Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:30:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-11-25] Mark Cuban: Only invest in bitcoin if you're prepared to lose  (Read 4114 times)
aysha9872 (OP)

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

uncloak.io

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:49:04 PM

Mark Cuban: Only invest in bitcoin if you're prepared to lose your money

There are some strong opinions when it comes to bitcoin, which has surged seven times in price this year.

Some of the biggest names on Wall Street are starting to embrace the digital currency, including Fundstrat's Tom Lee and value investor Bill Miller, who is running a fund with nearly a third of its assets in bitcoin.

One Dutch family even bet all they have on bitcoin.

Others are not fans at all. JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon called bitcoin a "fraud," adding "it's worse than tulip bulbs. It won't end well." Billionaire investor Howard Marks called it a "pyramid scheme."

And then there's the camp occupying the middle ground, who don't say it's the best investment, but also don't say it's the worst investment.

Billionaire Mark Cuban seems to be among that group. As he told Vanity Fair, it's OK to invest up to 10 percent of your savings in high risk investments, including bitcoin and ethereum. You've just "got to pretend you've already lost your money," he said, adding that it's like throwing "the Hail Mary."

Tony Robbins has his own analogy for investing in bitcoin: It's "like going to Vegas," he told CNBC's "Fast Money."

Cuban and Robbins advise only betting on what you can afford to lose. If you win, great; if you don't, at least you only lost discretionary funds.

As for the best way to invest your money right now, go with a cheap S&P 500 SPX fund, says Cuban.
Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/22/mark-cuban-only-invest-in-bitcoin-if-youre-prepared-to-lose-your-money.html
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:40:49 PM

We can't blame Mark Cuban's perspective with Bitcoin as the price of it is really increasing drastically that's why they are so scared to make an investment with it because they believe that it is still a bubble that burst anytime soon. Bitcoin is making a history and we are all witnessing it so no matter what this rich guys express about their opinions Bitcoin will still grow in the future.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:10:09 PM

We can't blame Mark Cuban's perspective with Bitcoin as the price of it is really increasing drastically that's why they are so scared to make an investment with it because they believe that it is still a bubble that burst anytime soon.

Mark Cuban is nothing more than an attention seeking idiot. Bitcoin isn't and should never be seen as a gamble, period. Other than that, Bitcoin has been stated to be a bubble even at the $1000 level, and at that time the regular person refrained from buying Bitcoin. Now it has risen to current levels, it's very hard to resist buying at current levels, because waiting might once again result in you having missed a great buying opportunity -- what looks expensive today, will look cheap a few months later from now. Main point of importance is that the market might go down in the short term, but it will climb back stronger than before. That's what happened this year constantly.
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:11:06 PM

I think the title and the contents of what he said is not the same. What I think he means is "You're investing in something that's available for the first time, and nobody knows how things are going to turn out. In case it all blows up, just be prepared that all your money might be gone." I think this is sound financial advice. Although we all hope for the best, nobody knows what's eventually going to happen with bitcoin.

xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2017, 08:12:33 PM

Hmmmm... Okay. How is his multi-million dollar investment in the UnikoinGold (UKG) ICO going?😂😂😂
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:59:20 PM

Not the best investment, but also not the worst? Sketchy words. To a certain extent I can understand people who think like that due to the current higher levels, but it also directly shows the lack of their long term vision. Bitcoin is far more than just an investment, but that's obviously not what people are looking at initially, they are just out to grab some quick profits. At some point people will realize why Bitcoin is more than just an investment, and then still they are free to enter the market (Bitcoin doesn't discriminate like banks do), but obviously, at absurdly higher levels.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:18:59 PM

I think we have to consider his opinion with a grain of salt. We cannot just shove someone away just because that someone has different opinion as ours. We all differ and by that, we have to accept our individual differences. As for me, I believe in Bitcoin. But on the same vein, I, too, believe that you should not consider making money out of it if you cannot accept losses. Losing is part and parcel of the nature of Bitcoin's business. Hence, we have to embrace the possibility of losing to begin with.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 2148

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:55:29 PM

Well, this is true for any investments, no one holds all their life savings in stocks or other assets, even if they are very low risk. Everyone is trying to diversify to have at least something left in event of some economic disaster. And it's not a secret that Bitcoin is known for it's volatility, and it's entirely possible that we will enter a bear market in the future - so no one should invest more than they can lose. Recently there were some articles about people who sold their houses to buy Bitcoin a few months ago - and while now it seems like a very smart idea, since they've effectively doubled their money, it only counts if they have actually sold now - otherwise they are risking to lose some of their gains or even turn into lose. Investing is a great way to increase your wealth, but when misused it can also ruin your life.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:33:11 AM

I'm from Dallas and I can tell you, Mark Cuban is a ponce. That is all you need to know.
TagaMungkahi

Activity: 364
Merit: 118

Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:54:18 AM

I don't know how to react on this but i am definitely sure that he just meant that do not invest right now if you are not prepared to lose, Bitcoin's volatility is high and now the price is increasing and we cannot avoid to have doubts on investing because the possibility of Bitcoin dipping is so high and that may result to a great loss, You can invest on Bitcoin again when the price is below $7000,m but i do believe that it will never happen, CME might change everything on Bitcoin.

Xabad

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:11:46 AM

That is still a good insight, IF everyone will invest 10% of our savings into bitcoin and just forget about it then price will still go high since there will be more limited coins that will be inc circulation and when the price go high of course will tend to invest more. It is a good idea to consider investing in bitcoin as  a gambling since it is really a gamble to invest to it.
Guardian.P

Activity: 609
Merit: 255

Pandora's Tokens Bounties

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 10:59:54 AM

I think there will be a lot of such opinions. I can assume that this will be a series of such statements, in order to try to bring down the course. I think people should look more at the fact
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: