Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:29:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep track of all of the bitcoin fork prices?  (Read 421 times)
neurotypical (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:43:37 PM

What are you guys using to keep track of so many altcoin bitcoin forks? it is driving me crazy with so many different ones, and I can't simply ignore them when im getting free money..

Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Gold
Bitcoin Diamond
Bitcoin Silver
Bitcoin Platinum

and we are still going to get a lot more through 2018.

I like to use cryptofolio.info, it's a good and simple portfolio, the problem is, it takes so much time for coins to be added.

Blockfolio app spies on your portfolio, so I can't trust that.

Any other programs or sites to keep track of coins?
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:57:33 PM

Coinigy also works pretty good and it has an option that can enable sms alerts so you can be alerted even away from the computer. Pretty good website, I like it a lot but I mainly use for TA not always tracking prices.

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:13:05 PM

What are you guys using to keep track of so many altcoin bitcoin forks? it is driving me crazy with so many different ones, and I can't simply ignore them when im getting free money..

Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Gold
Bitcoin Diamond
Bitcoin Silver
Bitcoin Platinum

Most of those don't even exist yet. Cash and Gold are already traded on major exchanges, so they are very easy to track. It's not even clear that the others will happen... isn't Bitcoin Silver a joke?

In any case, Blockfolio is very quick to add coins....

I'm not too worried about that, personally. But here's a thought: why not just add coins in "watch only" mode? That way, you can see the ticker in your portfolio and also set alarms/notifications. But as far as Blockfolio knows, you don't "own" any coins.

neurotypical (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:17:56 AM

Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Gold
Bitcoin Diamond
Bitcoin Silver
Bitcoin Platinum

Most of those don't even exist yet. Cash and Gold are already traded on major exchanges, so they are very easy to track. It's not even clear that the others will happen... isn't Bitcoin Silver a joke?

In any case, Blockfolio is very quick to add coins....

I'm not too worried about that, personally. But here's a thought: why not just add coins in "watch only" mode? That way, you can see the ticker in your portfolio and also set alarms/notifications. But as far as Blockfolio knows, you don't "own" any coins.

Blockfolio only acts as "watch-only" to my knowledge. Who would be stupid enough to put their private keys on an android or just any other type of phone anyway?

But that's the problem, the problem is, you don't want Blockfolio reporting your portfolio to the IRS or whoever the fuck is getting their reports, because call me paranoid, but im sure that's exactly what they are doing, so I need some alternative to do this.
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:30:56 AM

I am also using blockfolio andriod app but it is not sufficient. So I also using tradesatoshi  and worldcoinindex webites. To keep me update.
Donned

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:12:37 AM

Every day I look at the exchange prices in real time, so I know about the price of these bifurcated coins, if the increase is too high, I would choose to sell these bifurcated coins in exchange for bitcoin. Grin

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 05:17:17 AM

The trick of keeping track of all of these bitcoin fork prices, is that you don't.

If you have been hoping to get tons of free money off of these than, yeah, free money is nice but is it really worth your time?
Shouldn't you be putting more effort into truly profitable alts?
Out of all the forked coins, there is only one that registers a blip on the radar, and that is BCH.
And the only reason why it registers is because it is being pumped in the shadiest ways imaginable.
So all these other "bitcoins" really don't have a chance.

If you are looking into stocking up on btc to get free coins from forks then I would imagine that is just a stressful endeavor with very little reward.

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:24:24 AM

That list of forks will only get bigger and bigger if binance doesn't stop listing every fork.
Literally anyone can make a fork of bitcoin. If this keeps up binance may be the new yobit.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:10:11 AM

That list of forks will only get bigger and bigger if binance doesn't stop listing every fork.
Literally anyone can make a fork of bitcoin. If this keeps up binance may be the new yobit.
Binance has turned into the shady exchange as yobit with a lot of shitcoin today. Super smart bitcoin creates by 4 years old will come in the next month. This shit drama will never be stopped until these shit exchange site will try to give a block to the next bitcoin fork coin. The more shitcoin will come because that's so easy just take a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain and distribute your shitcoin to all of the participants and the price will try to generate itself.
neurotypical (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:33:05 PM

The trick of keeping track of all of these bitcoin fork prices, is that you don't.

If you have been hoping to get tons of free money off of these than, yeah, free money is nice but is it really worth your time?
Shouldn't you be putting more effort into truly profitable alts?
Out of all the forked coins, there is only one that registers a blip on the radar, and that is BCH.
And the only reason why it registers is because it is being pumped in the shadiest ways imaginable.
So all these other "bitcoins" really don't have a chance.

If you are looking into stocking up on btc to get free coins from forks then I would imagine that is just a stressful endeavor with very little reward.

You are wrong to be frank. Just look at how if you monitored BCash after the crash, you could have been prompted by a portfolio's alarm to dump the shitcoin at the $2000+.

Same goes for the rest of the forks. BTG will keep going up in my opinion. The question is how high? who knows, and I don't have time to look at charts, that is why I just wanted a portfolio to prompt me when my price target is meet so I just have to dump it.

I know they don't have a chance, I just want to dump them at a good deal for more BTC.
kioicoin

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:52:58 PM

What's Bitcoin Silver and Bitcoin Platinum? I think I never heard about those stuff. I think for the good forks, you will anyhow hear some news. But for the bad ones, I do not see the need to track the price.
samy_voc

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:54:16 PM

I feel the cap on the coins helps them to keep the coin value up and steady. whenever they maek profit they disperse their dividends to their coin holders via a hard fork.

All those loyal coinholders have become the starts of the crypto world raisign the market cap for BTC family to $160 B
panghae

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 08:10:25 AM

Join social media,theres a lot of pages and accounts that feeding free news and information about the crypto and btc.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:27:34 AM

OMG, it is not as difficult as it seems. Today some guys dealing with crypto manage to learn everything about all altcoins and there is over thousand of them! You can follow all the coins here https://coinmarketcap.com/
And here you can track you crypto investments https://altpocket.io/
BlackFawkes

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:40:27 AM

Do you guys know if a tool exist that could list all the forked coins I have ? I mean, I own some Bitcoin since 2015 and I'd like to know all the forked coins I have in my wallet. Does such a feature exist ?
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:49:30 AM

Now we have been waiting for December 17 and the appearance of Super Bitcoin (SBTC). I wonder if the last fork that happened on November 24 and the new Bitcoin diamond affected such a high jump of BTC. Your thoughts?
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 11:59:35 AM

The only two Bitcoin forks that count are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold for now. I'm even surprise Bitcoin Gold price go that high. So many forks will pop up in future provided they have huge community the price will be up, we now have three Bitcoin in top three on the coinmarketcap

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Basti27

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:12:26 PM

Do you guys know if a tool exist that could list all the forked coins I have ? I mean, I own some Bitcoin since 2015 and I'd like to know all the forked coins I have in my wallet. Does such a feature exist ?
I would also like to know this. Is it possible?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: