Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:17:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Limit CPU usage percentage  (Read 3257 times)
Vaulter98c (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 05:25:45 AM

Hi, been trying to search and can't find the details I need here or on google, but I know it's gotta be somewhere, maybe I'm just looking wrong

Anyways, using guiminer with ufasoft bulit in, what flags do I need to limit my CPU usage? I tried reducing my core count from 6 (of 8, 2 for GPU) to 3, every other one, and windows says that worked, but it still gets too close to TJMax (Laptop in Iraq lol)

How can I set it so I go like 60% on the 6 cores I use?

Thanks
theowalpott

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 08:09:38 AM

Would it not make more sense to underclock the cpus to 60%?

1FwGATm6eU5dSiTp2rpazV5u3qwbx1fuDn
Vaulter98c (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 08:39:02 AM

I cant over or underclock, its a new sandy bridge laptop, it's locked and has turbo.

It defaults to 100% on however many cores I use but that's too much and gets too close to overheating for me. I just want to limit the CPU usage, so it can't go over 60% per core, or whatever number ends up keeping the temps managable
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2011, 02:23:56 PM

Just set the CPU affinity to only use one core, and turn off hyperthreading in the BIOS. Then you can make your .001 BTC per day.

There is no GPU OpenCL for Intel, so I don't know why your post refers to GPU: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-sdk-frequently-asked-questions/#9

9. Does Intel® OpenCL SDK support the Intel® Processor Graphics (integrated graphics)?
This version of SDK supports only OpenCL CPU Device. Intel is evaluating when and where OpenCL support will intercept our products, including processor graphics, but no announcement has been made.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: