Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:37:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send armory signed transaction without armory?  (Read 3340 times)
justanickname (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 10:03:15 PM

My Armory is not working any more.
I have a signed transaction which was created
and was signed offline with Armory.
I am trying to broadcast it here:
http://blockchain.info/pushtx
But I don't know exactly how to do it.
Just copy paste the transaction text won't do of course....
What parts of the armory transaction I need to erase for it to work?
Thanks
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 10:40:05 PM

(1) If you could not successfully broadcast a transaction despite being online, I need your help.  I've heard about a couple other people with this problem, and I need to narrow it down.  I suspect it may have to do with the more-recent versions of Bitcoin-Qt not liking certain signatures made by older versions of Armory.  If you have any more information about why it's not working, please let me know.  If it's that Armory can't even synchronize at all... well I know about that problem already (but since you got an unsigned transaction to be able to be signed, I suspect you did synchronize properly...)

(2) If you switch Armory to "Expert" usermode (might be in "Advanced" too, I don't know), on the window where you would normally broadcast your transaction, there's a button that says "Copy Final Tx (Hex)".  This should give you the raw transaction that can be plugged into any broadcast utility.  You're right that the raw text shown in the text box is not compatible with anything else, but the raw hex should be.  Let me know if that doesn't work.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
justanickname (OP)

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the explanation.
In my case my PC is 64bit , 4GB Ram, windows. It is not strong enough to run armory online wallet.
When I am "lucky" It works for 30 seconds before it crashes. Most of the time it crashes before it finish its sync
But now I was lucky and was able to broadcast the signed transaction in these 30 seconds.
So the problem you described is not my case.
testconpastas2

Activity: 199

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:43:54 PM

I cannot send a signed transaction what i got from an offline armory client. (old version)

when i press broadcast botton and ask me for the password it tries but it lost connection with bitcoin-qt for a sec  and then transaction stands incomplete

My pc w7pro 64bits 8gb RAM

my online armory is up to date but i tryed too 0.8.7.2  

i can send you a log file if you want

Bitmessage: BM-2DAetLWJBKWHZoPbNCgg5z8jwaPpDYWwd4
gpg key id:C6EF5CE3
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 03:20:23 AM

I cannot send a signed transaction what i got from an offline armory client. (old version)

when i press broadcast botton and ask me for the password it tries but it lost connection with bitcoin-qt for a sec  and then transaction stands incomplete

My pc w7pro 64bits 8gb RAM

my online armory is up to date but i tryed too 0.8.7.2  

i can send you a log file if you want

This is a problem I've heard a couple people have (the disconnect immediately after trying to send).  Would you mind sending me the transaction that failed to send?  I need to check a hypothesis of mine, but I need a tx that failed.  I wouldn't mind the log file, too Smiley

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
testconpastas2

Activity: 199

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:39:30 AM

Armory offline version: 0.75.1-alpha ( I know I know...)
Armory online version: 0.87.2-beta   I downgraded from the last due to a few issues

I guess that upgrading my "ancient" offline client things will probably go well.

But I'm sending by PM the log and the tx file if they can be useful to you.

Regards.

Bitmessage: BM-2DAetLWJBKWHZoPbNCgg5z8jwaPpDYWwd4
gpg key id:C6EF5CE3
chrcoe01

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:25:07 PM

This should give you the raw transaction that can be plugged into any broadcast utility.  You're right that the raw text shown in the text box is not compatible with anything else, but the raw hex should be.  Let me know if that doesn't work.

I didn't want to keep cluttering the main discussion thread with my scripting questions etotheipi, so i did a search and this is the only mention I found of Copy Final Tx (HEX) on this forum so I will post this final (hopefully) question here.

after much sifting through sample code, I believe I have everything how I want it except I wanted to clarify my thoughts on creating a finalized raw transaction that has been signed offline.

I want to have the output be saved as both armory's ascii format and also in a raw hex format that can be broadcast via any broadcast service such as blockchain's pushtx.  I have the ascii format figured out and I think I have found the raw hex format while browsing GUI code:

Code:
binary_to_hex(txdp.prepareFinalTx().serialize())

I've written that output to a file and I believe it is correct, but I wanted to be sure and I am unsure of how to test it without actually broadcasting the transaction (currently I do not have the coins to play with!)  It seems like this is similar code to when the Copy Final Tx (HEX) button is pressed when you are about to broadcast an offline transaction from the online armory client.

"You may delay, but time will not, and lost time is never found again." -Benjamin Franklin
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 04:27:45 PM

This should give you the raw transaction that can be plugged into any broadcast utility.  You're right that the raw text shown in the text box is not compatible with anything else, but the raw hex should be.  Let me know if that doesn't work.

I didn't want to keep cluttering the main discussion thread with my scripting questions etotheipi, so i did a search and this is the only mention I found of Copy Final Tx (HEX) on this forum so I will post this final (hopefully) question here.

after much sifting through sample code, I believe I have everything how I want it except I wanted to clarify my thoughts on creating a finalized raw transaction that has been signed offline.

I want to have the output be saved as both armory's ascii format and also in a raw hex format that can be broadcast via any broadcast service such as blockchain's pushtx.  I have the ascii format figured out and I think I have found the raw hex format while browsing GUI code:

Code:
binary_to_hex(txdp.prepareFinalTx().serialize())

I've written that output to a file and I believe it is correct, but I wanted to be sure and I am unsure of how to test it without actually broadcasting the transaction (currently I do not have the coins to play with!)  It seems like this is similar code to when the Copy Final Tx (HEX) button is pressed when you are about to broadcast an offline transaction from the online armory client.

This is what testnet is for! Smiley

Run Armory with the "--testnet" flag (two dashes), and then in the settings tell it that you will manage Bitcoin-Qt yourself.  Then start Bitcoin-Qt with the "-testnet" flag (one dash).  Once it's all synchronized, start Armory, and create a new testnet wallet.  Once you have a wallet, you can get some free testnet coins from:  http://tpfaucet.appspot.com/

Everything that you can do on the main network you should be able to do from here.  So get some coins and test it!

arorts

Activity: 408
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:32:44 AM

I created an unsigned transaction in Electrum with a watch-only wallet that had the same master public key than my offline Armory wallet.
The problem is that Armory doesn't let me sign it offline. It doesn't seem to understand the transaction format From Electrum.

What can I do? Is there any way to easily convert the transaction  to a format that Armory can understand? and then viceversa to convert it to Electrum format or Blockchain.info format for broadcasting?
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:23:43 PM

Is there a way to broadcast a signed armory transaction (initiated from a watch only account and signed by an offline wallet)  

Ideally I would like to broadcast from my phones internet connection (I would love an armory broadcast Android app. Smiley )

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:52:38 PM

Admittedly, we should've made this easier.  It's because Armory uses it's own format for transaction data, in order to do offline transaction signing securely (the raw unsigned transaction alone is not enough to securely verify the transaction details).   So we have to explicitly convert it to be useful for other services.

There's two ways to get the fully-signed transaction.  One is to load it into the offline wallets interface where you normally sign or broadcast.  If you are in expert usermode, there will be a button that says "Copy Raw Tx (hex)".  That copies the hex transaction to the clipboard, which can then be paste into, say, https://blockchain.info/pushtx.   The other way is when viewing the transaction details (the dialog that shows the inputs and outputs), there will be a button on the bottom for copying the raw transaction (again, only in expert usermode). 

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:10:20 PM

Thanks,
I was able to re-broadcast a transaction that was not originally broadcast when armory processed the transaction (great to have that functionality.) Thanks. Almost immediately I wanted the ability to broadcast signed transactions from a location other than my offline and online watch only armory clients.

I'll test https://blockchain.info/pushtx and see if that works, thanks for the link.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: