Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:54:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tea Party?  (Read 2968 times)
DrYe5 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 03:34:01 AM

Any tea partiers here?

Any one willing to pledge bitcoin to have bitcoin flyers distributed at NRA rally's?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

June 30, 2011, 03:35:51 AM

The tea party is over. It ended when Sarah Palin walked in.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 03:40:59 AM

Any tea partiers here?

Any one willing to pledge bitcoin to have bitcoin flyers distributed at NRA rally's?

Bitcoin meets NRA. Now how did that famous quote by Charlton Heston go?

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 03:56:22 AM

Lol I think most of the people here that are righties are Intelligent righties. Not moronic tea-baggers lol..
DrYe5 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:02:06 AM

Wow. I'm somewhat astounded by the intellectual elitism.
MrAnderson

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:10:48 AM

Ron Paul started it, Sarah Palin fucked it.

>>> 1BcfL1QAZsxtpd92YYsbvDyih45mwA9xSo << Willing to endure the cringe-worthy Australian stereotypes for donations.

I'll wrestle a crocodile, show you my knife, throw shrimp on the BBQ, F**k your wife. Tongue
vvagner

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:14:09 AM

It's not elitism to say Tea Partiers are morons. It's reality. Whatever your political inclination is.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:14:36 AM

Any tea partiers here?

I had attended a few 'Tea Parties' before they were co-opted by the Republican Party.  I guess you could say I was a Teabagger before it was cool, or before it was square.  Whichever.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:16:12 AM

It's not elitism to say Tea Partiers are morons. It's reality. Whatever your political inclination is.

I suggest you paint with a narrower brush, or you might find that you offend the wrong forum member.  It's a short trip back to newbie hell from where you are standing.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:19:04 AM

I don't consider myself a Tea Partier, but I support Ron Paul.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dennis_sweden

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:19:56 AM

The Tea Party movement is not grassroots but astroturf.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:22:23 AM

I think the average Tea Partier is "more intelligent" than the average American. But indeed it is foolish to generalizing to such a degree - there be both idiots and geniuses within the Tea Party, probably within almost any group, and to say "Tea Partiers are morons" makes he who posts such appear as though he is one himself, does it not?

That said, I think Tea Partiers, on average, would be at least open to the idea of Bitcoin if approached from the "anti-fed" angle - and indeed isn't that the most important angle from which to approach Bitcoin, regardless?
m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:25:03 AM

If the tea party sticks to fidelity to the constitution, smaller government (much less military and entitlement spending), and increasing personal liberty; Then, I still support it.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:35:29 AM

You keep telling yourself that, despite all of the evidence.  Don't let the facts disturb you.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:37:05 AM

Ron Paul, whom I respect, didn't start it either.

hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:07:55 AM

Actually, the Tea Party was started by the Ron Paul supporters to get people to fund Ron Paul 2008 campaign. When the presidentials were over, Fox News, in their line of copying Ron Paul rethoric, co-opted it.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:22:56 AM

Actually, the Tea Party was started by the Ron Paul supporters to get people to fund Ron Paul 2008 campaign. When the presidentials were over, Fox News, in their line of copying Ron Paul rethoric, co-opted it.

No, sorry.  The 'Tea Party' was started many years after the Tea Parties on April 15th and on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party.  The idea was started by libertarians & like people, picked up by Ron Paul supporters leading into the 2007 Republican nomination cycle (who are also far more libertarian than the rest of the Republican Party), and co-opted by the Republican Party around 2009 after it became apparent that it wasn't going to fade away.

I was there for most of it, I watched it happen.

DrYe5 (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:40:38 AM

I'm not a party affiliate myself, but in this election cycle, Ron Paul is at least as loud a voice as Chuck Schumer. Adopting bitcoin is no more extreme than ending the federal reserve.
dennis_sweden

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 06:00:17 AM

You keep telling yourself that, despite all of the evidence.  Don't let the facts disturb you.

I probably expressed myself somwhat carelessly. The Tea Party movement indeed enjoys widespread support, however, the politicians who are elected are no different from other politicians, i.e. they accept campaign contributions from the highest bidders and pay scant regard to the views of their supporters, apart from lip-service and rhetoric. Libertarian and/or republican values can never equal the aims of the corporations who provide campaign contributions.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 06:16:19 AM

The "Tea Party" is a joke. Do you think Samuel Adams filed for a permit to have an assembly? The real Tea Partiers had real torches and pitchforks. You think a bunch of geriatrics, who had no problem with Big Government when Bush the Dumber was in charge, have any ideological consistency? They wouldn't know ideological consistency if it bit them on their wrinkled asses. Most of them MOST OF THEM are opposed to ANY cuts to social security or medicare, at least until they are dead and the genXers get to pick up the tab.

I donated to Ron Paul as part of the Money Bomb. I was one of the very few who voted for him in 1988.  Now I feel like a sucker for doing so. He's just another rich old man pissed off about birthright citizenship and wanting to go back to the way things used to be. Hey Ron, IF THINGS WERE SO GREAT, THEN HOW COME THEY GOT SO SHITTY? The Constitution is just a promise by the guys with guns not to shoot us unless they really really want to. Limited government is impossible because the government interprets and selectively enforces the rules that limit it's power. The American experiment was a failure. A noble attempt, maybe, but ultimately a giant steaming pile of fail.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: