Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:30:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Evolution: a solution for product/service BTC sales on websites  (Read 2091 times)
Regulus (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 04:26:38 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2011, 04:39:35 AM by Regulus

Bitcoin Evolution is in the final phase of development before launch. Here's a brief summary of what http://bitcoinevolution.com is all about:

------------------------------------------------------------
Bitcoin Evolution makes tracking payments for distribution of products or services much easier using a database of Bitcoin addresses that you assign to your user account which will serve as unique identifiers for tracking payments for specific products/services.
------------------------------------------------------------

You can then embed a payment button (20 different designs – 10 light, 10 dark, or alternately use your own) using a simple piece of code that calls the javascript and opens the order form.

When the user completes the form, they get an email and you get an email confirming the order. Their email is a simple reminder that they will have to pay with their Bitcoin client to complete the transaction.

You, as a store, have access to your orders table and can mark orders as paid and then “actioned” which, based on the type of item ordered (product, service, subscription) will show up as “product shipped”, “service rendered”, and “subscription granted”. One feature that will be added in a couple of weeks is the ability to export your entire orders table to a CSV spreadsheet file so that you may manage your orders off-site.

If you sign up and log in, you will notice that you can't delete items or orders. This is simply because I was so busy getting everything else running to a good enough state for general use. I will be making many major improvements over the next 4 to 5 weeks and will continue development after that. I assure you that delete will be implemented shortly.

Try adding an item and using the embed code that it provides on your website. You may test the form this way so that you can see how it all works. You can also see of the buttons in question #3 on the FAQ page (http://bitcoinevolution.com/faq).

If you choose item type “Subscription”, you will be able to select a recurring rate of a week, a month, a year, etc. I am just correcting a few minor things and the recurring subscriptions will be active as well.

Any comments, questions, or critiques are welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jostmey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 04:34:50 AM

I like the idea.

Search Bitcoin
Discover the bitcoin economy
Regulus (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 01:37:22 AM

Prices can now be set in BTC or USD (which is converted to BTC on the order form). Here is an example payment button/form with currency conversion: Example Payment Button
Regulus (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 08:30:14 AM

I've had a long break from development on Bitcoin Evolution but I'm getting to work again. I have now implemented the ability to set prices in euro and will have 3 more currencies within the week. Also, recurring subscriptions have now been fully implemented.
Regulus (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 10:54:36 PM

You can now set an item's price in the following currencies:

• BTC
  • AUD
  • CAD
  • EUR
  • GBP
  • JPY
  • RUB
  • USD

I will now be implementing quantity limits. If you set your quantity to, say, 30, and you get 30 orders, the item will be temporarily locked and you will receive an email letting you know that the order quantity limit has been reached for the item in question.

If anyone has any questions in the system, I'd be happy to answer them. Requests would be nice too.
brandondayton

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 04:40:51 PM

I'm testing this out on my website right now. The "Buy Now" button just redirects me to a blank page on my own site.
Regulus (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:50:49 PM

Could you provide me the URL (private message is fine if you'd prefer not to make the page you're testing on public) where you are trying to add the button? I will do some troubleshooting today to figure out why it isn't working correctly.
shads

Activity: 266
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 01:18:46 AM

I haven't tried this but I have a suggestion.  Could you make the email sent to the customer include an image of a QR code.  There is at least one client (multibit) that allows you to simply drag a QR code image into a receiver box which automagically populates the receiver address and amount.  Now I think of it the payment page itself could display the code and bypass email altogether.  With properly designed page and a bit of ajax you could have a workflow like this:

checkout complete, QRCode displayed
user drags code to multibit and clicks 'send'
payment is sent and payment page wait for transaction
tx received, page does ajax update to indicate payment received.
user is happy

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
Regulus (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 03:04:18 AM

shads,

That is a good idea, I was unaware of what MultiBit could do. I'll look into implementing it eventually after I work out some of the higher priority issues. The easier for the customer, the better.

Thank you for your suggestion.
brandondayton

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 03:56:48 PM

Just wanted to report back and say that this is the easiest to use and most complete merchant solution I've found so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more development with this.
Regulus (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 03:53:05 PM

Thank you for the compliment. There are many more features on the way. I will be definitely looking into doing QR codes with MultiBit as suggested by shads' post. I will also be adding more customization to items (like optional quantity limits to prevent people from selling more of something than they have).
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 05:44:39 PM

The big idea here is to process the merchant part but not receiving the bitcoins yourself and store them for the merchants like bitpay or btcinch.
To support their "sell the bitcoins (or a % of them) automatically when received" feature they have, this could be combined with a bitcoin client that interacts automatically with an exchange.
That would take longer to develop and would be better if there were a common API for exchanges or something.

Congratulations for the idea, anyway. Merchants only have to trust you for letting them know what orders have been paid.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 04:39:34 PM

watching this.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 06:09:19 PM

Oh, this was the thread I was looking for when discussing aliases.
Regulus, that may interest you.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28532075

I don't know how the messages are ordered, but it's not chronologically.
I can't find my comment about your system neither.

The point is that you could act also as an aliases service (providing the addresses merchants had previously given to you).

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2012, 09:09:05 PM

Hi
I'm experiencing login issues.I type in my credentials yet I get a wrong login error.Can you please add reset password and forgotten password features please to rectify this?
Thanks.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: