Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:47:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 % Fee ??  (Read 166 times)
IBaloetsi (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:01:22 PM

Hey guys!

I was curious about something.. im going through my learning procces and yesterday i bought 40 euros of btc.. after i did that i deposited some on an exchange it was approximately 20 euros .. sickest shit happend the 20 euros was deposited.. but there where 2 other wallets where money was sent and one of those amounts was 16 euros ?!? thats alot of fee.. after this happend i checked on the web and i did some reading about the fees.. but the fact that the fee is almost the half of my (test) investment is off the charts .. anyone has a logic answer for me to prevent this in the future ??

much love, the newbie  Cheesy
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:08:49 PM

Hey guys!

I was curious about something.. im going through my learning procces and yesterday i bought 40 euros of btc.. after i did that i deposited some on an exchange it was approximately 20 euros .. sickest shit happend the 20 euros was deposited.. but there where 2 other wallets where money was sent and one of those amounts was 16 euros ?!? thats alot of fee.. after this happend i checked on the web and i did some reading about the fees.. but the fact that the fee is almost the half of my (test) investment is off the charts .. anyone has a logic answer for me to prevent this in the future ??

much love, the newbie  Cheesy

Either the exchange you bought them from has a flat fee of ~0.001 BTCBTC ( or something similar), I know bittrex et al have this implemented, Or the wallet / service you were using miscalculated the amount of fees you needed.

Use software wallets in the future so you can set your own fees, and use accelerators together with low fees. However there's not that much you can do when sending it back and forth to an exchange. They will still calculate/set the fees for you, how bad it may be.

IBaloetsi (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:16:42 PM

Hey guys!

much love, the newbie  Cheesy

Either the exchange you bought them from has a flat fee of ~0.001 BTCBTC ( or something similar), I know bittrex et al have this implemented, Or the wallet / service you were using miscalculated the amount of fees you needed.

Use software wallets in the future so you can set your own fees, and use accelerators together with low fees. However there's not that much you can do when sending it back and forth to an exchange. They will still calculate/set the fees for you, how bad it may be.

Thanks man, yeahh probably the exchange or the fact that i've put the fee from my software wallet (got that) on default, can the R-B-F have something to do with this?... anyway  much appreciation for your reply! Wink
IBaloetsi (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:28:19 PM

Got it figured out guys,Thanks !! Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: