Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 07:37:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do the name affect to the price???  (Read 643 times)
tomvildc (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:41:34 AM

From what I've seen so far, Bitcoinnect and BitcoinCash have high price on market. I've just wonder what if these project had different name, i mean without "Bitcoin" inside, then people will know these coin? will these coin have today's price?
If yes, maybe it's a chance for EthereumClassic(ETC) now? because ETH raise so fast, people-who miss the ETH train will see some hope in this coin with "Ethereum" inside the name??? Now price on coinmarketcap is $18.5
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:53:06 AM

I do not think name affects the price, it is concept and implementation of project that should reflect in the price. Having a name associated with well knows coins may only have a little advantage since many investor will look in to it wondering what it is about and how it is related to bitcoin/ethereum/dash etc.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:58:40 AM

I do not think name affects the price, it is concept and implementation of project that should reflect in the price. Having a name associated with well knows coins may only have a little advantage since many investor will look in to it wondering what it is about and how it is related to bitcoin/ethereum/dash etc.

i am thinking the same because i think its depend on how good the coins in the market and how strong the community with the dev and the team support the coins. beside that, investor factor is include in the coins so if there are a big investor then i think it will affect with the price and the price will be high too. but for some people, the name can give affect to the coin journey because sometimes the name can give a luck to the coins and they are believe about this.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:05:54 AM

From what I've seen so far, Bitcoinnect and BitcoinCash have high price on market. I've just wonder what if these project had different name, i mean without "Bitcoin" inside, then people will know these coin? will these coin have today's price?
If yes, maybe it's a chance for EthereumClassic(ETC) now? because ETH raise so fast, people-who miss the ETH train will see some hope in this coin with "Ethereum" inside the name??? Now price on coinmarketcap is $18.5
I don't think the name affect to the price of digital coins, bitcoin cash BCH has expensive price because actually it is original blockchain of the bitcoin and the people who doesn't agree with bitcoin's hard fork, the people be free to support it. So do with ethereum classic ETC it is also the original blockchain of ethereum ETH, many people doesn't agree with hard fork of ethereum because of the DAO bail out, it is about the fundamental aspects about the digital coins and not about the name of digital coins.
tomvildc (OP)

Activity: 92

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:23:43 AM

I don't think the name affect to the price of digital coins, bitcoin cash BCH has expensive price because actually it is original blockchain of the bitcoin and the people who doesn't agree with bitcoin's hard fork, the people be free to support it. So do with ethereum classic ETC it is also the original blockchain of ethereum ETH, many people doesn't agree with hard fork of ethereum because of the DAO bail out, it is about the fundamental aspects about the digital coins and not about the name of digital coins.

Just because you guys know what is blockchain, know that need a good dev team to make a good product. How about people know nothing about technical but still want to invest - a big money. I just wonder this type of people take how many percent in coin market? this percent can affect to the price???
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:24:00 AM

Yes, the names won't affect the price or growth. The names itself becomes popular upon the growth and there are exceptions that has got ruined of the name itself. Naming too has got importance, but that doesn't serve as the basic requirement for the digital currency market.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 03:31:38 AM

Names doesn't really affect the price. The coin becomes popular and this is the reason why its name will be known. It will spread out to the community and establish its reputation. Names are just representations so it is not necessary or needed for a coin to be popular and successful.
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:35:46 AM

It mostly has to do with quality and supply. Top coin quality will be on top. But any coin with the right supply and price can land in the top 10 for a time. Name, escepially copies, have a ongoing different effect.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:47:35 AM

i am thinking the same because i think its depend on how good the coins in the market and how strong the community with the dev and the team support the coins. beside that, investor factor is include in the coins so if there are a big investor then i think it will affect with the price and the price will be high too. but for some people, the name can give affect to the coin journey because sometimes the name can give a luck to the coins and they are believe about this.

That's interesting, I never thought that someone will consider certain coin name lucky and will name their coin accordingly.
Also having a silly name may affect attracting community. I personally do not invest in the coins with those kind of name. I think because of that I missed out on fuck token airdrop.
Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:53:10 AM

I also don't think that the name of the cryptocurrency can significantly affect the price. I think that the most important are advertising, currency development strategy and popularity. They will directly affect the price.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:06:18 AM

The name can surely affect the price negatively.  Coins with profanity or offensive names will never be accepted by the public. 
pokeviktor

Activity: 562
Merit: 251

ALCEDO

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:08:29 AM

The name of the project does not directly affect the price, but it is also very important to choose a remarkable and memorable name that represents the project well. A right name is an important influence that brings you to the fore among hundreds of options. Than people then decide by looking at project details.

██
      ████
     ██████
    ███████
    ████████
    █████████
    ██████████    ███████
    ███████████ █████  ████
     ███████████████████████████
      ██████████████████
       ████████████████
     ████████████████
  █████████████████████
  █████████ ██████████████
    █████     ██████████████
      ██        ███████████████
                   ██████████████
                      █████████

████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
|Making Cryptocurrencies
Accessible
For Everyone!
| |
Website
Twitter
Facebook

ANN
Bounty
Telegram

orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:09:25 AM

I almost have the same thought with you but i dont make new topic.
I think the name affect to its price but only small percentage around 10% support.
And 90% is the quality of project make its price high.

dealung

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:13:44 AM

I'm not sure his name will affect the price. The most important is the solution to solve the problem and also their roadmap, the market can also affect the price. I think the etc will go up like eth, but only up 20% - 30% of the current price, maybe up to $25.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:19:10 AM

Name does help.

For example, i would rather own "monero" than "bitmonero" or "omni" instead of "mastercoin". However, i don't think that reusing bitcoin's name really makes a coin any more special. Naming would probably account for around 10% of the coin, with the rest being development and community.

These coins you've mentioned are all forks of bitcoin/ethereum. Thees have value mainly because of the people behind these projects.

Xaad

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:31:14 AM

may B. A very good suggestion for the investors by you. Name of the coin plays a major role in it's success
hell3r

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:46:47 AM

Technically it doesnt affect the price, what affects the price is the background, the people behind it and the project they are promoting to the mainstream. If all of this are shit, Now the name affects the coin, sometimes there are coins with good names but shit project, and a little sum of investors invest to their project, some have bad names but very good project. The name doesnt matter if the project is good and will be profitable for the future, if its not, then it matters.
semar nyengir

Activity: 113

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:51:29 AM

and I am convinced if the bitcoin is not there maybe altcoin also will not appear and there will be no digital currency.etherium is indeed uphill very fast and whether you will follow etherium to invest Huh
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:52:08 AM

Name effects, but not always. I have seen the tokens named similar to Bitcoin and ETHEREUM are getting more attraction by buyer and sellers.
Donned

Activity: 196

Distributed Credit Chain

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:59:41 AM

If their names are not entrained with bitcoin, they may now say that their prices are zero. It is just like the celebrity effect that they have made profits and I condemn it.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: