Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe I am the last bull...  (Read 2710 times)
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:38:29 PM

I think this is it.

It's going to go up from here. You can say all you want about capitulation and the "great dollar extraction" but, deep in your heart, you know that bitcoin is the future, and bitcoins will therefore inevitably go to $1,000+ USD per bitcoin.

Those of you who are waiting for another $10 drop, or another $20 drop... go for it, but you are risking more than you realize. This is not like 2011 where everyone thought the bitcoin "experiment" was over... today everyone thinks that bitcoin "or something like it" is almost certainly going to be the future of how human civilization engages in trade and storing of value.

A few more weak hands will sell in the next week or two, sure, but Coinsetter, Kraken, CryptoStreet, and dozens of other projects we haven't even heard about are in development and will be coming out soon.

tl;dr: everyone knows bitcoin is the future, even the bears who have sold and want to buy back... don't be the person who sold at the bottom

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:39:43 PM

it's like we believe it's going to go up but know it's going to go down
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:40:07 PM

Still at least 1 more halving to go. During a deflating bubble, fundamentals mean nothing. The price went up on psychology, the price goes down on psychology.

The Great Dollar Extraction. Cheesy
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:47:01 PM

I think this is it.

It's going to go up from here. You can say all you want about capitulation and the "great dollar extraction" but, deep in your heart, you know that bitcoin is the future, and bitcoins will therefore inevitably go to $1,000+ USD per bitcoin.

Those of you who are waiting for another $10 drop, or another $20 drop... go for it, but you are risking more than you realize. This is not like 2011 where everyone thought the bitcoin "experiment" was over... today everyone thinks that bitcoin "or something like it" is almost certainly going to be the future of how human civilization engages in trade and storing of value.

A few more weak hands will sell in the next week or two, sure, but Coinsetter, Kraken, CryptoStreet, and dozens of other projects we haven't even heard about are in development and will be coming out soon.

tl;dr: everyone knows bitcoin is the future, even the bears who have sold and want to buy back... don't be the person who sold at the bottom

No, I dont know that. I think bitcoin is a great thing to speculate and make money on though.

If I believed bitcoin was the future, I'd buy it and hold it.. but I dont. And most people are like me, and thats why the price goes up and down.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:52:54 PM

It will go up only when everyone will think bitcoin is doomed

chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:53:06 PM

I think this is it.

No, I dont know that. I think bitcoin is a great thing to speculate and make money on though.

If I believed bitcoin was the future, I'd buy it and hold it.. but I dont. And most people are like me, and thats why the price goes up and down.

Serious question: what do you think the future is? A different cryptocurrencies? The fiat status quo?
thef

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:53:31 PM

Every time I think this is the bottom, another large sell comes along.
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:53:41 PM

It will go up only when everyone will think bitcoin is doomed

Then it will never go up, because I will never think that bitcoin is doomed...
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:58:06 PM

Every time I think this is the bottom, another large sell comes along.

You, sir, need to study technical analysis more.  Perhaps you will get better at placing your bets.

I'm all bull.  Bears are insane.   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245816.0

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:58:28 PM

today everyone thinks that bitcoin "or something like it" is almost certainly going to be the future of how human civilization engages in trade and storing of value.
LOL, what a joke. Such a cult mentality.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:10:16 PM

You are not the only bull, there are plenty of people around who think the price will go up long-term. Some of us just realize the long-term and short-term can be moving in opposite directions.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:12:20 PM

You are not the only bull, there are plenty of people around who think the price will go up long-term. Some of us just realize the long-term and short-term can be moving in opposite directions.

Seems like an unsustainable situation though. Like I said, good luck not being the person who sold at the bottom.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

I am definitely a bull.  I guess I realize that BTC could very well drop back down to $60 or so again.  It is a wild ride for sure, but I don't want to risk selling to buy back again because I have learned the hard way that we really do not know when the price will go up, and then keep going up never to return to same low again!  It seems better just to buy and hold at this point, especially if I believe, which I strongly do, that bitcoin will be well over the high of $266 at some point down the road.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:15:05 PM

I am definitely a bull.  I guess I realize that BTC could very well drop back down to $60 or so again.  It is a wild ride for sure, but I don't want to risk selling to buy back again because I have learned the hard way that we really do not know when the price will go up, and then keep going up never to return to same low again!  It seems better just to buy and hold at this point, especially if I believe, which I strongly do, that bitcoin will be well over the high of $266 at some point down the road.

At some point soon!
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:17:09 PM

At some point soon!

bear capitulation necessary
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:17:14 PM

Like I said, good luck not being the person who sold at the bottom.
You cannot be the last person to sell at bottom, if you are never going to sell them below $100.
When I've bought my Bitcoins I've accepted that there is a chance of them to go to zero.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:25:40 PM

Seems like an unsustainable situation though. Like I said, good luck not being the person who sold at the bottom.
Good luck holding when you could have doubled/tripled/quadrupled/etc your coins. (See what I did there?  Wink)

Pretty illogical to use that as a basis for ignoring sentiment and technical indicators. Many people realize that much more money can be made not using "buy and hold" strategy, which simply rejects countless opportunities to make profit.
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:27:01 PM

Bitcoin has a use. It's the question of how wide that usage will become. Another entry into the tor drug market place has launched. Unfortunately the black grey market might be the only driving force for the future, but new technology has always been bootstrapped by the forces of Vice. The political fiat printers can obfuscate the exchange of coins into their currency, but unless they are willing to risk revealing the grand lie we live in a free society, they are handcuffed, bitcoin is just a hash that is rare, it's a piece of text, one can claim it's defended by Freedom of Speech, so maybe one day we will see a ruling by the Supreme Court, but that's a long way off.

chriswilmer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 08:28:12 PM

Good luck holding when you could have doubled/tripled/quadrupled/etc your coins. (See what I did there?  Wink)

Pretty illogical to use that as a basis for ignoring sentiment and technical indicators. Many people realize that much more money can be made not using "buy and hold" strategy, which simply rejects countless opportunities to make profit.

@MAbtc: You realize you are in a crowded room full of bears at a tea party, speaking vocally about how the bitcoin cookies taste awful while simultaneously creeping towards the last bitcoin cookie. You are going to be a hungry, hungry bear.
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 08:32:06 PM

Well, you can also invest your coins instead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: