Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:12:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of bitcoin  (Read 616 times)
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:43:30 PM

Do you think using bitcoin is better than using actual money?

Right now I think there is no point in using bitcoin, at least not the way we use actual money. Bitcoin can be used on very specific situations, where it might be better than using money, like making an international transfer, or buying a very expensive item, but if you do any of these things, then you should really replace the spent bitcoin right away, or you might lose money, since they are still very cheap.

For instance, you want to make a big international transfer, and you have enough fiat and bitcoin to do that. You can make the transfer using bitcoin, and in this case, the fees and the transaction times will be way better than what you would get with the fiat trasnfer. Once you do this, you should buy the same amount of bitcoins you just spent with fiat, so that you are not losing value if the bitcoin price increases.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:49:10 PM

First off bitcoin is money we gotta start understanding that and stop comparing it to "actual" money. Knowing that it is money I think it is the same thing as using real money with obvious drawbacks you cannot use it all the

time. This drawback is obvious and big but I expect it to be less of a problem in the coming years therefore then making it better to use. Long answer short no right now bitcoin is not "better" than "actual" money.

ps

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:51:07 PM

I don't think is it better the thing is that is the future ... electronic money is the future as shown in the serie " Mr Robot "
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:59:43 PM

It is better in some way and it is not in some other ways. I mean the whole digital platform is best creation of the Satoshi sir but what we miss here is the essence of using the hard cash that is needed in emergency cases where there is no electricity, or may be no way of paying the online payment. At that time we may miss the use of bitcoin or any other crypto currency which are completely online. So there it is where it lack the confidence of using the real time money there is hard cash. So its not just about the comparison and pointing out the bad side of the bitcoin but it is completely positive way of looking at it and making the development like that. So may be there need little more updates so that bitcoin be considered as real value currency over the actual money.

In other ways it is greatest currency we have blessed with or may be an asset we could say really. There is security of our investment and plus with bitcoin our money grows over the time and thats added advantage of decentralised nature of the bitcoin. So yeah in many ways it is better than the actual money. :-)

Tiktik

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:16:04 PM

I think bitcoin is better that actual money like USD or PESO.  why ? cause in bitcoin its only digital. they cant steal your money easily they cant rob you. because its digital no one can hold it in hands. so for me bitcoin is better than actual money that we can touch. and in this cryptocurrencies we can assure that we are secure.
Yankeestyle

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:17:34 PM

Now a days bitcoin is increasing so i would like to say that bitcoin value is un predictable so i would love to say that we should invest into bitcoin because it is the time to twice our investment into bitcoin so i would prefer to people to buy bitcoin because bitcoin is most precious asset to hold.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:16:04 PM

Now a days bitcoin is increasing so i would like to say that bitcoin value is un predictable so i would love to say that we should invest into bitcoin because it is the time to twice our investment into bitcoin so i would prefer to people to buy bitcoin because bitcoin is most precious asset to hold.

Bitcoin is a digital currency system and it's today rate was very high and today rate of bitcoin are $8117 across and it increase day by day so in future it Cross the $10000 in December end and it is used for all online process because it's a digital currency system so in future all online process it can used so this are the value of bitcoin.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:29:53 PM

I think bitcoin is better that actual money like USD or PESO.  why ? cause in bitcoin its only digital. they cant steal your money easily they cant rob you. because its digital no one can hold it in hands. so for me bitcoin is better than actual money that we can touch. and in this cryptocurrencies we can assure that we are secure.

Who is 'they'? Bitcoin and how you take care of your overall security are two different things. Nowadays viruses are more than ever focused on stealing people's crypto currencies, and at the same time, hackers constantly try to find a weak spot to exploit and empty hot wallets of services. If people with your mentality just assume that nothing can happen to their coins just because it's Bitcoin, they likely will find out how important their own security measures are when things go horribly bad for them (coin loss as result). At the end of the day, people only learn when things go wrong, unfortunately.
buxlover

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:52:18 PM

Yes it is for me. Bitcoin is giving me great financial approaches and which is not possible with the actual money. Have you ever seen your money growing in the bank deposits? But the bitcoin will grow like crazy and if you don't look at it for two to three years then it will bloom into couple of thousand dollars to even better. I think this is why bitcoin is far better than actual money. It is like amphora of money which issuing printed just for keeping into the vault.

I know it has very limited options to spend over the internet and also in offline mode but who cares if I can still convert it into the fiat money by taking some additional steps forward and then withdrawing the whole money into banks and then use. It is still the same thing and hence I trust the bitcoin over the actual money.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:05:33 PM

I think this depends on the use we are talking about here.
If we talking about making an investment, then definitely bitcoin is better than actual money. Investment in bitcoins is far more profitable compared to actual money.
But when we talk of day-to-day uses of money, i.e  buying of goods and payment of services,  then actual money is way better than bitcoin.

Boybugwal760820

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:24:37 PM

Yeah, use of bitcoin has become mainstream for some people and i also prefer to use bitcoin rather than actual currency.
It is upto people whether they wish to propagate bitcoin or fiat currency buy if people demand bitcoin more and more,
there are higher chances that in next five years, people will laugh at you for using regular currency

Yes, the use of bitcoin has become mainstream for some people.... for some people only. Not every one in the world knows about bitcoin that's why I always pay in cash in convenient store because I'm afraid that they blow my head off if I'll gonna say that I'm gonna pay them using a cryptocurrency. Maybe in the next five years people will laugh at me if why I'm still using regular currency but it's OK for me because you could never hacked the regular currency in my pocket, I'm sure your cryptocurrency is hackable.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:49:44 PM

When are you people going to learn?
Bitcoin is money!!!
You can buy stuff with bitcoin, you can buy stuff with $ you can buy stuff with your cc.
It's the same thing. There is no "actual" or "virtual" or god knows what type of it.
Bitcoin is a currency, its legal tender in some countries, its money.
So no point to compare it to itself.
What OP meant was fiat/paper money. There is a basis for comparison because really bitcoin isn't easily understood like the regular money (fiat). Yes, I have consistently argued myself that bitcoin is money but a digital and virtual money that can't be felt. You can't feel it, can you?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Fasunathan

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:52:30 PM

everything have their own advantage and disadvantage,
if we're comparing it to actual money aka fiat,i think it would be better to use fiat at the moment.
right now Bitcoin can not be used by people wholly,what i mean is it has a limited supply and a high fees.
if people use it in their life replacing an actual money,i believe the fees would be huge and it's much more than taxes that we need to pay daily.
plus it's not easy to use for them who do not know about computer or computer savvy.
lastly if we want to use it in our real life,we need to have a physical form.
Bitcoin is good as digital currency,no more than that right now.
we need actual money to value it and keep it alive,at least for now it does not fit to be a real currency based on its technology and system.

Well that's your own perceptions mate, and based on my insights here bitcoin is the leading currency regardless of type whether digital or fiat currency. No wonder how it will influence people's live in the next 10 years, we might notice the changing effects of global adoptions of digital currency in terms of transactions and usability. So we can't exactly have into conclusions that it would not fit into real currency, because technology and system always have developments.
riderinred

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:11:26 PM

When are you people going to learn?
Bitcoin is money!!!
You can buy stuff with bitcoin, you can buy stuff with $ you can buy stuff with your cc.
It's the same thing. There is no "actual" or "virtual" or god knows what type of it.
Bitcoin is a currency, its legal tender in some countries, its money.
So no point to compare it to itself.
What OP meant was fiat/paper money. There is a basis for comparison because really bitcoin isn't easily understood like the regular money (fiat). Yes, I have consistently argued myself that bitcoin is money but a digital and virtual money that can't be felt. You can't feel it, can you?

You also can't feel your shares in companies or other stocks. So in my opinion not "feeling" Bitcoin is actually not a good argument in comparison to fiat money.

You are your worst enemy and your best ally.
I am just some guy with a keyboard.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:14:18 PM

everything have their own advantage and disadvantage,
if we're comparing it to actual money aka fiat,i think it would be better to use fiat at the moment.
right now Bitcoin can not be used by people wholly,what i mean is it has a limited supply and a high fees.
if people use it in their life replacing an actual money,i believe the fees would be huge and it's much more than taxes that we need to pay daily.
plus it's not easy to use for them who do not know about computer or computer savvy.
lastly if we want to use it in our real life,we need to have a physical form.
Bitcoin is good as digital currency,no more than that right now.
we need actual money to value it and keep it alive,at least for now it does not fit to be a real currency based on its technology and system.

Well that's your own perceptions mate, and based on my insights here bitcoin is the leading currency regardless of type whether digital or fiat currency. No wonder how it will influence people's live in the next 10 years, we might notice the changing effects of global adoptions of digital currency in terms of transactions and usability. So we can't exactly have into conclusions that it would not fit into real currency, because technology and system always have developments.

Yeah it truly is amazing how people don't seem to realize things evolve and so does technology and Bitcoin is an example of a revolutionary thing that has come from an even more revolutionary technology (Blockchain) and we should wholeheartedly embrace it. Smiley
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:21:39 PM

I am a hypocrite if i say yes.
Sure fiat is still the easiest and most convenient say to transact and buy things.
But when it comes to bitcoin it is as good as an asset, actually much better than that.
Just holding it for a long time will make you realize that I shouldve get more before this priced surged like this which we cant afford anymore.aa
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:33:01 PM

It is better in some way and it is not in some other ways. I mean the whole digital platform is best creation of the Satoshi sir but what we miss here is the essence of using the hard cash that is needed in emergency cases where there is no electricity, or may be no way of paying the online payment. At that time we may miss the use of bitcoin or any other crypto currency which are completely online. So there it is where it lack the confidence of using the real time money there is hard cash. So its not just about the comparison and pointing out the bad side of the bitcoin but it is completely positive way of looking at it and making the development like that. So may be there need little more updates so that bitcoin be considered as real value currency over the actual money.

In other ways it is greatest currency we have blessed with or may be an asset we could say really. There is security of our investment and plus with bitcoin our money grows over the time and thats added advantage of decentralised nature of the bitcoin. So yeah in many ways it is better than the actual money. :-)

Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:00:06 AM

No and yes.
No, because using your bitcoin is you cant have the possibility to earn money from your bitcoin because of it price that are rising in everyday.

Yes, because using your bitcoin you can buy something online and less effort, and you can pay bill online without risk, you can buy cellphone load and the same thing you can earn from that.

di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:04:35 AM

For me, bitcoin is also a kind of currency used for transactions. In our place, i think we could only consider value of bitcoin when it was converted into fiat and readily used  for transactions because bitcoin is not yet widely accepted for transactions.

laguseklik

Activity: 254

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:17:18 AM

they have their own advantages. bitcoin is not effective for low transactions because of its high fee

Oops, there is no signature...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: