Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:27:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get an BTC address with all my coin (and can sign a message)  (Read 257 times)
oktapodia (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:08:07 PM

Hello,

I'm using blockchain.info as a wallet for my bitcoin, and I imported multiple addresses to my main wallet as well.

The thing is, I don't know how to get a bitcoin address with all my balance linked to it to participate in an airdrop. Also, because it's my main wallet, I don't have the option to sign a message with it... I can create a new address and sign the message with the new address, but the balance will be 0BTC...

What can I do please?

Regards

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 03:35:18 PM

Sign a message from any address you want, and send all your Bitcoins to that same address.

This question doesn't really belong in "Technical Support", it's the basics of how Bitcoin works. So, a piece of advice: learn a bit more about how Bitcoin really works, before you mess up and make a big mistake.
Can you move this thread to Beginners & Help? Click "move topic" on the bottom-left.

oktapodia (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:58:11 PM

Thanks for your answer, I moved the topic. That's the thing, on blockchain.info I don't find my main address (I'm receiving funds to different addresses).

I have exactly this view with my BTC amount on the "My Bitcoin wallet [default]" line

source: https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/207746403-Addresses

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:03:12 PM

Thanks for your answer, I moved the topic. That's the thing, on blockchain.info I don't find my main address (I'm receiving funds to different addresses).

I have exactly this view with my BTC amount on the "My Bitcoin wallet [default]" line

source: https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/207746403-Addresses

You can't sign a message from a non-imported adresson blockchain.info, only verify it.

See https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/210353833-What-is-message-signing-and-how-can-I-do-that-

Unless ofcourse you take the private keys out of blockchain.info, into another wallet, which is a bit of a hassle.

oktapodia (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:16:51 PM

Thanks for your answer, I think importing the private address in a new client will be easier... Do you know a wallet client I can run on a linux server (temporary)?

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16620

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 04:30:16 PM

Do you know a wallet client I can run on a linux server (temporary)?
Electrum.

oktapodia (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:09:50 PM

Thank you so much!! I've got it!!

But that's a bit painfull... With that private key, I have like 10 addresses with coins inside. I though I had only one wallet... Is is possible to merge everything in only one address?

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:42:43 PM

Thank you so much!! I've got it!!

But that's a bit painfull... With that private key, I have like 10 addresses with coins inside. I though I had only one wallet... Is is possible to merge everything in only one address?

Not sure why you would want to do that, ( Paper wallet?)

But you will simply need to make a transaction of your full balance to that adress, and it should sent every output to it.

Do note that, because of all the ouputs, you might need to spend alot of bitcoin on fees, and that this isn't really unusual.

I believe what you want to achieve is called a consolidation transaction, for more information you could simply google it.

This might be of use to you, https://freedomnode.com/blog/78/how-to-sweep-bitcoin-dust-to-a-single-wallet-address-with-electrum

oktapodia (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:42:15 PM

That exactly what I wanted to do thanks a lot!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: