Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie...is it possible to recover the lost coins  (Read 467 times)
rajsenthil (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:07:43 AM

Hello, I made a mistake today and trying to correct it if possible.
1. I bought some QSP coins(at binance) using bitcoin
2. Sent (mistakenly) those QSP  to my freewallet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eth.org.freewallet.app app. The address used is the right one.
3. It looks like the freewallet does not support or show QSP coins.  Sad
4. The transaction on Binance show it is successful.  Roll Eyes

Is there any possible way to recover the QSP coins from freewallet or lost forever? Your input or experience is appreciated.

Thank you,
Senthil

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InsightCryp.to

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:33:24 AM

2. Sent (mistakenly) those QSP  to my freewallet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eth.org.freewallet.app app. The address used is the right one.
3. It looks like the freewallet does not support or show QSP coins.  Sad
4. The transaction on Binance show it is successful.  Roll Eyes

Is there any possible way to recover the QSP coins from freewallet or lost forever? Your input or experience is appreciated.

Thank you,
Senthil

Hi, if you did not get the QSP coins due to unsupported wallet. You should contact QSP, ask them that you have bought QSP Coins  using Binance and it shows it is successful. Just simply tell them that the wallet that you used does not support their Token, ask them if you could get refunded, or at least, ask them if you can create a supported QSP wallet, so they could send your coins to that new address.. I hope it helps!

:white_circle: WHIRL :white_circle:
SOCIALLY DRIVEN PAY-IT-FORWARD CROWDFUNDING PLATFORM
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 06:33:56 AM

Wow, sorry to hear of your misfortune, hooefully it was a small amount.

Generally speaking, coins are not recoverable unless the person receiving the coins in error sends them back to you.

In this case you need to call QSP and see if they'll refund your transaction.

Good luck to you!
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:59:30 PM

Thank you InsightCryp.to and HabBear for the reply. I contacted the QSP team and waiting for their reply.
I will update if there is any progress.
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:09:55 PM

2. Sent (mistakenly) those QSP  to my freewallet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eth.org.freewallet.app app. The address used is the right one.
3. It looks like the freewallet does not support or show QSP coins.  Sad
4. The transaction on Binance show it is successful.  Roll Eyes

Thank you,
Senthil

You will have to contact Freewallet and ask them nicely if they can recover the coins for you or give you the private key to that corresponding public address, but I highly doubt they will give it to you.
As seen in this thread freewallet claims that they are "We're currently working on a way to enable exporting/importing private keys without losing the benefits of the cold storage technology we offer; this feature should be available soon."

So you will have to wait for them to implement the "export private keys" feature.
Once you have the private key, you can retrieve QSP coins on https://www.myetherwallet.com .

And also, its not recommended to use online wallet where you don't have control of the private key(s) for long term storage.
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:33:50 PM

Thanks kahc. From the thread you have referred, I sent an PM to the user "Freewallet" and waiting for any reply.

2. Sent (mistakenly) those QSP  to my freewallet https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eth.org.freewallet.app app. The address used is the right one.

Thank you,
Senthil

You will have to contact Freewallet and ask them nicely if they can recover the coins for you or give you the private key to that corresponding public address, but I highly doubt they will give it to you.
As seen in this thread freewallet claims that they are "We're currently working on a way to enable exporting/importing private keys without losing the benefits of the cold storage technology we offer; this feature should be available soon."

So you will have to wait for them to implement the "export private keys" feature.
Once you have the private key, you can retrieve QSP coins on https://www.myetherwallet.com .

And also, its not recommended to use online wallet where you don't have control of the private key(s) for long term storage.
disantes

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:37:29 PM

it depends on : how much and where ; if the amount is huge i would say "yes" if not just forget it brother  Sad

D5zHUrjLZSK8AjkzUwvRoNqbbxmfN51tAn
mrdrumspin

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:09:52 AM

i dont think there is a way. but we may both get surprised i hope. good luck brother!
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:22:14 AM

it depends on : how much and where ; if the amount is huge i would say "yes" if not just forget it brother  Sad
I do not understand how the amount here makes the difference. Could you please elaborate?
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:35:19 PM

I am yet to get the replies from freewallet or QSP.
For now posted the query to reddit
mirte86

Activity: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 06:59:59 PM

I had the same problem, I also bought bitcoins and then after I wanted to change wallet but I per accident pressed on the button bitcoin cash and then I lost the money. So I would say you cannot recover.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:21:04 PM

Today I got a reply from freewallet support.
They could identify the transaction and replied that it may take a week to process refund.
So there is a much better hope to recover now finally.
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:08:36 PM

Finally, I got the QSP coins in the wallet. The freewallet support team is good and when I made a followup, I got to see those coins in the wallet.

Thanks to the forum and the users (especially kahc) for the input. That helped me a lot to initiate the recovery.

Thank you,
Senthil

jaeden1024

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:24:54 PM

Youll be able to recover it just message qsp support team about your concern and provide all the things they needed for you to recover or to get back your qsp coins.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: