Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Looking for suggestions from the experts.
Copay
Coinbase
Mycelium
Breadwallet

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting confused with the wallets for trading purpose  (Read 269 times)
Biglife66 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:54:43 AM

Hi, I am a total newbie looking forward to trading. Getting straight to the point.

I want to buy some bitcoin, litecoin, ripple, etherium and iota.

Coinbase supports bitcoin, litecoin and etherium

Breadwallet has a confusing review for missing out currencies and bitcoins. on top of that I am not sure about if I can put all these coins in here.

Copay- they has very frequent 403 errors, could not even create an account.

Mycelium, well they just went over my head since I won't be using any hardware wallet yet.

As of getting Iota, I read they use GUI for storing the coin.

I am looking for something less critical and easy to use, open to new options. Looking for other options that in not mentioned in the Bitcoin wallet poll.
Looking forward for a helpful discussion!!  Grin Grin
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Norcal2020

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:14:39 PM

For the purchase of the "main" coins, my suggestion is use Coinbase to purchase and then move to a hardware wallet. Super simple process.
Rodrigo Santos

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:29:49 PM

There is a thread in the forum that answers all your questions [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?.
Biglife66 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:06:39 PM

There is a thread in the forum that answers all your questions [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?.

I already mentioned that. I have thoroughly read that part and even researched most of the wallets. There are more wallets other than this one right here.
Biglife66 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:20:00 PM

For the purchase of the "main" coins, my suggestion is use Coinbase to purchase and then move to a hardware wallet. Super simple process.

I am from bangladesh and getting a hardware wallet is difficult and expensive. My initial investment is low as per the coin stated. Mainly focused on Ripple and Etherium
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:08:33 PM

You can also use coinami or indie square wallet for your Android device. It's basically a wallet that runs and it bound to your device but please as always backup your probate key. Both of these apps are great for spending on the move I use them as a spending wallet.

Of you want a good desktop wallet use electrum. If you want to use Ether then use Myetherwallet. These are the best wallets. Well some of the best because there are a few more bit these ones I'm mentionng are very good ones.

PD1882

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:34:05 PM

Coinbase is good for purchasing (if a little frightening for all the info you gotta give - the not so anonymous side of crypto!) but don't leave stuff on there long term: buy it and move it to a wallet. Best security is a hardware wallet or paper wallet but for ease of use Copay for Bitcoin and BlockWallet for everything else (though some coins/tokens may require other wallets) are quick and easy to use.
Degaucho

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:32:28 AM

Good afternoon. Not on the topic, but tell me please how often there are bounty projects?

SHIPIT - Send packages. No couriers. Just people. (https://token.shipit.me/?utm_source=bitcointalk&utm_medium=signature)
Biglife66 (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:42:10 AM

You can also use coinami or indie square wallet for your Android device. It's basically a wallet that runs and it bound to your device but please as always backup your probate key. Both of these apps are great for spending on the move I use them as a spending wallet.

Of you want a good desktop wallet use electrum. If you want to use Ether then use Myetherwallet. These are the best wallets. Well some of the best because there are a few more bit these ones I'm mentionng are very good ones.

That is pretty helpful, are you suggesting to use different wallets for Ether, for bitcoins and other altcoin?. Hardware wallet would be great for cold storage but I will be moving my coins every now and then.

The only wallet I can access right now is Breadwallet. They support Ether, btc and XRM.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: