Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent ETH to Yobit ETC wallet by mistake  (Read 2320 times)
mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:29:37 PM

Hi Forum,

A mistake led me to sending ETH to Yobit's ETC wallet address.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Here are a few things that struck me as odd about Yobit.

1. I searched ETH in the wallet search bar, but ETC still showed up.  I realize ETC's full name is Ethereum Classic, but most exchanges will only show Ethereum when you search for ETH

2.  You need one BTC satoshi in your account to participate in the chat box.

3. I reached out to support and it took nearly a week to get a response.  I hadn't realized until after their response that I sent ETH to an ETC wallet.  Instead of offering suggestions to resolve the issue, they sent a response saying I had sent ETH to an ETC wallet and that's why my funds are not showing.  They closed the ticket.

I reached out to Exodus support which is where I sent my ETH from and they said that the exchange has full control of those ETH funds and that it would be possible for them to recover and refund them for me.

I have sent a follow-up to Yobit support.  I don't plan to use their exchange anymore after this experience.  Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for how to deal with them in trying to get back my ETH?  I sent 7 ETH so it's about $700 worth of ETH as I write this.

Oh, and I know I screwed up. I accept responsibility for that. I'm just kinda fascinated actually that they operate the way they do.

Thanks!

Hen

Hey

Same happened with me. I have sent some token but I did not knew that I need to convert this token first to send on yobit and they just disappeared. And it's been 2 months, I have not received any response from yobit. You are lucky enough that you have received a response. I think there is no chance to recover your ETH. If you found any please do share with me :-P BTW it's already written on every exchange if you send wrong payment to some other address you will lose your money. In this way they are on safer side.
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:01:54 PM

You will never hear from their support. I have tried once to contact them, but I have just received a standard bot answer for several requests. But no real answer. Man unfortunately forget about your ether. You will never get it back... But you will know for future that this is not the best exchange to use.

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:45:53 AM

Wow! That's a good thing that Yobit returned your money via insurance. That sounds so cool.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:35:21 AM

Yobit is seriously having customers relationship issues and this is sowing in all the conversation and thread that people has be open here concerned them.  I have tried to actually look at things from governments point of views and I conclude that this market and exchange actually need to be regulated before exchange like yobit will learn to do things write.
prokerduit

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:49:51 PM

Hi Forum,

A mistake led me to sending ETH to Yobit's ETC wallet address.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Here are a few things that struck me as odd about Yobit.

1. I searched ETH in the wallet search bar, but ETC still showed up.  I realize ETC's full name is Ethereum Classic, but most exchanges will only show Ethereum when you search for ETH

2.  You need one BTC satoshi in your account to participate in the chat box.

3. I reached out to support and it took nearly a week to get a response.  I hadn't realized until after their response that I sent ETH to an ETC wallet.  Instead of offering suggestions to resolve the issue, they sent a response saying I had sent ETH to an ETC wallet and that's why my funds are not showing.  They closed the ticket.

I reached out to Exodus support which is where I sent my ETH from and they said that the exchange has full control of those ETH funds and that it would be possible for them to recover and refund them for me.

I have sent a follow-up to Yobit support.  I don't plan to use their exchange anymore after this experience.  Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for how to deal with them in trying to get back my ETH?  I sent 7 ETH so it's about $700 worth of ETH as I write this.

Oh, and I know I screwed up. I accept responsibility for that. I'm just kinda fascinated actually that they operate the way they do.

Thanks!

Hen

you can not completely blame them, because this is your own fault for sending ETH to an ETC address. it is clear that it will fail or be wasted. 7 ETH is not a small price. maybe in the future you have to be more careful again. you have to do something if you want to do something, because plunging into the cryptocurrency is full of great responsibilities and big risks
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:06:18 AM

You guys won't believe this.  Yobit gave me an activation code and then a link to enter it which had gave me the full amount of my ETH from their insurance fund.  WTF.  Problem solved. I truly can't believe it.

First time ever seeing and hearing, that yobit solved a problem. I was thinking their support never answers whatever you write to them. Man you are super lucky I have to tel ya

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
MSTDR

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 11:34:07 PM

I did the same thing with 10 ETH and YoBit flat out told me they will never give it back to me:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4868465.msg43854288#msg43854288
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: