Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Gaming  (Read 562 times)
vladgiurgiu (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:14:57 AM

I was thinking to make gaming tournaments which entry fees and winnings should be in BTC (/and all other Cryptocurrencies).
This is a Steam Group I made, but please please enter only if you are really interested.
Any games are welcome, any Cryptocurrencies are welcome.

Have fun, enjoy and good luck!

(I really need some ideas on infrastructure - where will the entry fees go? how will the winners be rewarded?)
(Any idea/criticism is more than welcome!) Smiley
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:33:59 AM

This reminds me of: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89504.msg984910#msg984910
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:47:06 AM

Actually wish it existed now.  Undecided

vladgiurgiu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:23:27 AM

I am talking here about any steam game that can be played in multiplayer Smiley
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:26:21 AM

I am talking here about any steam game that can be played in multiplayer Smiley
Yes, I do understand that.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:38:36 AM

I thought I should just point out being someone who is properly looking into game development myself now, if you do make a competitive game where you can win Bitcoin, it absolutely fucking has to be perfectly balanced in terms of statistics, that means no silly powerups, no RPG levelling, all the stats have to be completely equal. I say this because while it would be a fun thing to do I see so many of these supposed competitive multiplayer ladder games ( *cough* League of Legends/Starcraft *cough* ) boasting about how they work to make sure their games are balanced and fair and they're some of the most unbalanced ones out there, oh yes and point and click ganking is out of the question for this kind of thing too it would need to be properly interactive in some way.

Not putting you off, just giving you a fair warning, the only game I've seen that has come even close to being balanced for me was Counter Strike Source and even then that has it's problems with the AK-47 and the AWP as any gamer will tell you Grin if people find out that there's one weapon more powerful than all the others then they'll abuse the crap out of it to get Bitcoins, don't even get me started on games like EVE Online. If you're still a newbie to game development it maybe a good idea to create some kind of friendly sandbox multiplayer game where you do something creative for Bitcoin instead.
vladgiurgiu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:40:21 AM

I don't want to make any games, just organize the tournaments so that people can play for BTC.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:41:17 AM

Oh well, then you're fucked if it's competitive, I couldn't with a good conscience recommend any unless you were doing something sandboxy like Minecraft Tongue
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:42:28 AM

Oh well, then you're fucked if it's competitive, I couldn't with a good conscience recommend any unless you were doing something sandboxy like Minecraft Tongue
What? Competitive Minecraft PvP?  Cheesy

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:43:06 AM

Oh good god no! LOL Cheesy Just challenge them to build the biggest penis or something within a time limit Tongue
vladgiurgiu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:45:42 AM

I simply want organize tournaments in games already existing on steam (CS GO, F1 2012 etc.). Each player pays an entry fee and that money is collected. The top 3 split the pot accordingly Smiley That was the idea!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:46:04 AM

Oh good god no! LOL Cheesy Just challenge them to build the biggest penis or something within a time limit Tongue
I might actually participate if I had Minecraft. Grin

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 11:14:16 AM

bitcoin league would be pretty good.

Mix it with league of legends and while you are at it, make them accept BTC. would give it a HUGE boost.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 01:01:39 PM

bitcoin league would be pretty good.

Mix it with league of legends and while you are at it, make them accept BTC. would give it a HUGE boost.
Seems interesting. Anyone picking up this idea? Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: