Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do the name affect to the price???  (Read 641 times)
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:42:50 AM

There are lots of selling techniques to have a higher sales and having a good and attractive name is one of them. If the name attracts the costumers or buyers the demand will be high but the price will high if the supply is low. I think the name is slightly affects the price of the certain cryptocurrency but it needs a good project and the other selling techniques. If the cryptocurrency reach the highest demand, I think it will boom the price. Name affects the price but it should be accompanied by other techniques to make a cryptocurrency successful.
I agree, the name alone does not affect the price, a few years back when people didn't know shit they would ahve fallen for another cheap product made by a big company, today people ahave learned from past experiences and a long trial and error and they usally they don't rush in just for a product from a big name company, take for exemple bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold, these tow crypto currencies were derived from the bitcoin, they haven't been successfull at launch but when the devs lowers their mining difficulty they started having some progress, and that proves this point.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:49:24 AM

Pulling more investors is making your brand look like the original one. Naming their coins with "bitcoin" or any another popular alt coin like "eth" will have them big chances of putting their coin on the trend.

There's no guarantee that they can make it since there are some coins that has same name with bitcoin but it wasn't able to make it and if you are familiar with bitcoin unlimited, that's what I'm talking.

Naming the coin with popular ones do really affects the price of it. But still the whole thing is what we should consider about that coin before investing into such branded altcoin.

desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:54:01 AM

trade is 50%+ psychology. so yes, the name and the timing and the environment and the sender of an information is important.
why do you think so many ico show and introduce members of their advisory boards? (sometimes invented i guess)
only to show, yes we have names and professionals an board. name influence more than you think.
name your coin TRASHCAN or GOLDCAN...
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 09:56:52 AM

LOL. This question should be asked to magic people — those who deal with cards, astrology and whatnot. The names with Bitcoin simply say that these alts are the result of a fork. No, the name cannot affect the price.  Smiley
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:40:33 PM

LOL. This question should be asked to magic people — those who deal with cards, astrology and whatnot. The names with Bitcoin simply say that these alts are the result of a fork. No, the name cannot affect the price.  Smiley
Yeah correct they use the name bitcoin because it's a fork.
The name bitcoin will ring a bell so I think it really helps. However it all depends on how great the new idea is. It will become shitcoin even if it bear the name bitcoin if people will not support.
Fizpok

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:42:31 PM

The distippline studying it is called phonosemantics Smiley
But hype is stronger.

Ethereum Programming Guide
Create Solidity contracts: Step-by Step Hands-on Guides.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:47:39 PM

Yes, i think the name of a coin does have an effect on the price. Just look at Bitcoin Gold or Bitcoin Cash. But i think the marketing does have a bigger effect on the price of a coin.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:59:49 PM

It does affect the price, sadly most of the users above didnt agree with that.
I will give you an example.
If I am a newbie and I got 2k uSD. Because of the confusion that it made I might be going to the wrong crypto instead of just bitcoin.
Even if it could happen 1/100 a day it will still bring the other biitcoin name user to a pump.
I dont about you guys but why do you think other companies are copying those item name which are popular. It is for that reason only.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: