Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:45:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FeatherCoin WorldCoin PhenixCoin - Now Partnering  (Read 3009 times)
justabitoftime (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:04:39 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 12:32:43 AM by justabitoftime

I'm so proud to announce that Feathercoin, Worldcoin and Phenixcoin are partnering to develop services targeted at the mainstream consumer. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to work with these professionals. The currency landscape is changing, we're ready to help set the new path.  I know there is bound to be a lot of questions, please stay tuned. Smiley  Further announcements coming soon.

Worldcoin's Announcement

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245978

Phenixcoin's Announcement

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245994.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 12:10:57 AM

Great news.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
Tropical Rain

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:13:25 AM

After spending much time researching all out there, including these 3. I am fairly excited to hear about this.

I love the team behind PhenixCoin, there are simply amazing with all they they have accomplished in a short amount of time.

I have always appreciated the FTC team, I wished they would have done more to keep the price from crashing on BtCe, I dont think it will die out though.

Now, I havent seen the kind of dedication and development from WDC, but for some reason a lot of supporters hopped onto the coin.

So, we will still have all 3 coins?

How is development going to benefit all 3 at the same time?

Why hold on to all 3, why not join forces on 1 coin?
Eli0t

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:35:03 AM

Phoenix Feather World, for all your luxury bedding needs

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 12:40:34 AM

Nice.

Let's get some action over to the Feathercoin Lotto - with this new announcement we will be looking at adding WDC and PXC  ASAP!
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:23:17 AM

Maybe have a community forum called "Phenixfeatherworld.com"? Lol

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
Tropical Rain

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:27:22 AM

I love FTC and PXC, but I just dont see how this would be very productive.........

You cant implement all into all 3 coins to be exactly alike, its better to put all the effort into 1 single coin..
 I dont know how you guys will do it or what you have planned, but best of luck anyways...
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:32:17 AM

I love FTC and PXC, but I just dont see how this would be very productive.........

You cant implement all into all 3 coins to be exactly alike, its better to put all the effort into 1 single coin..
 I dont know how you guys will do it or what you have planned, but best of luck anyways...

That's not what's happening. Each coin is being developed its individual way. The partnership is for things like help implementing a new code, increased publicity, constructive criticism, suggestions, etc. The coins aren't trying to all become the same thing. Basically, rather than being like other people who bash coins, we're deciding to try to benefit each other instead in an open manner.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
d2.cc

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 02:49:46 AM

Sweet!

Once upon a time
drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:56:38 AM

Pretty awesome!   Now I need more hardware to be able to mine all of them on top of ltc
justabitoftime (OP)

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:54:59 AM

It's nice to hear from you. I believe iamatrix did a great job explaining it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245994.msg2609148#msg2609148

Tropical Rain

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 05:46:28 AM

It's nice to hear from you. I believe iamatrix did a great job explaining it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245994.msg2609148#msg2609148
I read that, but it's just a "generic" response, no disrespect. It only says that you guys are keeping all 3 for good business...  It could reasonably go either way. I am in business, thats how I make my living, so I understand both sides.

But I would like to hear the Specific reason for doing so, and what is to come out of it in detail.

Im not saying either way is bad or good, who knows at this point, you just have to pick a path and take it, take it and push it the best you can.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 07:20:48 AM

i personally think this is pretty awesome news Smiley
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 07:58:59 AM

This partnership is good, but in the build up to the announcement the FTC guys were making a point about the partners being the "Top Tier" of alt coins (after Litecoin and Bitcoin). Example: http://youtu.be/fxl942dFhn0?t=4m20s

WDC & PXC have potential but to say they're top tier, but not NMC and PPC, or even TRC and DVC, is... interesting.

Sunny King is publicly receptive to such a partnership. Are more partners to be announced, or did talks fall through, or did the FTC guys know the partners during the buildup?

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 01:44:42 PM

Having 3 competing coins with different specifications supporting each other in a partnership is going to be as confusing as fuck to people. Consumers like simplicity.

I also feel people like you and I are being kept in the dark here. I hold worldcoins and there was no chance for public debate whether we should enter this 'partnership' or what it entails (even now after the announcement it's still very unclear with no concrete examples).
justabitoftime (OP)

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 02:32:36 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2013, 03:04:38 PM by justabitoftime

I wanted to share some thoughts from the different teams (more to come):

Bushstar - Feathercoin

"We had a very interesting meeting yesterday with a few people from each coin present. Everyone at the meeting was serious and very professional about what we are doing and what we want to achieve. Together we have the opportunity to do so much more, so much quicker than we could do alone.

Besides, coins working together is pretty much unheard of Smiley"

iamatrix - Phenix (Not directed at any one person, just a general statement made here)

" Untrue, a coin does not have to "innovative", it has to work. What has to be innovative is what is provided for the coin.

Everyone here seems to want to see the next "cool" thing.. Why? So you have a cool coin? John Q Public does not understand the last one.

Dropping our coins to do one coin would be business suicide, PXC has not been around very long, but our users were promised something and they will get it.

I'm not here to impress you on how cool or innovative a coin is, I am here for business, pure and simple. If you want to be l33t, go for it, and I wish you luck.

I am here to make money, for my self, my partners and my users.

If I see an opportunity like this partnership, to move my business forward faster, I will take it.

Having entities that look like competitors from the outside, working together towards a common goal to further an industry, is common place in business.

I know your not used to the concept yet, because of how things are currently done, but that will change.

M."

A number of great posts starting to trickle in, I wanted to share 2.  As to PPC, Bushstar has been in contact with Sunny concerning an Advanced Checkpoint System.  We have much respect for PPC and Sunny, and we look to continue to work on projects now and in the future.  

rig007

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 03:48:40 PM

Well I guess we can make all our own judgments when we see what you guys have in store for the coins, especially pxc
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 03:57:41 PM

I'm so proud to announce that Feathercoin, Worldcoin and Phenixcoin are partnering to develop services targeted at the mainstream consumer. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to work with these professionals. The currency landscape is changing, we're ready to help set the new path.  I know there is bound to be a lot of questions, please stay tuned. Smiley  Further announcements coming soon.

Worldcoin's Announcement

Ha ha cya later FTC ,.

That's ok I dumped post attack.  Now we just wait for deilist from BTC- e ?

How time sifts the wheat from the chaff.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
rig007

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 04:05:22 PM

Worldcoin's Announcement

Ha ha cya later FTC ,.

FTC had a good short run, but I think most of their attention will be (and should be ) on pxc now.
justabitoftime (OP)

CoinTropolis

View Profile
June 29, 2013, 11:50:26 PM

Worldcoin's Announcement

Ha ha cya later FTC ,.

*Squeezes cheeks*  My grandmother would love you. You say the funniest things around here, I believe my quote for you earlier was "On a scale of 1 to Bob Marley, how high are you?".

To the sane people on the board, we look forward to your feedback as we start announcing joint services.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: