Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Destroyed my life-bitcoin Investor  (Read 1031 times)
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:18:53 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 11:03:13 PM by filharvey

I think that he would have sold his bitcoins much earlier in panic as we could see bitcoin price to have crossed it and have reached very high price.Bitcoin investment should be mostly done as a long term investment.I hope that bitcoin has not yet disappointed any of its investors when compared to altcoins.Its quite clear that he has invested in bitcoin without actually knowing what it is.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Cardan0

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:32:25 PM

I'm going to be as honest and blunt as possible. You need to find better things to write on your website than Reddit stories from 3 years ago if you want it to succeed. That story is irrelevant today.
This is the original comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2keueb/my_thanks_to_you_all_bitcoin_has_changed_my_life/clkmqp9/
I hope this guy is in a better condition now. If he held his Bitcoin that would be $700k now.

On a side note, it now seems that we will truly be at 10k soon.

I think that the story is really bad, I mean as literature. However the message may be correct. Just invest what you can afford to loose. And that includes being able to loose it also in psychological terms.
tashnhova

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:33:29 PM

Unreal, moral of the story....HODL!
vicemi

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:34:29 PM

Unreal, moral of the story....HODL!

hodl the door? hodor?
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:54:31 AM

On hearing some stories of people becoming rich by investing their money in certain instrument; Suppose I am haviing one dollar in my pocket and after hearing those stories invest in that investment; but in case the result is not to my expectations; then It is not the fault of any other people or the said instrument for which I suffered losses; but it will be definitely the fault of myself because I just ran after the  crowd instead of doing my own research and when the people running ahead of me started falling in the well and I also fell and injurred badly.  It is not the fault of that crowd ; it is my fault.
If I expect that my one dollar will be multiplied 100 times by the end of the year after investment somewhere; there must of certain solid reasons behind it or else it will be just speculation.  And if it is speculation definitely I must get ready to suffer loss too, because in speculation one person wins only if the other losses otherwise how he can win.

On the  other hand if my investment is being used for manufacturing; trading business then there will be some gains but it will be certain percentage of my investment not 50 or 100 times.  So if we are investing with speculative motives we must be get ready for losses too otherwise; do study; research before investing and invest only the savings which you can afford to loss.
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 10:35:22 AM

That's a 3 year old story - if the guy hodled he'd now be a millionaire. What's the problem, and why it we discussing it now?

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

Guess our common sense should tell us that investing in anything is a double edged thing. It can work out greatly and it could also go south completely. However I dont think that this story really is relevant now, because the guy went in pretty cheap, but he could not hold as long as he needed to or he wasnt believing enough in what he invested. I think that one should eighter only invest what he is totally okay with to loose completely or invest, but with a lot of confidence in the investment and then also stick to it in bad times. If the guy held onto his coins, he will be near to a millionaire now.
cryptojoe

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:38:38 PM

I hope this guy is in a better condition now.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:51:02 PM

Thats an old article from 3-4 years ago because thats when the price went down to 350$. It is actually kind of stupid to invest all your life savings in only one thing that has a big risk of not being successful like Bitcoin. I dont think he studied that much before investing in bitcoin, he just read some articles and random comments on the online forums wich is stupid. If he would have had enough experience(that means if he would research more as he said)than today his bitcoins would worth millions.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 08:52:14 PM

Exactly, and this is not only happening with bitcoin, a lot of people are always "bindly-investing" in this that they do not understand a shit.
It's his own fault, invest all in only in an investment and trust overly confident speculation. Furthermore, he don't bother research what he gonna invest at all. Also, looks like the story is outdated.

I heard about a lot of people who bought IOTA at $4,80, and now they are there,with a price per IOTA or less than $3,50 each.

You need to verify and take care of everything before investing, of course.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
vukthewolfy

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:00:27 PM

I don't feel sorry for these people in slightest. And I don't say I won't be tempted to do the same in that situation, I probably would do, cause FOMO is really really huge when you start researching crypto, and I am affected by it for 2 months str8. The point is, this is not a childish game, for most people, savings of money are nothing but a savings of hard work, sweat, tears, and blood.

For the most part, the crypto world is gambling till it reaches worldwide adoption, and that will happen for 10 years if everything goes well. Till then, this is just a gambling.

GPLAY - 1# DECENTRALIZED P2P DIGITAL GAMING MARKETPLACE (https://gplaymarket.com)
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:19:32 PM

And it is still happened. A 10k dollar worth of crypto and more.

Soon it will not just be bitcoin at the top.
This crypto currencies have gone to heights where no one have predicted of.
They still think it is all a joke.
Well then, they have their own opinions and belief. Let them be.
tatnM

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:16:29 AM

People can lose their savings if they panic at the slightest drop in price. In trade, the most important is psychology. We need to start with a small amount if everything goes well, then increase the investment!
Cardan0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:43:26 PM

People can lose their savings if they panic at the slightest drop in price. In trade, the most important is psychology. We need to start with a small amount if everything goes well, then increase the investment!

Oh definitely, bitcoin cannot ruin your life, only you can ruin your life. It takes certain character to hodl when you have lost 30% of your investment. In other words, if you can´t take the heat, don´t go into the oven.
tententen

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:44:13 PM

The story of the compulsive gambler is a sad one.  Don't let that be you!
VeteranCoin

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:46:32 PM

For one to successfully navigate through the cryptocurrency space successfully he most be very well equipped to an extend about the danger of investing and trading the cryptocurrency market.But most traders out ignorance of how the financial world works will jump in without any sort of preparation or good financial advice from successful players in the industry. Cryptocurrency and other financial investment is a double edge sword and should be treated with causion.

Here we have a man(A redittor with username Myallmymoney) who is currently at his middle sixties who claims that investing in bitcoin jeopardized his life savings and know he has nothing to hold unto.

This Is His Story

Bitcoin destroyed my life.

I went all in at around $1000 with pretty much my whole life savings. I didn’t know much about Bitcoin and just like you i started reading here. Every day i read about how it was guaranteed to go to the moon and all these people getting rich overnight.
I asked many people if i still should get in at 1000 and got the same answer from everyone: 1000 is cheap. We will be at 10k soon.

Continue Reading >>>>>>>https://bitzamp.com/bitcoin-destroyed-life-bitcoin-investor/

You don't go all in into anything. You should always have a Plan B and Plan C in action and ready to go.
Cardan0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:51:05 PM

I recently heard about a Korean teenager that killed himself after loosing all his saving to Bitcoin. How many time do we have to say: invest only what you can afford to loose. And that means what you are emotionally prepared to loose.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:39:01 PM

For one to successfully navigate through the cryptocurrency space successfully he most be very well equipped to an extend about the danger of investing and trading the cryptocurrency market.But most traders out ignorance of how the financial world works will jump in without any sort of preparation or good financial advice from successful players in the industry. Cryptocurrency and other financial investment is a double edge sword and should be treated with causion.

Here we have a man(A redittor with username Myallmymoney) who is currently at his middle sixties who claims that investing in bitcoin jeopardized his life savings and know he has nothing to hold unto.

This Is His Story

Bitcoin destroyed my life.

I went all in at around $1000 with pretty much my whole life savings. I didn’t know much about Bitcoin and just like you i started reading here. Every day i read about how it was guaranteed to go to the moon and all these people getting rich overnight.
I asked many people if i still should get in at 1000 and got the same answer from everyone: 1000 is cheap. We will be at 10k soon.

Continue Reading >>>>>>>https://bitzamp.com/bitcoin-destroyed-life-bitcoin-investor/

if an correct this publication was made November 25, 2017. If the man I question actually invested when price was around 1k, he must have made a good profit by now already. During the time of his publication bitcoin was around $17-18k+
I don't understand why he's complaining of bitcoin ruin his life.

If you  are new to  Crypto please take time and do some research on your own. Don't take everything people from the forum tells you, some are base on hypes. Do your own research so you won't have anyone to blame.
yishak

Activity: 269

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:51:57 PM

Well that ur fault u cant balme it on bitcoin u should have invested more wisely and u shoould probably have known better to invest all of ur money u should atleast have some backup. like if it were me and if i had $1000 and if i wanted to invest i would probably have spent $750 first anf if things went south i would still have $250 left. so again i would chose to invest it. Hey thats just me. so for other people i would advise u not to invest all ur money at once have a little left as plan b
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:58:51 PM

It is a pity that he did not have sound knowledge of cryptocurrency before delving into it with all his life savings. He just followed the crowd. But all hope is
 not lost all he can do now is just to hold as Bitcoin will still move up to his entry point and surpass it and he will be in profit. All he  needs now is patient.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: