Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:20:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Never miss that inventory again!!!  (Read 2673 times)
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 03:07:06 AM

Tired of missing those 6990s or any other card you want?

Here's what I have been playing with:

- Download this http://aignes.net/download.htm You can get a 30 day eval to decide if you want to buy this.  I'm evaluating the business edition.

setup Autowatch with a web-link to the desired product (for ex: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102878)

Go into properties and setup desired time (I'm messing with 1 minute) and desired action (playing with email notifications) .

You're done. Never miss that inventory again!!!

If this helped you, and you think I deserve a small token of appreciation, please consider donating 15KwcqgcxjsXx6XGJgv56Ps6AjbeQP3Ge5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TurdHurdur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 03:29:53 AM

Do you know if Newegg eventually takes action against automated requests?
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 03:41:56 AM

Newegg has a built in email notification system for "back in stock", and it work very well.

Ps: Totally love that aiges soft, It paid itself a dozen time already Smiley
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 03:44:01 AM

Don't know for sure, but there are other websites that check their inventory, so maybe they don't care?
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:16:06 AM

Newegg has a built in email notification system for "back in stock", and it work very well.

Actually their email notification is for shit!! It does not work for items that sellout fast.
shotgun

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:03:27 AM

They do not unless you're hammering rapidly enough to trigger IDS type responses. Just setup a cron job to parse the page you want to watch and randomize the url curl timing.

<luke-jr> Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:47:28 PM

They do not unless you're hammering rapidly enough to trigger IDS type responses. Just setup a cron job to parse the page you want to watch and randomize the url curl timing.

Couldn't see the option to randomize polling time in the software package I mentioned.  There maybe other software that can do it, but I haven't looked for it to be honest...
ZombieDeity

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 07:27:18 PM

Actually their email notification is for shit!! It does not work for items that sellout fast.

You're exactly right.  They suck at notifying on time.  I used NowInStock.net to monitor NewEgg as well as NewEggs own notifications.  I received several emails from NowInStock when the cards came in, and actually snagged three of them.  NewEgg never sent me a single email.  I guess their system doesn't understand these cards sell out within 5 minutes.
lordbuggie

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:31:12 PM

nowinstock.net

and my own iMacro's within Firefox Smiley
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:37:10 PM

nowinstock.net

and my own iMacro's within Firefox Smiley

I use them too, but this tool allows you to monitor any website of your choice.  not sure about nowinstock.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:39:49 PM

So far it's working like a champ.  I have seen 5830s come into availability twice on newegg today.
and they sold out very quickly!! at crazy prices...
lordbuggie

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:41:47 PM

same as imacros

quite personally, i just have my own scripts that poll a site for whatever change i see and then it sends me a txt msg.  that way i get it even if 3g isn't avail (yes there are places without 3g still! ARGH!)
pwnyboy

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 03:21:55 PM

I can't see that this software would be helpful in the least.  It can't see where NewEgg shows you "OUT OF STOCK" on a particular page because that's generated by JavaScript which it apparently can't parse.  For a good example, pick an out of stock product, add it, then go into the filter wizard and look at the preview.  That's how the program sees the web page, and you won't see the words "OUT OF STOCK" in there, as you would in an actual browser.

So how exactly does this help you?  Does it update the change time by some other criteria?  And what if NewEgg decides to show you a different (or new) product review when the program refreshes the page, does that not constitute a change which would trigger an email notification?

Edit: I see in the "check" tab that you can make it emulate Internet Explorer - maybe you left that part out?
Acejam

Activity: 124
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 03:45:01 PM

Way too much work. As previously mentioned, just use nowinstock.net. It's free and amazingly quick. I've picked up all my cards using the notification emails from them for 6990's on NewEgg.

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/6990/
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2011, 07:31:27 PM

I can't see that this software would be helpful in the least.  It can't see where NewEgg shows you "OUT OF STOCK" on a particular page because that's generated by JavaScript which it apparently can't parse.  For a good example, pick an out of stock product, add it, then go into the filter wizard and look at the preview.  That's how the program sees the web page, and you won't see the words "OUT OF STOCK" in there, as you would in an actual browser.

So how exactly does this help you?  Does it update the change time by some other criteria?  And what if NewEgg decides to show you a different (or new) product review when the program refreshes the page, does that not constitute a change which would trigger an email notification?

Edit: I see in the "check" tab that you can make it emulate Internet Explorer - maybe you left that part out?

I figured folks would be able to figure that out.  You can see what the software "sees" in a window.  and yes, use the i.e option with javascript support.
Works great.

Also, keep in mind that newegg is not the only place to monitor.  you should add as many links as you can at different sellers.
ZombieDeity

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 02:01:09 PM

Way too much work. As previously mentioned, just use nowinstock.net. It's free and amazingly quick. I've picked up all my cards using the notification emails from them for 6990's on NewEgg.

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/6990/

Nowinstock.net FTW... that's how I got my 6990's too.  It can watch multiple sites as well.  Though Newegg seems to be the only one getting them in regularly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: