Question: Bitcoin Diamond!
It will be huge! - 1 (9.1%)
It will be Meh! - 2 (18.2%)
It will suck! - 6 (54.5%)
No Viewpoint! - 2 (18.2%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Diamond Fork. (Just passing it along here folks). Getting Weird  (Read 529 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:41:40 AM

Saw this for Bitcoin Diamond fork of BTC.

Yeah, it is gonna get wierd and more of this kinda thing.

Anyway, what is the deal on our latest 'BTC fork coin' and chime in!

http://www.btcd.io/index.html

(p.s. nothing to do with this coin..just tripped over the annoucement..put here for your 'consideration')

p.s. 210 million coin, x13 GPU (or Baikal miners I think)

meh...this is going no place...might add 1.20 in paper profits on claiming for my BTC hoard Smiley

We are gonna see a crap load of this stuff...and imho if this stuff launches even over $5..it will encourage even more forks of BTC and faster

weird times

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lion1987

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 11:46:59 AM

I first heard today abou this fork and i dont really care about it

I just hope this forking will soon Come to an end. Every fork is getting less succesfull than that before so i guess the intresst of claiming them decreases

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:51:50 AM

I just hope this forking will soon Come to an end. Every fork is getting less succesfull than that before so i guess the intresst of claiming them decreases

The problem is the old way of making ALTS was by creating a coin from scratch and promoting it....and maybe it would launch at 0.00001c usd or some such...

So far, on forking of BTC your ALT of choice, by this method....hell, you'll likely get over $5 off the get go....

so why make an alt the traditional way where it would take 2 years to break 1 buck USD at best

Add to the fact you can pre-mine and likely would not be regulated or banned like ICO's (another complicated option)

So it is looking like I will have what 50 forks in a year to keep track of? This is gonna suck.....

anyway, how I view this, becoming a mad rush...

p.s. here is links I found

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/bitcoin-diamond/

https://coinsutra.com/bitcoin-diamond-fork/

https://www.finder.com.au/what-to-know-about-the-bitcoin-diamond-fork

have not found a place that states a PRICE yet...please post such and any other dubious links...

(guess I have a new hobby keeping track of the coming many flavors of BTC forks ....again this is gonna suck)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 12:02:53 PM

The problem is the old way of making ALTS was by creating a coin from scratch and promoting it....and maybe it would launch at 0.00001c usd or some such...

So far, on forking of BTC your ALT of choice, by this method....hell, you'll likely get over $5 off the get go....

so why make an alt the traditional way where it would take 2 years to break 1 buck USD at best

but there are a couple of serious issues with this kind of method for creating a shitcoin that will continuously bite them in the ass!

first is the replay protection which they have to implement. so far i have seen both forks have lots of issues implementing this. and when these are shitcoins with shitty devs it may not be implemented properly either!

second is all the mistakes people are going to make. like sending bitcoin to BT... address. which means they also have to add a new form of address.

third is the biggest and that is the fact that they are giving away 1:1 BT... to whoever holds BTC. that is 16+ million coins giveaways. and nobody has any faith in these shitcoins and they will dump. $5 is soon going to be super lucky for them.

and finally is the fact that bitcoin's blockchain is 150 GB! whereas an altcoin from scratch is 0. that makes everything easy. nobody is going to run a full node of a shitcoin like this with such a huge blockchain. and there won't be any SPV servers to offer any SPV wallet services like Electrum

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
tonnynguyen

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:55:25 PM

Huh what's topic ?? so do you have information about this Huh

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Freebieindia

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:59:42 PM

heard the name Bitcoin Diamond for the first time. i dont think there is any hype to this coin.
cylina

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:57:19 AM

wow learning so much
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:02:42 AM

first time i hear it tought its a joke. yes there is too much fork already. i dont think it will brings any good thing for bitcoin plus dont think this new fork will be big cause last fork btg still trying to developing.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
cryptoheroin

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:41:33 AM

This wont end in the future,they will keep pushing useless forks for their own sake,billions of dollars are being produced by these forks.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 02:30:13 AM

It's almost as if these forks are the next evolution in scams.
We have upgraded from risky icos with absolute crap projects and coins to bitcoin forks that lead you in with the bitcoin name and illusion of free money but it really is just a crap project.

Blockchain tech is open source so I guess anyone is free to mess with the code if they want, but this means that anyone can come in and create a new "bitcon" and profit off of it.
And from a scammers perspective, why wouldn't they?
It's already been proved that when a fork is coming up people act like lemmings and gravitate towards btc, driving the price up.
Then, with so much of the forked coin already premined, they can manipulate the price and walk away with a great profit.

Or be like BCH and continuosly try to pump your coin using any dirty tricks you can muster.

Win win situation? I think not.

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:57:09 AM

I'm ready for these forks to end.  Everyone loves the free coin but at some point we'll dilute/pollute Bitcoin to much... either these forks will fail miserably (hopefully) or Bitcoin will lose out.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:04:30 AM

I'm ready for these forks to end.  Everyone loves the free coin but at some point we'll dilute/pollute Bitcoin to much... either these forks will fail miserably (hopefully) or Bitcoin will lose out.
these forks don't dilute bitcoin at all, of you saw BTG fork it hardly caused any waves in the bitcoin economy. BCH was a big player by that's beaches it has ample of support from the miner. Forks like this Diamond or silver will just be like BTG or even worse than that.
lsd400

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:13:34 AM

It's getting weird with each fork. What is initial goal with this fork? Upgrade of something?
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:48:04 AM

Exchanges need to stop acknowledging these forks and listing them. These can be forked by anyone.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:52:35 AM

this one is the most minor of all the forks so far. But free coins is free coins, i'm holding mine right now just to see where they go. Never know it may gain some traction, if bitcoinGold can do it than why can't they. More forks the better than i get more free coins to trade for more bitcoin! Loving the year of forks!

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: