Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:37:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Price of Bitcoin explained by economic theory  (Read 233 times)
freightjoe (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:20:38 AM

For any investors out there looking for the economic theory proving the current price of Bitcoin, that is very simple to find.

In short: The greater fool theory states that the price of an object is determined not by its intrinsic value, but rather by irrational beliefs and expectations of market participants. A price can be justified by a rational buyer under the belief that another party is willing to pay an even higher price. In other words, one may pay a price that seems "foolishly" high because one may rationally have the expectation that the item can be resold to a "greater fool" later.

You can see it here: http://www.investorglossary.com/greater-fool-theory.htm

For the investors in here - are you the fool or are you the greater fool ?

Bigmacduck

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:28:46 AM

Looks like there are a lot of fools out there.  Just checked on coinmarketcap.com and it seems that 92 out of the top 100 crypto coins and tokens are raising in price. It looks like a mass phenomenon.

This is scary because there is no differentiation made between coins. This bubbling of the whole market is bad for bitcoin and will lead to a massive profit taking sell-off.
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:37:08 AM

Looks like there are a lot of fools out there.  Just checked on coinmarketcap.com and it seems that 92 out of the top 100 crypto coins and tokens are raising in price. It looks like a mass phenomenon.

This is scary because there is no differentiation made between coins. This bubbling of the whole market is bad for bitcoin and will lead to a massive profit taking sell-off.

Agree
Gasolined

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:39:09 AM

difficult to say. Many economic investors have turned to bitcoin investments. And not all of them succeed. Nearly all the theories in the stock market are not applicable to bitcoin
tulakill

Activity: 28
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:41:12 AM

with bitcoin. It has overcome the limitations of economic jargon. Very few people can explain that bitcoin will increase or decrease by looking at bitcoin graphs. It's hard to predict
Bigmacduck

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:46:06 AM

I think that one of the reasons is that a lot of lesser financially educated people are demanding bitcoin. We are at the point that millions of people try to grab fractions of bitcoin or any other crypto asset they can buy. As long as it has to do something with crypto or blockchain it is bought.

I bought most of my cryptos more that one year ago, some 2 years ago. I withstand the temptation to buy more at these prices and ride it out, hodling.
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:54:35 AM

i am a investors too, and im not belong to that any fools youve mentioning above because i bought my bitcoin when the price of it is very cheap, and even those tokens and altcoins i bought it in a low price, and now they are all pumping and getting me more profits. i think the fools are those newbie that bought coins when the price is too high. Grin
hieuskyer99

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:44:01 AM

Explain incremental bitcoin, based on economic theory.
I do not think it's completely stand by because looking at the bitcoin graph does not tell that
this is my opinions
howard.ashoul

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 09:45:16 AM

Why are you starting all these threads stating, that BTC is scam, doomed and it will fail? Why are you so interested in posting it?  Huh Don't like it, just leave.

My cryptocurrency portfolio: http://www.coinparator.com/. Track your coins rates for free, no registration!
freightjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:52:08 AM

Why are you starting all these threads stating, that BTC is scam, doomed and it will fail? Why are you so interested in posting it?  Huh Don't like it, just leave.

If just 1 person in here realizes that it is time to get out and manages to sell and thereby rescue his savings, then it has been worthwhile

For the religious hodlers in here, you can do what you want and I will not be sorry for you when you lose your savings as you have been duly warned.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: