Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:22:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000 hard forks in 2018  (Read 934 times)
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:13:57 PM

Hard forks is now replacing ICOs as a way to raise funds

In 2017 there have been more than 1000 ICOs

This means that in 2018 we could see more than 1000 hard forks - creating chaos

https://cointelegraph.com/news/developers-begin-turning-to-hard-forks-for-fundraising-rather-than-icos
It only creates chaos when people choose to use the ICOs or give them value, why would you not simply ignore them and make them value-less? It's a whole lot easier than trying to play games and keep track of what's going on with forks everywhere. I haven't even heard of Bitcoin Red or whatever it was, and what do you know, the value of it is in the shitter in comparison. Just ignore the forks, don't play the games and everything goes fine. People will choose to use them or to not based on their personal choices.

I think the reason why they are not ignoring ICOs or Forks is because there is free money after that but yes, some are fails meaning even if you get something from them but there is no value in selling those gained coins. I think if this year we have ICO and HARD FORKS in 2018 there will be a new name , new way but same purpose like ICO or Hardfork.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:16:27 PM

To me, such bitcoin fork is just another alt coin, so 1000 hard forks is just another 1000 alt coins. But these 1000 alt coins will airdrop to bitcoin holder. If this is the predicted trends then I will hold more bitcoin later  Grin
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:17:21 PM

Hey if I get free coins for each one which I hodl or resell for bitcoin I'm not complaining at all.

This ridiculous expansion in random coins is a natural part of growth, the next step is contraction and partnerships (absorption).

I actually in a way it's the investors who are going to make some good money, I can choose to keep the new coins that's brought by these forks and when their value rises I can sell and make some good money. I got it for free so making some cash out of it is no problem at all.
Paecga129

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:18:38 PM

Seriously. What is wrong with hard forks? It is free and if you don't like it then don't claim or simply dump it. When a hard forked coin does nothing and cannot present developments and solid platform then it will cease to exist. Not a problem actually.
I know you're aware that hard fork, which is a change of base code cannot be without problems! Aside from the risk of successful transition and implementation, there's reduction in the capitalization of the original version and the community also gets divided thus weakening its support, the backbone for any coin. Taking the case of Bitcoin, the hard forks were attempts to hijack the Bitcoin brand name, because of its economic status and Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x are just 3 ways of saying one and same thing!

I don't think that Bitcoin Cash was an attempt to hijack Bitcoin and here is why...

To hijack Bitcoin would be to use the same name as Bitcoin, not create a new brand and call it something else and then try to claim that it is the real Bitcoin, this makes no sense and I don't understand why they think people will believe it is the real Bitcoin when it has a different name. hahaha
scottykarate

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:50:57 PM

1000 forks in 2017 and the price hit 800% increase, are you saying that in 2018 bitcoin will do the same because of these forks? hard forks are not doing any negative in bitcoin because bitcoin will always be bitcoin.

This is what I'm starting to think. Each time a fork happens, people mostly ditch their free coins and put it into BTC since it gives a better ROI than most crypto.
I guess it is in some ways a good thing to have these forks as it solidifies the BTC name and brings in more investment that may not have happened otherwise.
scottykarate

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:53:04 PM

Seriously. What is wrong with hard forks? It is free and if you don't like it then don't claim or simply dump it. When a hard forked coin does nothing and cannot present developments and solid platform then it will cease to exist. Not a problem actually.
I know you're aware that hard fork, which is a change of base code cannot be without problems! Aside from the risk of successful transition and implementation, there's reduction in the capitalization of the original version and the community also gets divided thus weakening its support, the backbone for any coin. Taking the case of Bitcoin, the hard forks were attempts to hijack the Bitcoin brand name, because of its economic status and Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold and Segwit2x are just 3 ways of saying one and same thing!

I don't think that Bitcoin Cash was an attempt to hijack Bitcoin and here is why...

To hijack Bitcoin would be to use the same name as Bitcoin, not create a new brand and call it something else and then try to claim that it is the real Bitcoin, this makes no sense and I don't understand why they think people will believe it is the real Bitcoin when it has a different name. hahaha

I think the thing with Bitcoin Cash a few weeks ago may have been. However, SegWit2x was the real attempt.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:47:06 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2017, 07:01:38 AM by ladydark

Hard forks is now replacing ICOs as a way to raise funds

In 2017 there have been more than 1000 ICOs

This means that in 2018 we could see more than 1000 hard forks - creating chaos

https://cointelegraph.com/news/developers-begin-turning-to-hard-forks-for-fundraising-rather-than-icos

We could see that OP is continuously creating negative topics against bitcoin.I think that hard forks are nowadays losing their importance.Few days earlier,people eagerly expected hard forks for free air drops.But they were very much disappointed with bitcoin gold.It is said to be a scam project with most of coins premined.So,there would be no threat for bitcoin due to hard forks in the future.

littlewizard

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:55:09 PM

This is because too many people lose money in ICO, they do not trust ICO anymore.
In order to get people interested, they need to get something new for people to invest, and now the new stuff is forking away bitcoin.
When people lose money during these hard forks, they will continue to move to something else.
cryptomeocon

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:08:39 AM

Thank you for your infomation
pootutus

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:14:38 AM

This year can be considered the first year of the fork, and maybe next year it will be the age of the big bang. But I don't really care about these forks. I think they're just comparing special coins. It is impossible to replace bitcoin.
gudrun

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:16:57 AM

there are many bad ico. and also a lot of good ico. If you are a smart investor, you should find out before investing in a certain ico. Do not let the profits fool you. Good luck
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:17:09 AM

Forks are made for the upgrade, the way of development of bitcoin but in these case people are turning that development and upgrade away, making it a way to earn a lot of people.

If they're project or goals are really good, there are a lot of other platforms they can make those tokens. People will still be investing on those if it is really interesting and a very good project. If this will be the case, I can see a lot of people being pissed with every week, you can see a lot of forks out of bitcoin, it will not only affect users and holders but also the price.
browder07

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:18:43 AM

If you do not distinguish bad ico and good ico. You should not invest in bitcoin. think hard A lot of good ico for you investment. And you have a large amount of money, but otherwise, you will lose money when investing in a bad ico
wilhb81

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 02:20:35 AM

This is because too many people lose money in ICO, they do not trust ICO anymore.
In order to get people interested, they need to get something new for people to invest, and now the new stuff is forking away bitcoin.
When people lose money during these hard forks, they will continue to move to something else.

Indeed, people shifting fast from one phase to another, if they find out that the thing they invest is not bringing in profit. All these terms - "Initial Crowd Offering" & "hard forks" are just only various forms to attract more investors join the "party boat"  Grin

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: