Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:36:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dumb question: Is there a better mining program than Claymore?  (Read 293 times)
Mikaelxiong (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:02:35 AM

I'm new to mining and I'm just wondering if there are other algo's that does a similar thing as Claymore.  Like Claymore's competitor or proprietary algo that people use?   Curious, common sense tells me that Claymore is not the only program that can write program.  Thank you for enlightening me!
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:15:08 AM

I'm new to mining and I'm just wondering if there are other algo's that does a similar thing as Claymore.  Like Claymore's competitor or proprietary algo that people use?   Curious, common sense tells me that Claymore is not the only program that can write program.  Thank you for enlightening me!

Sure thing, a Lot of mining app out there. if you have a certain coin candidate for mining you could go to that coins official site and will probably tell you recommended mining app you will use, so is true with mining pools, they have support page and recommended miners.

fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:15:57 AM

Claymore is definitely a great miner and not the only one. The Claymore is used for common algorithms/coins - Monero, Etherium (and dual) and Zcash with a forks. Some coins use algorithms that only support Ssgminer with modifications.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 10:34:32 AM

You might be a little confused here, or used wrong wording. Either way, a hashing algorithm is something that is used for Proof-of-Work. Claymore's miner is just that, a miner.
That said, it really depends on what GPU you're using and what coin you want to mine. I'd say it's reasonable to assume that Cast XMR for Vega GPUs is better than Claymore's XMR miner for example.
Do some research on the miners that are available for the GPUs you have/plan to use & coin you want to mine and you'll find the best miner yourself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: