Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:31:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting more staff with more responsibilities  (Read 265 times)
TFIL (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:20:28 PM

So I've been trying to contact cyrus for a month now to recover my account. It's already been verified by another staff member in public (the signed address)

but I'm still waiting to hear off Cyrus I understand that hes busy and has a lot of requests and it will probably take a few months more to get a reply. it's not cyrus fault as I understand he has other responsibilities and hes getting several messages an hour about accounts going missing or have been hacked/banned etc.

So my request to theymos is to promote more staff members which are able to recover accounts or assign certain members like hilariousandco to recovering accounts for a period of time to clear the backlog that has been created.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:04:12 PM

So I've been trying to contact cyrus for a month now to recover my account. It's already been verified by another staff member in public (the signed address)

but I'm still waiting to hear off Cyrus I understand that hes busy and has a lot of requests and it will probably take a few months more to get a reply. it's not cyrus fault as I understand he has other responsibilities and hes getting several messages an hour about accounts going missing or have been hacked/banned etc.

So my request to theymos is to promote more staff members which are able to recover accounts or assign certain members like hilariousandco to recovering accounts for a period of time to clear the backlog that has been created.

Probably not going to happen. It would be extremely hard to find people that are A. willing to do the job and B. as trustworthy as current staff members.

Although i would agree to give current moderators such as hilariousandco access to restoring accounts, but then again, i'm not sure if he/other moderators would be really interested in doing that, considering the amount of bullshit they're already getting / trying to process on this forum...

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 01:50:41 PM

Improving post quality to reduce their workload might be a better solution. But the suggested methods seem to be ignored.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 02:42:18 PM

The fact that administrators (Cyrus in this case) allocate so little time to account recovery, makes it obvious that they don't add any sort of priority to it, and I can definitely understand that. For that reason we can't expect theymos to promote staff to a higher rank just because of this. People should take care of their accounts properly, and if they don't do so, regardless how annoying it is, they have to patiently wait for an admin to act. At this point there are far more important things for staff members to focus on than to recover accounts.
TFIL (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:42:21 PM

Improving post quality to reduce their workload might be a better solution. But the suggested methods seem to be ignored.

Well I'm asking for more staff being able to recover accounts rather than the issue with post quality.

The fact that administrators (Cyrus in this case) allocate so little time to account recovery, makes it obvious that they don't add any sort of priority to it, and I can definitely understand that. For that reason we can't expect theymos to promote staff to a higher rank just because of this. People should take care of their accounts properly, and if they don't do so, regardless how annoying it is, they have to patiently wait for an admin to act. At this point there are far more important things for staff members to focus on than to recover accounts.

A lot of the account which have been hacked were due to the compromise that the server suffered a few years ago. So I would of thought that it would be top priority to actually sort the compromised/lost accounts out. I'm not blaming theymos for the hack obviously I'm just frustrated that I've lost access and have been contacting cyrus for around a month.

I'm not sure if my account has been compromised or if I've simply lost the password as I can't remember when I used it last. It hasn't been posted on in a while now so I don't think the hacker is actively using it. I think hilariousandco has now blocked access to it too which will prevent any scamming etc.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:57:59 PM

Well I'm asking for more staff being able to recover accounts rather than the issue with post quality.

A lot of the account which have been hacked were due to the compromise that the server suffered a few years ago. So I would of thought that it would be top priority to actually sort the compromised/lost accounts out. I'm not blaming theymos for the hack obviously I'm just frustrated that I've lost access and have been contacting cyrus for around a month.

I'm not sure if my account has been compromised or if I've simply lost the password as I can't remember when I used it last. It hasn't been posted on in a while now so I don't think the hacker is actively using it. I think hilariousandco has now blocked access to it too which will prevent any scamming etc.

While this is true, if you have not used the account for 2+ years, why is it now so important? ( Yes, we all know the reason why) There were multiple warnings when the database occurred to immediately change your log in credentials. Accounts owners have to take some blame as well.
All that being said, Something needs to be done or notifications that the accounts will not be returned issues. Myself and others help where we can but it does take a lot of time to look into. Many try to pull fast ones with shoddy "proof" of ownership while others don't even bother to look for posted addresses.
I have suggested to a few Mods that I would be willing to help out but have not received any answer.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
TFIL (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:10:40 PM

While this is true, if you have not used the account for 2+ years, why is it now so important? ( Yes, we all know the reason why) There were multiple warnings when the database occurred to immediately change your log in credentials. Accounts owners have to take some blame as well.
All that being said, Something needs to be done or notifications that the accounts will not be returned issues. Myself and others help where we can but it does take a lot of time to look into. Many try to pull fast ones with shoddy "proof" of ownership while others don't even bother to look for posted addresses.
I have suggested to a few Mods that I would be willing to help out but have not received any answer.

It's been around a year since I've used the account maybe a little longer. So it isn't that long ago and if it is compromised then I'm unsure when this was compromised. The price that Bitcoin has hit now has renewed my interest and I don't really want to start from scratch when I already have an account.

I've received some great advice from a few people in my actual recovery thread and that's why I posted the signature publicly. It's already been verified by hilariousandco and I think he's locked the account too. So there's no shody evidence in my case.

I hope that theymos takes this into consideration and either delegates more responsibilities to existing staff members or allow certain members to verify and whitelist these sort of requests. I'm in no rush for the account but it would nice to have a reply that it's in the queue of getting recovered rather than wondering if they have seen the message.

I agree with taking responsibly too as theymos did warn multiple times to make sure your credentials are strong and you've changed them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: