobo bios doesn't always have all options and a lot of the time get put in later

milfstick

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:40:39 PM

did you bother to update the bios? a lot of the time the first version of said mobo bios doesn't always have all options and a lot of the time get put in later

Hi yes mate i have the last bios update ever released (3604)
GryphoCry (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:10:55 AM

go into the bios and look for pci express settings, possibily some pull down menus, change gen3, assuming that's the default to gen 1
also enable 4g decoding

I did everything you said, thanks for the help,

Now my GPUs can mine on Claymore, but the fans  are running a bit slow and whenever they want xD (GPU0 t=76C fan=32%, GPU1 t=76C fan=29%, GPU2 t=76C fan=27%, GPU3 t=76C fan=28%) and i cant control them with MSI Afterburn, any suggestions to that?
I think im going to install previous drivers. Or even the AMD  Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain, what would you suggest?...

Also the mining rate is very slow, im using nanopool ETH only and im getting 67.22 Mh/s (16.80 for each GPU) but i know i have to flash them, im already reading how to. Worth to mention they´re Hynix.

Thanks in advance.
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:38:33 AM

also enable 4g decoding

Now my GPUs can mine on Claymore, but the fans  are running a bit slow and whenever they want xD (GPU0 t=76C fan=32%, GPU1 t=76C fan=29%, GPU2 t=76C fan=27%, GPU3 t=76C fan=28%) and i cant control them with MSI Afterburn, any suggestions to that?
I think im going to install previous drivers. Or even the AMD  Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain, what would you suggest?...

Also the mining rate is very slow, im using nanopool ETH only and im getting 67.22 Mh/s (16.80 for each GPU) but i know i have to flash them, im already reading how to. Worth to mention they´re Hynix.

Thanks in advance.

change gen 1 to gen 2, and see if you can still use all gpus. doesn't always work but its worth a try:D I have a msi gaming socket 1151 mobo that I could change the pci express to gen 2 and still run 6 NVidia gpus. but again it doesn't always work with every motherboard

GryphoCry (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:18:31 AM

also enable 4g decoding

Thanks in advance.

change gen 1 to gen 2, and see if you can still use all gpus. doesn't always work but its worth a try:D I have a msi gaming socket 1151 mobo that I could change the pci express to gen 2 and still run 6 NVidia gpus. but again it doesn't always work with every motherboard

Thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it...

Before your reply i use DDU to remove newest driver and intall AMD driver for blockchain, then i used the ATI pixel patcher and reboot to modify MB BIOS with your recommended configuration.. Surprisingly it worked fine, now i have my 4 GPU´s working and i can control fans with MSI Afterburn, GPU´s increased hashrate to 19.36 Mh/s (still sucks) but its a great advance.

Abusing from your goodness, do you know any link or youtube tutorial to modify GPU´s BIOS? they are Hynix.

Thanks bro Smiley
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:44:58 AM

also enable 4g decoding

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it...

Before your reply i use DDU to remove newest driver and intall AMD driver for blockchain, then i used the ATI pixel patcher and reboot to modify MB BIOS with your recommended configuration.. Surprisingly it worked fine, now i have my 4 GPU´s working and i can control fans with MSI Afterburn, GPU´s increased hashrate to 19.36 Mh/s (still sucks) but its a great advance.

Abusing from your goodness, do you know any link or youtube tutorial to modify GPU´s BIOS? they are Hynix.

Thanks bro Smiley

Hope this helps

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0

I think im going to install previous drivers. Or even the AMD  Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain, what would you suggest?...

Just curious what did you do to MSI Afterburner to adjust your Fans? this is bit tricky ,did you see the graphs of temps and fan percentage?
CryptoWatcher420

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:58:58 AM

Hi yes mate i have the last bios update ever released (3604)

you might just have a mobo that doesn't like to be used for mining, asus makes gaming motherboards primarily, so if you don't have either of those options id get a new board

GryphoCry (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 03:37:51 AM

Thanks again to everyone, i´ve just flashed my 4 GPU´s BIOS, im getting 29.5 MH/s aprox on Dual Claymore mining ETH solo at nanopool. Very happy with the results.

Just curious what did you do to MSI Afterburner to adjust your Fans? this is bit tricky ,did you see the graphs of temps and fan percentage?

Im newbie on all this, i didnt adjust my fans to that speed by myself, i just clicked on "software automatic fan control mode" (gear image next to fan speed box). Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: