Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain not matching Wallet after 23 hours??  (Read 1279 times)
Luddite Savant (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 04:48:48 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 04:34:01 PM by Luddite Savant

I recently sent 5.167 BTC from one wallet to another, the blockchain is showing them as having arrived but my, fully up to date, bitcoin client isn't showing them as having arrived. Its been 23 hours now and I have no idea why they're not showing up in my wallet.

Sent address: {EDITED}
'Recieved' address: {EDITED}

{EDITED}

Anyone shed any light on this as I have no idea & I can't do anything with my coins till they appear in my wallet.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 05:36:42 PM

I recently sent 5.167 BTC from one wallet to another, the blockchain is showing them as having arrived but my, fully up to date, bitcoin client isn't showing them as having arrived. Its been 23 hours now and I have no idea why they're not showing up in my wallet.

Sent address: 1CzMV8bNrjRss3tan7fDBV23YwJamJcs4r
'Recieved' address: 1LZRJGXBBRyNuWJF5u5RuFdjb2qo9GLW1M

http://blockexplorer.com/a/98ZYJA1pSY

Anyone shed any light on this as I have no idea & I can't do anything with my coins till they appear in my wallet.

Which wallet are you using?

Electrum
MultiBit
Bitcoin-Qt
Armory
Luddite Savant (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:18:42 PM

Using the 'Recieved' address: 1LZRJGXBBRyNuWJF5u5RuFdjb2qo9GLW1M. Still nothing coming through there.
Luddite Savant (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 10:24:53 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2013, 09:03:29 PM by Luddite Savant

After over 48 hours that wallet is still showing 0 transactions & 0BTC, while the blockchain shows 1 transaction & 5.167BTC.
Can anyone explain this, or is there a way to get more info on what's happened here?

Misunderstood your question there DannyHamilton, I'm using Bitcoin-Qt. (edited as I reread last question.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 02:05:32 AM

If you are using Bitcoin-Qt and it is fully synced, then there are a few possibilities.

The first possibility is that the address isn't a receiving address in the wallet and you accidentally used an address from your address book instead.
If this is what happened, then you need to figure out where/who you got the 1LZRJGXBBRyNuWJF5u5RuFdjb2qo9GLW1M address from and see if you can get them to send the bitcoins they accidentally received to you.

The second possibility is that you are mistaken about the transaction not showing up.  Perhaps the transaction actually has been added to your balance, and some other transaction is missing.
If this is what happened, then you need to figure out what transaction is actually missing and figure out why you thought that balance was already accounted for.

The last possibility I can think of is that the wallet somehow failed to notice the transaction in the block when it processed it.
If this is what happened you can try running a rescan.

If you are going to try the rescan, you should shut down your bitcoin-qt wallet and wait for it to completely exit.
Then run the the Bitcoin-Qt comand with a -rescan command line option.  How to do that will depend on the operating system you use (Mac OSX, Windows, Linux, etc)
Luddite Savant (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:11:52 AM

Thanks DannyHamilton,

I've already ruled out the 1st 2 possibilities as 1LZRJGXBBRyNuWJF5u5RuFdjb2qo9GLW1M is definitely a receiving address and transactions are showing as 0.

I'll try the rescan. I'm on linux so I think  ./bitcoin-qt -rescan should work.

Thanks
Luddite Savant (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 04:17:14 PM

Rescan has worked a treat, the BTC are now showing up in my wallet, thanks Danny
WaverleyStreet

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 05:08:50 PM

If you are using Bitcoin-Qt and it is fully synced, then there are a few possibilities.

The first possibility is that the address isn't a receiving address in the wallet and you accidentally used an address from your address book instead.
If this is what happened, then you need to figure out where/who you got the 1LZRJGXBBRyNuWJF5u5RuFdjb2qo9GLW1M address from and see if you can get them to send the bitcoins they accidentally received to you.

The second possibility is that you are mistaken about the transaction not showing up.  Perhaps the transaction actually has been added to your balance, and some other transaction is missing.
If this is what happened, then you need to figure out what transaction is actually missing and figure out why you thought that balance was already accounted for.

The last possibility I can think of is that the wallet somehow failed to notice the transaction in the block when it processed it.
If this is what happened you can try running a rescan.

If you are going to try the rescan, you should shut down your bitcoin-qt wallet and wait for it to completely exit.
Then run the the Bitcoin-Qt comand with a -rescan command line option.  How to do that will depend on the operating system you use (Mac OSX, Windows, Linux, etc)

" If this is what happened, then you need to figure out where/who you got the 1LZRJGXBBRyNuWJF5u5RuFdjb2qo9GLW1M address from and see if you can get them to send the bitcoins they accidentally received to you. "

WHERE DO WE START TO FIND THIS INFO???

>>>WHO!!!!!!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:43:45 PM

" If this is what happened, then you need to figure out where/who you got the 1LZRJGXBBRyNuWJF5u5RuFdjb2qo9GLW1M address from and see if you can get them to send the bitcoins they accidentally received to you. "

>>>WHO!!!!!!

From any records you have of addresses you've previously used or from internet searches.
WaverleyStreet

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:46:35 PM

>>>WHO!!!!!!

From any records you have of addresses you've previously used or from internet searches.

can you help me? i have three addresses that i need to find out who owns them, just i post them here?

>>>HELP!!!!!
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:49:03 PM

can you help me? i have three addresses that i need to find out who owns them, just i post them here?

>>>HELP!!!!!
You can't. Unless you have previous records, it's impossible to trace an address back to its owner.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:51:53 PM

>>>WHO!!!!!!

>>>HELP!!!!!

I can try, but if you don't know where you got the addresses, then you probably aren't going to find the owner.

Perhaps if you use less CAPITAL LETTERS and less exclamation marks!!!!!!! and instead take the time to explain in detail exactly what happened, and what your problem is, we can try to help.

In the end though, it is important to be careful about where you send (or receive) bitcoins.  It is designed to be pseudonymous and therefore extremely difficult to find the owner of bitcoins if they don't want to be known and you don't have subpoena powers.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 06:53:24 PM

>>>HELP!!!!!
You can't. Unless you have previous records, it's impossible to trace an address back to its owner.

It can be impossible, but not necessarily.  It depends on how hard the owner is trying to avoid being linked to the address.  Many people publicly list their bitcoin addresses in their signatures, or other places on the internet.
WaverleyStreet

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:11:51 PM

>>>HELP!!!!!

It can be impossible, but not necessarily.  It depends on how hard the owner is trying to avoid being linked to the address.  Many people publicly list their bitcoin addresses in their signatures, or other places on the internet.

1.: 1Lu6j7umY8qVqvZzdojDBhHBAAyfcDUfGE

2.: 15h6A2a3D31vRviBDdSpvhLtYJq3aePhdW

3.: 1BnkEt2ceoVhnQVrqeAzigcroQ6MVyxFey

^^^^^^^^^^^^here you go please help!!!!

>>>HELP!!!!!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:12:44 PM

Does any of this conversation assist you in remembering?

The profit margin on the USB eruptors is less than 50% what it was. There will be no windfall from those, even if anyone bites. And honestly the group buy buzz seems quite lackluster, certainly not anywhere near 2x previous volume. We'll see how btcguild's direct sales go.

http://blockchain.info/address/1Lu6j7umY8qVqvZzdojDBhHBAAyfcDUfGE

BtcGuild isn't answering anymore to take orders  i wonder who this belongs to any idea...thanks

i wonder who this belongs to any idea...thanks

about 90k shares, sick Smiley
who invested 9k btc at ipo ?

huge transfer ftom ASICMINER to this account in the past hour who's is it miss satoshi..thanks

It sounds like TECHICENINE must know who it is, you can try sending him a PM:

- snip -
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

-#1: How to place an order: post in this thread or PM me.-[*anonymous buyers welcome]

-#2  send bitcoins ( BTC )

-#3  List of current orders included for this batch listed below >>
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

+ Order number: ====>_BTC#_Payment Address:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- snip -

It also seems that John K. received and sent some bitcoins from/to that address:
http://blockchain.info/tx/86c385c39bfc40a415d5b79dfa27e41736f59e2f2f273391ec1ceb77c37b712f
http://blockchain.info/tx/b4d501207d5fbb28d1174e51caced628ae37875de93d092f8f270ca140ccec82

So he may know who it is as well.  Perhaps try sending him a PM?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:22:45 PM

>>>WTF!!!!!

I don't understand.  Perhaps less CAPITAL LETTERS, less exclamation marks!!!!!, and a few more actual words and sentences explaining your problem would help?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:30:42 PM

3.: 1BnkEt2ceoVhnQVrqeAzigcroQ6MVyxFey

There appears to be some belief that this address belongs to ASICMINER.  Try checking there.

So a little bit of digging....

I believe Jutarul will not do this much more.  He currently owns 7,500 shares... unless he has his shares under multiple addresses.  After this sale, 6,500.  I doubt he will bring himself below the 5,000 level of a board member... why would you give up a board seat?  So assuming all his shares are in one address he will only have 1,500 shares to sell after this sell off.

Looking at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtqphFCP56ordGVCakJxSU90MlB4MlBkZENya25pS2c&lsrp=1#gid=4  I wonder who 1BnkEt2ceoVhnQVrqeAzigcroQ6MVyxFey and 12m9dz42JrwCwLhxuzVMzNs9BXvwxTp3B1 are...  Do we know the holding address of... coinlenders?  some of the big funds? We should work on identifying who the big shareholders are.

I am 1SGvKZibKZyJGzpxwyUo5hR9PSmPyRxKS (swore I was way higher on the list... oh well my ego).  Yeay Transparency!

I think this address is belong to AM itself...    because 94415+94415+47208=24K shares which they same as they stated that they will hold 24K shares ..
I just guessing , could be wrong ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: